Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scott Parker - Sacked by Bournemouth (Ed. Sacked by Brugge)

Four games in and they have sacked him. Football has genuinely gonemad.

Comments

• His interviews post match on Saturday were very negative, blaming the owners etc and I guess they’re looking at fulham getting a 2-2. But bournemouth are rubbish, they’ve signed nobody and sort of scraped up last season. I don’t actually disagree with it cos I don’t particularly rate parker certainly at that level , and he took fulham down with a whimper, but sacking him 2 days before the end of the window is mad!
  • Either they've got someone lined up, or Parker gave them an ultimatum about this transfer window and they've decided to sack him rather than invest. 
  • edited August 2022
    Statement from club is interesting as it suggests he wanted new players but the statement makes it clear club sustainability is the priority. Can't disagree with them- thought SP came over as bit whiney in the post match interview, something like 'we need help', so assume he's gone in saying he wants x,y and z and stamped his little feet before being shown the door. Interesting line - 'We must also show belief in and respect for one another.'
  • Didn't see the interviews after the weekend game, so wasn't aware that there was an issue with the owners. Makes more sense I guess.
  • edited August 2022
    expect to see a German/Dane/Portuguese in situ soon .. the type to crack the whip and get things done  :)

For Parker, keeping a small club with little cash and a weak playing staff was always going to be a tough task .. the Liverpool fiasco albeit an always thankless game against a snorting monster of a club humiliated by it's N W rivals and seeking to reassert itself always had 'Danger For the Manager' written all over it

Be difficult for Parker to get another managerial job i m o
  • Are Bournemouth still being bankrolled by  Russian owners?
  • Are Bournemouth still being bankrolled by  Russian owners?
    Yup still Maxim Demin as owner , sounds like he didn't want to invest heavily and Parker wanted a lot more experience. 
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Are Bournemouth still being bankrolled by  Russian owners?
    Yup still Maxim Demin as owner , sounds like he didn't want to invest heavily and Parker wanted a lot more experience. 
    and is Russian 'investment' embargoed at present ?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    and is Russian 'investment' embargoed at present ?
    I would assume so - from that lineup posted above the only 2 signings are Sensi the CB from Feyenoord and Marcus Tavernier from Middlesbrough. 

• Wonder if Sunderland will go for Parker.
  • Wonder if Sunderland will go for Parker.
    Sounds like that's going to be Tony Mowbray by all accounts. 
  • Didn't see the interviews after the weekend game, so wasn't aware that there was an issue with the owners. Makes more sense I guess.
    Asked if this will be the lowest point in their season, Parker said: "At this moment in time, where we currently are, I can see some more to be honest with you."
  • MarcusH26 said:

That explains the lack of signings then. Assume his assets are frozen and he isn't allowed to invest.
  • I know alot on here will think of karma etc. with what happened here, a bit of a shame but probably best now so he doesn't have Bournemouth going down with a wimper on his CV. It was clear he wasn't happy going into the season and the club wont back him in the transfer market so seems the most logical thing to be pushed/ leave now. 
  • I thought his comments after the game Saturday were abysmal, so utterly negative.  One second he was talking about picking up the lads and getting confidence back into them, next he was saying they weren't good enough and demanding transfers.
    He must have forgotten Bournemouth have a ground with 11,000 capacity, they are unlikely to ever compete in the PL for long.  And given they have a Russian owner are unlikely to be throwing multi £m's about and drawing attention to themselves!

Sadly for their fans I can see them timing down the leagues and potentially even going bust when this mini period of unbelievable success ends and the owner losses interest or is sanctioned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nicely set up for him to now take over from Garner......

We all know that we only get promoted with an ex-player in charge 😃
  • The owners didn't like his cardigan.
    Cardiism is rife in football and on this site
    Exactly. I have a fine collection of cardigans and am not ashamed to admit it.
  • There's nothing like having faith in the manager, and that is a clear example of nothing like having faith in the manager. 🤔
  • The owners didn't like his cardigan.
    Cardigans are cool.
  • Bad bad manager, Fulham should have walked the league when he was manager and the scraped through. Bournemouth should have got 2nd easily last season and they nearly blew it. 
    Getting beat 9v0 in a premier league game is a disgrace.  
  • bobmunro said:
    The owners didn't like his cardigan.
    Cardigans were cool in the 1950s.