Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• who is Damien Walters ?
    New CEO ? 
  • edited July 2022
    who is Damien Walters ?
    By the looks he is the head of the British Institute of Kitchen, Bedroom and Bathroom installation.

That's all I've got.
    CEO of BIKBBI who were (are?) a sponsor of our women’s team.

https://www.bikbbi.org.uk/about/community/

https://www.bikbbi.org.uk/about/our-people/
  • If we dont get a decent striker in for this season, I fear we will struggle like last year and offer no challenge for promotion out of this league.

Sorry for sounding so negative but this is such an obvious weakness.

I find it hard to believe that Thomas thinks the current strikeforce is good enough to carry us through. 
    I fully realise and approve he is keeping a tight grip on expenses but we are a football club and results remain the priority for all of us who have Charlton blood flowing through our veins.

Its unrealistic and unfair to expect the likes of Kanu and Leburn (as good as they are) to rescue us when we lose our existing strikers to injury and suspensions.

Another season like the last one would be a hammer blow and very damaging to all concerned.
    TS knows we need another striker/winger to bring the goals needed to get us out of this league.

90% of the articles he posts via Cawley have an agenda behind them vs being the truth I.e.

1. “We have Leaburn so we don’t need a striker” means we need a striker but we don’t want agents to think we do.

2. “We would listen to offers for Forster-Caskey but he is not transfer listed” means we’re not sure JFC can cut it after his injury and we’re open to moving him on.

3. “We’re not looking to sell Stockley unless the offer is huge” means Stockley is available if anyone (Sheff Weds at the time) wants to pay through the roof.
    1 and 3 are correct.

2.  JFC allegedly didn't want the club to enforce the option.  His ability, or effectiveness aren't the issue.
  • edited July 2022
  • Sponsored links:

• Damiens a great bloke. clearly he's done well for himself and is trying to help the club out. he's no mug and I'm cautiously optimistic hearing what he has said. He can only take what he's told at face value though and if he's being lied to then that's not his fault. only time will tell of TS true intentions. 

for me, he's made some decisions I wouldn't have, but again he's got a history to success in business through making decisions ans taking risks. I haven't! 
  • The FA when looking at Charlton (who absolutely deserve cat 1 status in my opinion) may have been unimpressed by another request made recently to go from ‘women’ to ‘ladies’.
  • aliwibble said:
    So is that done for the season now and the club have to wait a further 12 months? 
  • Billyboy said:
    who is Damien Walters ?
    Just a charlton supporter I've known for years, ok bloke
    This is how old I am, I knew his dad 
  • seth plum said:
    The FA when looking at Charlton (who absolutely deserve cat 1 status in my opinion) may have been unimpressed by another request made recently to go from ‘women’ to ‘ladies’.
    If the Professional Game Academy Audit Company, who do the work on this, have taken an entirely unrelated issue into account when reaching their decision as to the success of our Application, what do you think our owner should do, keep trying or abandon his efforts to obtain cat 1 status? 

Incidentally, as the articles makes no reference to us, I'd be very wary of drawing any conclusions from it. 
  • swordfish said:
    seth plum said:
    The FA when looking at Charlton (who absolutely deserve cat 1 status in my opinion) may have been unimpressed by another request made recently to go from ‘women’ to ‘ladies’.
    If the Professional Game Academy Audit Company, who do the work on this, have taken an entirely unrelated issue into account when reaching their decision as to the success of our Application, what do you think our owner should do, keep trying or abandon his efforts to obtain cat 1 status? 

Incidentally, as the articles makes no reference to us, I'd be very wary of drawing any conclusions from it. 
    You can conclude we haven’t been awarded category one status, because we haven’t.
  • swordfish said:
    seth plum said:

You can conclude we haven’t been awarded category one status, because we haven’t.
    Have we been turned down though? I thought we were still working towards it and have no idea where we stand in terms of progress of the application. That article gave no such information concerning Charlton, hence my comment.
  • Turned down cat 1 but are appealing but been told not confident we will get it
  • swordfish said:
    swordfish said:
    seth plum said:

