Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ever been on TV?....

I have twice;

1. Spotted myself in the crowd v's Newcastle 1984 (?).....

2. About 6 years back, there was a series of documentaries on the City, I was caught on camera calling a trader a fooking c***......lol

Comments

• I was interviewed by Ray Gubba for Football Focus over at Welling in the run up to their FA Cup game with Blackburn, 1988 ?

Just had a brace fitted a couple of days before and i sounded like Zippy...

I was also on The 6 o clock news outside Greenwich Town Hall for one of the meetings, interupting a live interview by starting off a 'back to the valley' chant.
  • edited October 2006
    me twice too:

I was on a london tonight years ago in a ballet audition to present flowers to princess diana, also had my pic in the local paper being held in a pose by harold king (artistic director of the london city ballet)

and also was on going live with trev and simon doing the "potfish" sketch. the week that the underwood brothers were on it, and rebeccah elmalogolou. i have sarah greene, gordon t gopher and philip schofield's signed autographs. great.
  • How old was you?....
  • 1) was on MOTD the day we won 4-3 at Villa....close up of me and my 3 mates running on the pitch after Mills' winner !

2) also the Full Members Cup Final v Blackburn.....I was the Mascot and still have the whole game on tape, plenty of close up's of me there, meeting Billy Wright and warming up Bob Bolder in goal before KO.

3) about 10 years ago, was on 'The Real Holiday Show' on Channel 4, hosted by Gaby Roslin...me and 6 mates in Bodrum, Turkey....the slot of all of us on that show ended 5 relationships in the space of 5 minutes !
  • Bless you Sausage...
  • In my musician days i was on TV quite regularly-

Used to do Pebble Mill at One regularly- that will age me!

Great gig- finished work by 11.30am ( pre-record) and great BBC hospitality from then on! Normally resulting on a serious hangover on the train back to London.
  • [cite] Eltham_addick:[/cite]3) about 10 years ago, was on 'The Real Holiday Show' on Channel 4, hosted by Gaby Roslin...me and 6 mates in Bodrum, Turkey....the slot of all of us on that show ended 5 relationships in the space of 5 minutes !

LOL very hard to stick to the 'whats on tour' motto when there is a camera crew around !
  • Been in the audience of "The Wright Stuff" on Channel5. Camera panned round and I was on it. Sunderland V CAFC opening day of last season was celebrating after Bent's goals.
  • AFKA - We weren't even supposed to be on it, just 'tagged along' with a bunch of birds not really realising EXACTLY what was and wasn't being filmed !!
  • Sponsored links:

• I once stewarded a game at the Old Den in 1988 0r 89 (FA Cup game vs Liverpool) and was briefly on TV...
  • Did a few Fanzone Commentaries on Sky

Also was on a Footy quiz for that ITV digital whatever it was.
  • a number of times when I was working at the Dome as a host, and Sky/BBC/ITV were doing there latest hatchet job on us.

Couple of time celebrating in the crowd, best one was at Walsall a couple of years ago
  • me a few times:

1. The Time The Place in 1987 presented by Mike Scott, the topic of debate was Crying. I had a minute long cameo giving my thoughts as a 10 year old schoolboy on why men tend not to publicly express their emotions. The VHS always comes out at Xmas for the embarrassment factor!! On the bright side I got to meet Fred Trueman who was also on the show.

2. Interviewed on Danish TV with Howitzer before Villa away in our relegation season, dressed as nun and priest respectively.

3. Back in the summer of '99, Belgian TV "Die Dag von 100,000 Francs" or something like that. A programme kinda along the lines of Brewster's Millions where the winners have to spend all the money in 24 hours. Anyway these 2 Belgian girls decided to fly over to London first class, champagne breakfast at the dorchester, pick up 2 guys and fly them back to Gent for an all-night music festival.

I was minding my own business in Leicester Square one Saturday afternoon when I got approached by a film crew and these girls asking if i wanted to go to Belgium with them. I didn't have anything planned so i thought yeah why not. they took me home to get my passport and then off we went to Heathrow (they had also picked up a french guy called Alain by this point). The next 16 hours were a bit of a blur but did involve a lot of travelling, partying and booze, even the camera crew and production manager were getting drunk. The girls spent their last Francs at the airport on mine and Frenchie's plane tickets at about 6am, also giving us money to get taxis back into London the other end. Got home late Sunday morning, knackered!

