Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Signing - Jack Payne -Two Year Deal - Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    Needs to add some consistency to his game.
  • Options
    I think Jack Payne is best used as a super sub rather than a starter. Much more effective 
  • Options
    I’d like to see him get more game time. Busy little player who always wants the ball and makes things happen. 
    ☝🏽👍🏽
  • Options
    I’d like to see him get more game time. Busy little player who always wants the ball and makes things happen. 
    Last night he should have been the one closest to Stockley.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Don’t think so . People have to run in behind Stockley, not play as a 10.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    cfgs said:
    He played wide last night .. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    cfgs said:
    Just think he would have been better in the middle than Morgan.
  • Options
    He played wide left yesterday, and was pretty ineffective in attack. Him and Chin struggled defensively on their side as well.

I do prefer him in the middle
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He played wide left yesterday, and was pretty ineffective in attack. Him and Chin struggled defensively on their side as well.

I do prefer him in the middle
    I prefer him coming on as a sub.

Someone said earlier in the thread about how if you choose between him and Kirk you gain, and loose, either way.

I think that sums up our whole squad.  Because we don't have that goal threat from our center foward you have to have 4, or even 5, other sources.  If you want to score.  When we don't have our first choice back 4 you need 2 or 3 players to protect what's left.  That's about 14 or 15 players.
  • Options
    Holden says red card was harsh and wants the players to put tackles in, didn’t think we did enough before he came in.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/dean-holden-says-hell-take-the-hit-for-jack-paynes-harsh-red-card-against-burton-albion/
  • Options
    Having seen the replays, I stand by my initial thoughts - Reckless but probably not dangerous. I think the first should have been a warning and the second a yellow.
  • Options
    Some of the comments on this thread are hilarious. How wrong we were to be excited by his signing
  • Options
    Fine for the cups but he's too excited when he comes on and has cost us the odd goal by losing possession. 

No doubt, due to cost cuttint measures, he will be JRS's replacement!!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Having seen the replays, I stand by my initial thoughts - Reckless but probably not dangerous. I think the first should have been a warning and the second a yellow.
    "Reckless" is the exact adjective used in the Laws of the game to describe a cautionable offence,   so you are actually agreeing that the referee was correct in brandishing two yellow cards. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I didn't realise it was two yellows - I thought he'd got a straight red which I thought very very harsh at the time. I saw the replay after the red card was brandished and thought "that's a yellow, not a red".

But no complaints if it was a second yellow. Silly.
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's a decent squad option to have. 3 goals and 4 assists in 1,144 minutes in the league is pretty good. Add in the banter games and it's 6 goals and 7 assists. Puts him 5th overall for goals and joint first for assists across the full season.
    Considering how few games he plays in the league I see him as an equivalent to Ben Reeves; a 10 we were excited about who disappointed compared to his reputation, but popped up with 4 goals and 3 assists in 29 games (1,835 mins) in our promotion season under Bowyer playing outside his favoured position. You need players like that to get through a successful season, we just need to make sure he's a squad option not an essential first teamer. He might not run games but his goal involvements are worth points
  • Options
    About time, JP owed us a performance.  Still reckon if he's in the matchday 18 come September then we're lumbered with a grimly subpar squad, again.

Coincidence? Left sided player in a predominantly left sided role?  Almost as if that's a horse for a course? 
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    About time, JP owed us a performance.  Still reckon if he's in the matchday 18 come September then we're lumbered with a grimly subpar squad, again.

Coincidence? Left sided player in a predominantly left sided role?  Almost as if that's a horse for a course? 
    And yet he popped up and scored from a position on the right…
  • Options
    Curbs was saying yesterday giving him a run in the team in the 10 position. He likes him. 
  • Options
    He won a header against 6ft Jonathan Leko yesterday, which made me chuckle.
  • Options
    I prefer him as one of the wide attackers, rather than as part of the midfield 3. 
  • Options
    Lol another squad player 
  • Options
    Lol another squad player 
    Yes, we have too many of them & probably too many next season too. We brought in too many League 2 players & players of poor performing / relegated teams.

Until we can build a team around solid players that other teams crave we will be going nowhere. 
  • Options
    I thought, bar his goal of course, he was poor again. First touch is heavy and he constantly goes backwards as he has no ability to beat a man. Over hit his crosses too.

I really wanted him to be good when he joined, but he just isn't.