Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Richard Chin - on loan to Bath City (p3)

Comments

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9F3IPLVE1s

In Conversation | Richard Chin (September 2022)

• There was a kid in my brothers team who was the nuts. He was playing a year above his age group at 8 and got snapped up by Chelsea. At 10 he moved 2 years up for the challenge on a Sunday whilst playing Saturday football for Chelsea. Apparantly got in with the wrong crowd and was released at 16 but was regularly playing U18s for them at the time. 
    Where is he playing now?

Stories like this always annoy as so few kids make it to the top level that i think if you had that talent why would you waste it?
    So frustrating, apparently works in retail, no idea if he still plays but if he does it’s a low level. 

I only saw him play a couple of times but he was way ahead of anyone else on the pitch despite being the youngest. Could do everything as well, tackle, pass and scored most games (was a CM). 
  • Not much opportunity for him to get forward tonight, but thought he had a solid game tonight after a few shaky ones. Looks much better on his natural side (like most fullbacks do). Liked him more than what I've seen recently from Clare.
  • Did well
  • Thought he did really well especially considering how shaky he's looked recently. 
  • mendonca said:
    We have to all remember that Chin is a midfielder. 

He's been thrown in as LB, RWB and RB. Will take some time to adjust to the men's game but tonight he did very well. I'd like to see him played as a right midfielder...he will be up and down all game.
    Been saying this all season. Done especially well tonight as it’s not his favoured position. Would’ve learnt a lot from tonight.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Can he play against Brighton every week?

His best performances this season have been against their U21s, and now their Senior side.
  • Agreed... Correct decision, thrown in at the wrong time for the most part this season

Yet showed in both Brighton games that he's potentially got something about him 
  • We seem to have had a number of these one year contract options. Pleased we've kept him, just don't play him at LB
  • Pleased for Richard on a personal and professional level. Whether he ultimately turns out to be a regular first teamer for us is clearly open to debate but I do hope that he finds his best position (which certainly isn't LB and might not be RB either) and that he doesn't end up another Clare for example. 
  • Looked to me more like someone who will need to develop on loan than one to put into the first team. Will be interesting to see how he progresses next season.
  • Positive news indeed.

I have to admit to have forgotten him for a while.

No appearances in the U21s ?
  • Anyone remember Hong Wan?
  • Was he Gok's brother?
  • Well done Richard Chin.  Loan to Jan at the start of next season would be sensible I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard History - Chin maker
  • Mentioned in Appleton's press conference that Chin had had an international call up.

I missed this, what are the details?
  • edited November 2023
    Mentioned in Appleton's press conference that Chin had had an international call up.

I missed this, what are the details?
    He's Malaysian - Wasn't involved in their 4-3 win over Kyrgyz Republic, so either called up by another Nation, or might be involved against Chinese Taipei tomorrow
  • Of Malaysian descent, I thought 

So was he called up by Malaysia?

And if so, what age group?
  • Richard Chin has rejoined Dartford on loan until December 23rd.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/richard-chin-rejoins-dartford-loan
  • Good luck to him