Have we been turned down though? I thought we were still working towards it and have no idea where we stand in terms of progress of the application. That article gave no such information concerning Charlton, hence my comment.
    You can continue to work towards it regardless of a decision, but my understanding is that audits take place on a cycle. The club had hoped to get it this summer and has been turned down. Best ask the club what the position is.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    swordfish said:
    swordfish said:
    seth plum said:

You can continue to work towards it regardless of a decision, but my understanding is that audits take  on a cycle. The club had hoped to get it this summer and has been turned down. Best ask the club what the position is.
    You're alright. I really can't be bothered, but I suspect those here who here knew it had been turned down didn't find out reading  that article alone, which I maintain was inconclusive.
  • Shame that Category status seems to care more about the infrastructure than how productive it is.

Bricks and Mortar will certainly help - But the fact that the likes of Charlton and Crewe try to make and effort to produce their own kids, and bring them through the system, should be first and foremost the priority.
    It’s a lot harder to bring players through at the top clubs and I’m sure you’d find some of those clubs have produced more players throughout the PL and EFL than we have.
  • Scoham said:
    Shame that Category status seems to care more about the infrastructure than how productive it is.

Bricks and Mortar will certainly help - But the fact that the likes of Charlton and Crewe try to make and effort to produce their own kids, and bring them through the system, should be first and foremost the priority.
    It’s a lot harder to bring players through at the top clubs and I’m sure you’d find some of those clubs have produced more players throughout the PL and EFL than we have.
    Oh I'm sure the likes of the top six do have a lot more players that make their way into the EFL.

But equally seem to recall seeing a table of clubs that have the most graduates not too long ago, and we were on it?
  • Scoham said:
    Shame that Category status seems to care more about the infrastructure than how productive it is.

Oh I'm sure the likes of the top six do have a lot more players that make their way into the EFL.

But equally seem to recall seeing a table of clubs that have the most graduates not too long ago, and we were on it?
    I think we were, but it’s possibly flawed by counting Pizza Cup games. We’ve given plenty of players their debuts in all the cups in the last few years and quite a few have dropped into non-league. If they don’t have a pro career that’s not really being productive.
  • who is Damien Walters ?
    A very good friend and all round good bloke.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    If we dont get a decent striker in for this season, I fear we will struggle like last year and offer no challenge for promotion out of this league.

Sorry for sounding so negative but this is such an obvious weakness.

I find it hard to believe that Thomas thinks the current strikeforce is good enough to carry us through. 
    I fully realise and approve he is keeping a tight grip on expenses but we are a football club and results remain the priority for all of us who have Charlton blood flowing through our veins.

Its unrealistic and unfair to expect the likes of Kanu and Leburn (as good as they are) to rescue us when we lose our existing strikers to injury and suspensions.

Another season like the last one would be a hammer blow and very damaging to all concerned.
    TS knows we need another striker/winger to bring the goals needed to get us out of this league.

90% of the articles he posts via Cawley have an agenda behind them vs being the truth I.e.

1. “We have Leaburn so we don’t need a striker” means we need a striker but we don’t want agents to think we do.

2. “We would listen to offers for Forster-Caskey but he is not transfer listed” means we’re not sure JFC can cut it after his injury and we’re open to moving him on.

3. “We’re not looking to sell Stockley unless the offer is huge” means Stockley is available if anyone (Sheff Weds at the time) wants to pay through the roof.
    1 and 3 are correct.

2.  JFC allegedly didn't want the club to enforce the option.  His ability, or effectiveness aren't the issue.
    Pity he didn't say that before his health and care season. 
    That makes me annoyed.  It us the sort of attitude  that makes me wonder if cheering like made is worth it . Maybe if we all said bollocks they might all realise what a good screw many are on even in L1.

However Innis has much to be admired for his effort of the field and the fact he is on less money than many less talent in that squad.
    Inniss doesn't deserve a great salary because he's hardly ever available to play. 

I'd heard JFC wanted to go Birmingham. With Bowyer gone that's likely to be dead. I agree it's a little disappointing if he doesn't want to reward the loyalty we showed. Although there's people like Davison who give 100% but a lot of fans want rid. It works both ways. Ultimately if JFC gives his all whilst here I don't see a problem