Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kit deal announced (Ed. New 23/24 kit page 52)

Comments

• I don't like the Castore England Test shirt, the lack of buttons look odd for a cricket shirt. But do it in red, and it would make a decent Charlton shirt though

The Kent Castore shirt is more traditional looking

Cricket whites should never be pure white, they always look horrible. The Kent kit is fine
    England's cricket kit only looks alright in photos
    In the flesh and on telly it's pale blue and very very wrong

• I don't like the Castore England Test shirt, the lack of buttons look odd for a cricket shirt. But do it in red, and it would make a decent Charlton shirt though

My ex-Mrs had an irrational fear of buttons.

So it was button down collars, pockets, boxers...

• Kent’s T20 kit is quite nice 
  • Billy_Mix said:
    I don't like the Castore England Test shirt, the lack of buttons look odd for a cricket shirt. But do it in red, and it would make a decent Charlton shirt though

Cricket whites should never be pure white, they always look horrible. The Kent kit is fine

Suspect your telly isn’t set up properly
  • Milton Keynes also now with Castore who have taken over their retail operations.

They’re really trying to add to their portfolio. Wouldn’t surprise me if by summer of 2023 we see Castore doing a lot more and different things too. Only a matter of time before they expand into internationally in football.
  • Sage said:
    Milton Keynes also now with Castore who have taken over their retail operations.

They’re really trying to add to their portfolio. Wouldn’t surprise me if by summer of 2023 we see Castore doing a lot more and different things too. Only a matter of time before they expand into internationally in football.
    From the Wikipedia page, they've got Sevilla and Bayer Leverkusen next season, so already have 2 decent European sides
  • Sage said:
    Milton Keynes also now with Castore who have taken over their retail operations.

From the Wikipedia page, they've got Sevilla and Bayer Leverkusen next season, so already have 2 decent European sides
    Just checked, good sides to sponsor, they also have Feyenoord from 23-24 season which is quite big in Netherlands.

Be interesting to see how they grow. 3 Premier League, 2 League One, and 1 League Two next season. alongside one from Scotland, Germany, and Spain.

They also have Andy Murray, Adam Peaty, obviously England, South Africa and West Indies in cricket, but they also have Saracens in Rugby which is big too. Certainly making their mark.
  • Rothko said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    I don't like the Castore England Test shirt, the lack of buttons look odd for a cricket shirt. But do it in red, and it would make a decent Charlton shirt though

Suspect your telly isn’t set up properly
    Nothing wrong with my own colour vision
  • Red shirts are great for ketchup spillage. White ones not so great.
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:

Just checked, good sides to sponsor, they also have Feyenoord from 23-24 season which is quite big in Netherlands.

Be interesting to see how they grow. 3 Premier League, 2 League One, and 1 League Two next season. alongside one from Scotland, Germany, and Spain.

They also have Andy Murray, Adam Peaty, obviously England, South Africa and West Indies in cricket, but they also have Saracens in Rugby which is big too. Certainly making their mark.
    Also have a 3 year sponsorship deal with Gary Neville.
  • Sponsored links:

• Red shirts are great for ketchup spillage. White ones not so great.
    Better for mayo 
  • Kent’s T20 kit is quite nice 
    I was there on Sunday v Middlesex, it’s very good 
  • Kent's T20 kits have been consistently good in recent years, whoever the kit supplier. I imagine the club itself has quite a strong input
  • love that - have always liked black and white striped kits
  • Both of those are decent , I didn't like last season's Newcastle shirt which due to the design looked like it had "4" on the front
  • edited June 2022
    Rothko said:
    I'm a big fan of home kits being plain and dull
    shame fruit of the loom aren't our kit suppliers 
    Home kits should be traditional, and you shouldn't piss about with them, like the wannabe Rugby League kit we wore a few years back, away kits you have a bit more to play with, and third kits are a designers free hit 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    Rothko said:
    I'm a big fan of home kits being plain and dull
    shame fruit of the loom aren't our kit suppliers 
    Used to sponsor Derry City.

• For fans of Newcastle who like to buy the tops, it must be frustrating as there is not much you can do with varying the design of black and white stripes.
  • Billy_Mix said:

was watching the cricket in the pub earlier (well it was on the telly) and 100% its blue 
  • Billy_Mix said:

was watching the cricket in the pub earlier (well it was on the telly) and 100% its blue 
    What?

just saying to bloke at work hate the whiteness of the kit. 
  • For fans of Newcastle who like to buy the tops, it must be frustrating as there is not much you can do with varying the design of black and white stripes.
    Heavily reliant on having an interesting sponsor (Newcastle Brown Ale for example). The current sponsor they have is terrible
  • Very surprised that they haven't ditched the sponsor for a big name Saudi one instead.
  • Something to be considered for the new kits.

A Home Club will now be able to wear its ‘away’ or third kit where a clash may occur that would make it difficult for people who are colour blind to differentiate between the kits worn by both teams.

The amendment also allows Clubs to further ‘mix and match’ elements of their registered kits in order to avoid kit clashes. The EFL will also play a more active role in helping Clubs identify where a potential ‘colour blind kit clash’ may occur to give them adequate notice so that all necessary arrangements can be made in advance.

• edited June 2022
    A red (of the correct shade) and white version of that would do us fine

MrOneLung
    said:
    Billy_Mix said:

What?

just saying to bloke at work hate the whiteness of the kit. 
    cos that 'whiteness' is pale blue and wrongdy wrong
  • I give it 3 seasons before 4th kits are a thing £££