Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jojo Wollacott - out with a broken finger (p12)

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:
    As much as I love his quick distribution his handling does concern me.

he opts to punch rather than claim it sometimes and, provided he gets good contact it’s no big deal, but I’ve noticed a fair few shots that he’s spilled too.  And the less said about the forest green goal the better
    Let's see how McGillavrey gets on at Barnsley.
    Jojo has made 1 error that cost a goal in 9 games. 
    Two isn't it? Bolton and Forest Green Rovers.
    No idea what goal he was supposed to have given away at Bolton. 

Does he really need to come for this? He's nowhere near it.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Well we'll find out how important Wollacott is next week

Wonder who replaces him in goal, whether we go for MacGillivray (given he's been the sub 'keeper) or whether we give the stop to Harness who to be fair to him, has had more game time this season albeit just the one game in the EFL Trophy.
  • Options
    He’s an upgrade but not a huge one 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I think he's much better than Mac. But you can still say he's cost us 2 goals in 9 games. 

With Clayden also costing 3-4, that's quite a lot down to individual error. Hope we can start stamping it out.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I think he's much better than Mac. But you can still say he's cost us 2 goals in 9 games. 

With Clayden also costing 3-4, that's quite a lot down to individual error. Hope we can start stamping it out.
    On the full back issue, I'm pleased that Egbo is now available and already showing what he's capable of. Hopefully Sessegnon isn't too far behind as I felt he was key to some of our good play in the early games.

Clayden has shown glimpses of promise but I think it's time to pull him out of the spotlight for the time being.
  • Options
    In goal for Ghana v Brazil this evening 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    In goal for Ghana v Brazil this evening 
    Easy game for the gk & the defence then. Doubt he'll have much to do...😄
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    He’s up against this…..

god speed to you young man

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Swisdom said:
    As much as I love his quick distribution his handling does concern me.

he opts to punch rather than claim it sometimes and, provided he gets good contact it’s no big deal, but I’ve noticed a fair few shots that he’s spilled too.  And the less said about the forest green goal the better
    Let's see how McGillavrey gets on at Barnsley.
    Jojo has made 1 error that cost a goal in 9 games. 
    Two isn't it? Bolton and Forest Green Rovers.
    No idea what goal he was supposed to have given away at Bolton. 

Does he really need to come for this? He's nowhere near it.

No, but our defenders are bigger culprits in this. Absolute shambles. It's also a handball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3-0 down at h/t
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    FT 3-0. Wollacott played all 90 minutes.
  • Options
    FT 3-0. Wollacott played all 90 minutes.
    Fantastic result for Ghana.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Is it just me or has has Wollacott played the ball out from his feet significantly less in recent weeks? 

Thinking back to the Accrington game, he was almost a third centre half in terms of possession. You could see a clear identity and that started with the keeper. 

I may be misremembering, but I’ve noticed a lot more “hoof ball” (from Wollacott) in the past few games. 
  • Options
    Is it just me or has has Wollacott played the ball out from his feet significantly less in recent weeks? 

Thinking back to the Accrington game, he was almost a third centre half in terms of possession. You could see a clear identity and that started with the keeper. 

I may be misremembering, but I’ve noticed a lot more “hoof ball” (from Wollacott) in the past few games. 
    For all the talk about Garnerball and our possession style, we seem to have reverted to much more of a mixed style in recent weeks. I don't remember Wollacott doing anything with his feet that MacGillivray or Amos wouldn't have done.
  • Options
    Wollacott was partially to blame for Brazil's 1st.
    Headed in from a corner on the 6 yard box, with the keeper & defence nowhere.

He possibly, could have got down quicker for the 2nd, but rather harsh to criticise him not stopping a great shot.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2F2_xqfMC8

In Conversation | Jojo Wollacott (October 2022)

• Options
    AMB back in training 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alcafc1 said:
    AMB back in training 
    Wonder if Gillingham just terminated the loan deal

As I would expect him to go straight back there the moment he can commence training again
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    This will apply to Wollacott as well, I would’ve thought.

If we received 250k from FIFA, that effectively covers his wage for the year and then some.

• Options
    Makes sense now keeping Mc
  • Options

If we received 250k from FIFA, that effectively covers his wage for the year and then some.

i was told it's £9k a day for everyday a player remains in the world cup.
  • Options

Surely not £250k? That’s a bit much
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Wont AMB be fit by then? I'd be picking him over McG
  • Options
    If we want to move Mc on in January then he needs games. I thought his performance at Barnsley was pretty good. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Id go for that. Think MacG is a decent enough shot stopper but very limited as a "modern day" GK. 

• Options
    edited October 2022

Surely not £250k? That’s a bit much
    If it’s 9k per day as @bolloxbolder says, Ghana would have to go quite deep in the tournament for us to realise the full 250k!

If true, more likely they’ll go out at the group stage and  the club will get 120-180k depending on when the “days” begin counting (is it when he leaves to join the national team squad or when they play their first game, etc.?).
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Id go for that. Think MacG is a decent enough shot stopper but very limited as a "modern day" GK. 

Apparantly, that side of the game isn't a very strong part of AMB's game either. Think we need to slowly adjust to the fact he might not be pure magic.