Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kit deal announced (Ed. New 23/24 kit page 52)

Comments

• Fight for the peace movement?
  • Assume it’ll be released next week as they’ll be pictures from training camp in the new gear?
  • Golfer Matt Fitzpatrick wears Castore clothing .. US Open: Matthew Fitzpatrick shares lead after day three - BBC Sport
    Castore are also involved in Australian rugby league with a few NRL teams now wearing their kits...Melbourne Storm and Sydney Roosters are 2 off the top of my head.
  • Bristol City's shirt looks very Arsenal, but is a based on a 1950s kit (Hummel as usual putting in the effort)

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-unveil-202223-home-shirt/
  • Shame Hummel stopped trying on the home kit after the Championship season 
  • Christ on his cross to be a Coventry fan this season: https://www.ccfcstore.com/replica-kits/home-kit/

Thats the design used for their horrible Brown kit back in the day isnt it?
  • Christ on his cross to be a Coventry fan this season: https://www.ccfcstore.com/replica-kits/home-kit/

Yep, based on a Admiral kit https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/original-admiral-197581-coventry-city-kitshirt--516014069802469920/ 
  • Sponsored links:

• Castore seem to be everywhere at the moment  - lots of golfers including the new US Open champ. Let's hope the success rubs off!!

They will sell loads of those tops.

• Possibly the worst combination of hair colour, style and kit ever 🤦🏻
    Is that Louis Mendez back in the day?
    Yes. 
    Thought you are supposed to get better with age. It seems it’s the opposite for Lou

Didn’t that design (the blue in the link) back in the day have something to do with their sponsor? I seem to recall Talbot cars and the design was to get around the limits on shirt sponsor logos then by creating the logo (or variant of) in the base shirt design. 

Think at one point the 3 stripes were centred or similar. 

Might be misremembering. 
  • edited June 2022
    Christ on his cross to be a Coventry fan this season: https://www.ccfcstore.com/replica-kits/home-kit/

Didn’t that design (the blue in the link) back in the day have something to do with their sponsor? I seem to recall Talbot cars and the design was to get around the limits on shirt sponsor logos then by creating the logo (or variant of) in the base shirt design. 

Think at one point the 3 stripes were centred or similar. 

Might be misremembering. 
    You are correct. They wanted to be called Coventry Talbot which the League stopped happening. My dad had a Talbot Alpine and a Talbot Tagora and they were decent cars. The Tagora didn't catch on but it was an underated car.

• Golfer Matt Fitzpatrick wears Castore clothing .. US Open: Matthew Fitzpatrick shares lead after day three - BBC Sport
    Castore are also involved in Australian rugby league with a few NRL teams now wearing their kits...Melbourne Storm and Sydney Roosters are 2 off the top of my head.
    also Saracens RUFC 
  • So two players announced and photos of the lads in pre season training and not one item of Charlton branded kit anywhere to be seen.
  • So two players announced and photos of the lads in pre season training and not one item of Charlton branded kit anywhere to be seen.
    Yeah but Mandela's shirt!!
    Castore need to be running that up as the away kit smartish.  It'd be an instant sell out but one in the eye for the colour blind afflicted
  • edited June 2022
    Back in the day, next seasons kit would be announced around the last couple of games of the season, sometimes we would even play in it in the final game. Contracts with suppliers these days probably run beyond the end of the season, so that kind of thing isnt allowed anymore Im guessing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCTrev said:
    Back in the day, next seasons kit would be announced around the last couple of games of the season, sometimes we would even play in it in the final game. Contracts with suppliers these days probably run beyond the end of the season, so that kind of thing isnt allowed anymore Im guessing. 
    Was talking about this just yesterday with some mates. I wonder why it doesn’t happen anymore. 
  • edited June 2022
    CAFCTrev said:
    Was talking about this just yesterday with some mates. I wonder why it doesn’t happen anymore. 
    Exactly, I remember the first new CAFC nike kit for 12/13 was being showcased in the club shop windows on the last game of the 11/12 season. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Exactly, I remember the first new CAFC nike kit for 12/13 was being showcased in the club shop windows on the last game of the 11/12 season. 
    ‘98 playoff final we wore the kit for the next season. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    ‘98 playoff final we wore the kit for the next season. 
    I think @Talal  will know the story better, but hadn't Quaser gone bust during that season, and we were effectively wearing LCS stuff for most of the year. 

As for that Nike kit, I could have got it made down the road and shown it off. 
  • The new (refurbed) shop opens next week, I presume itl all launch then. Be pretty minimal if not :) 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Still happens at the big clubs, presumably because kit manufacturers prioritise them. Arsenal wore next seasons kit in their final home game of last season.

We'd be way down Castore's priority list looking at their other clubs. But i'm sure i read that our new club shop isn't due to open until July, so maybe there will be a kit unveiling to tie in with that?
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Still happens at the big clubs, presumably because kit manufacturers prioritise them. Arsenal wore next seasons kit in their final home game of last season.

We'd be way down Castore's priority list looking at their other clubs. But i'm sure i read that our new club shop isn't due to open until July, so maybe there will be a kit unveiling to tie in with that?
    Contractually not possible though if you change suppliers.
  • CAFCTrev said:

Its probably easier to unveil something earlier when youre in the middle of a contract with a kit maker, as we are transitioning that probably means Castore couldn't reveal anything until after the season was over. 
  • It doesn't matter who supplies our kit, we are always one of the last to release it for some reason.

They also used that design for their home kit, so I'd say it's just a copy of that