Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    Dave2l said:
    FAVADDICK said:

"Then you should leave now, as you're not in the right job"

He's a prick. 

Someone who believes he is a maverick that thinks outside the box.

Probably thinks he's a modern version of Steve jobs 
    I really do believe, were in a worst place now then under roland.
    You think it was hard getting rid off roland imagine what its going to be like to get rid of this ego maniac !!!
    Not as difficult as if he continues the way he’s going his money will dry up very quickly the longer we stay in this division. He’s not got the money like Duchatelet has. 
    Yep, he’s relying on promotion and/or a big sale or two.

We need to keep Leaburn to have a chance of promotion but he’s also the player who’s likely to attract the biggest bids.
  • Options
    Anti Thomas sentiment is a negative that won't make the Club any more appealing to prospective buyers. As a support base, the best thing we can do, aside from supporting the team, is to publicize the Club in the most positive manner to attract interest.

We have good people effectively doing that already by nature of their work, but with no one with big bucks coming forward as yet, AFAIK, we need to cast the net wider. Don't ask me how. Not my field of expertise, but I know we have some creative thinkers out there.

The Club is always for sale at a price.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Anti Thomas sentiment is a negative that won't make the Club any more appealing to prospective buyers. As a support base, the best thing we can do, aside from supporting the team, is to publicize the Club in the most positive manner to attract interest.

We have good people effectively doing that already by nature of their work, but with no one with big bucks coming forward as yet, AFAIK, we need to cast the net wider. Don't ask me how. Not my field of expertise, but I know we have some creative thinkers out there.

The Club is always for sale at a price.

Useful positive mindset.

Let's hope it happens one day and let's hope the valley gets purchased
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    I keep seeing posts declaring we were better off under Duchatelet. Remember this, Duchatelet sold this club for a pound to ESI, that single decision almost resulted in the club going to the wall with very little hope of saving it as it become no more than an entity as Duchatelet had managed to separate the club from the ground. Duchatelet is the reason we are where we are, Sandgaard actually saved the club, any other bids such as the Varney deal were dead in the water because Duchatelet was warned off by Richard Murray, I don't think that it was difficult to persuade the Belgian though as he saw getting rid of a cash drain football club and retaining, what he see's, as prime real estate in London as a win win. Sandgaard's problems are escalating and bullshiting rather than engaging with fans will exasperate rather than help those problems. From our position Sandgaard's purchase of the club bought us time, nothing else but what needs to happen now is the someone buys the club and the infrastructure still owned by Duchatelet. 
    Great post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bailey said:
    I keep seeing posts declaring we were better off under Duchatelet. Remember this, Duchatelet sold this club for a pound to ESI, that single decision almost resulted in the club going to the wall with very little hope of saving it as it become no more than an entity as Duchatelet had managed to separate the club from the ground. Duchatelet is the reason we are where we are, Sandgaard actually saved the club, any other bids such as the Varney deal were dead in the water because Duchatelet was warned off by Richard Murray, I don't think that it was difficult to persuade the Belgian though as he saw getting rid of a cash drain football club and retaining, what he see's, as prime real estate in London as a win win. Sandgaard's problems are escalating and bullshiting rather than engaging with fans will exasperate rather than help those problems. From our position Sandgaard's purchase of the club bought us time, nothing else but what needs to happen now is the someone buys the club and the infrastructure still owned by Duchatelet. 
    By that same token didn’t Duchatelet “save the club” from the looming disaster at the end of the spivs reign?
  • Options
    The bottom line is  that we seem to get shit owner after shit owner. 
    The law of average says it's about time we got a good one. 
    It’s the hope that kills ya @blackpool72  🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Bailey said:
    By that same token didn’t Duchatelet “save the club” from the looming disaster at the end of the spivs reign?
    And the spivs saved it in 2010, Fryer in 1984 and the Glikstens in the 1930s.
    It's almost a habit Airman, lets hope we don't break it as we need saving again. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Bailey said:
    If it was “prime real estate” it would have been built over many years ago, not least because it was vacant for years. It’s not and that has been and is a big protection. Obviously all land in London has a value but The Valley is a problematic secondary site. I don’t think RD is completely oblivious to that but he’s not going to admit it to potential buyers.
  • Options
    The problem now is that for the fans to be seen to be protesting at the owner, which is at least the third time in 6 years 3 owners on the trot will not encourage anyone else to buy the club.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    The problem now is that for the fans to be seen to be protesting at the owner, which is at least the third time in 6 years 3 owners on the trot will not encourage anyone else to buy the club.
    Unlikely 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TS isn't ruining the club. The club has been a basket case for years. He just tried to make a difference. Times up I suspect. AFC Charlton anyone?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Have a good read of the Charlton employee/perhaps ex employees twitter feed.
    https://twitter.com/RuiPintwo
  • Options
    I think any protests should be aimed at drop the ego instead of get out of our club, 
  • Options
    edited September 2022

• Options
    Who is Rui Pinto and how would he know about a conversation with junior staff?
  • Options
    Who is Rui Pinto and how would he know about a conversation with junior staff?
    Who cares who, fact is he is confirming a lot of the stuff suggested last season and this.