About a month later I received the video in the post. The whole days shooting was edited into a programme about 5 mins long which went plane, drinking, sights of London, guys, plane, drinking, Gent festival, drinking, dancing, drinking, airport". Unfortunately for me they left in the juicy bits which included me playing tonsil tennis with one of the girls, she wasn't the prettiest, as my mates pointed out to me much to their amusement when i showed them the video!!!!

I haven't been on TV since...
  • my better half portrayed with a stunning sense of realism, a schoolgirl in the video of "New Song" by er.. classy 80's crooner Howard Jones

she was also picked to appear in the video of Karma Chameleon (set on a riverboat in New Orleans, filmed in Teddington) but her mum wouldn't let her go
  • that is a great story righthand.

last saturday footbll focus.

top of the pops when dead or alive were no. 1 - see me dancing to Stephen Tin Tin duffy in a fish tail skirt... my mate still has the video.

was also filmed in the ladies toilets at Champs when jools holland and his mate were filming a late friday night show and i cant remember the name of it.
  • cheers curb_it, well done on FF last saturday. how did you get lined up for doing that?
    who was the guy sitting oppo you, he put his views across well (not saying you didnt ; ) )
  • ...the Villa game with righthandbackward as he's already mentioned

Used to see me most games on TV highlights at Selhurst whenever a goal went in at the Holmesdale Rd end as I was more often than not - the ballboy to the left of the goal.
  • Ian. he was excellent wasnt he, i was very impressed considering he hadnt done anything like that before.

vince called me thursday afternoon and he had been asked down there by a mate and needed a few others to come down and as i live local he thought of me.
  • "dressed as nun and priest respectively. "

Is that you two chaps in the picture in Steve Bridges photos?
  • Sponsored links:

• yeah...that's the one....we look a lot older than that now !!!
  • speak for yourself!!! : )
  • I was on Sky Sports for about 3 seconds last week against Fulham - sat in front of Martin O'Neill in the director's box (thanks to mate at the FA who sorted me out with a ticket) and when they showed him my large heeed intruded on the picture.
  • [cite] righthandbackward:[/cite]
    3. Back in the summer of '99, Belgian TV "Die Dag von 100,000 Francs" or something like that. A programme kinda along the lines of Brewster's Millions where the winners have to spend all the money in 24 hours. Anyway these 2 Belgian girls decided to fly over to London first class, champagne breakfast at the dorchester, pick up 2 guys and fly them back to Gent for an all-night music festival.

I was minding my own business in Leicester Square one Saturday afternoon when I got approached by a film crew and these girls asking if i wanted to go to Belgium with them. I didn't have anything planned so i thought yeah why not. they took me home to get my passport and then off we went to Heathrow (they had also picked up a french guy called Alain by this point). The next 16 hours were a bit of a blur but did involve a lot of travelling, partying and booze, even the camera crew and production manager were getting drunk. The girls spent their last Francs at the airport on mine and Frenchie's plane tickets at about 6am, also giving us money to get taxis back into London the other end. Got home late Sunday morning, knackered!

About a month later I received the video in the post. The whole days shooting was edited into a programme about 5 mins long which went plane, drinking, sights of London, guys, plane, drinking, Gent festival, drinking, dancing, drinking, airport". Unfortunately for me they left in the juicy bits which included me playing tonsil tennis with one of the girls, she wasn't the prettiest, as my mates pointed out to me much to their amusement when i showed them the video!!!!

I haven't been on TV since...

Brilliant story mate !
  • [quote][cite] righthandbackward:[/cite]
    2. Interviewed on Danish TV with Howitzer before Villa away in our relegation season, dressed as nun and priest respectively.
    [/quote]

take a bow you two !

http://www.charltonlife.com/gallery/index.php?album=Steve_Bridge&image=savingprayer.jpg
  • Channel 4 sent an undercover reporter into my place of work for a Dipatches programme one or two years ago, I luckily avoided being filmed saying anything that could be taken out of context, but I was wandering around in the background several times.

After all the staff kept saying we thought he was a journalist! agghhhh why didn't you tell me!
  • Pickwick - where do you work? What was the investigation about?
  • [cite] AFKA Bartram:[/cite]
    [cite] righthandbackward:[/cite]

take a bow you two !

http://www.charltonlife.com/gallery/index.php?album=Steve_Bridge&image=savingprayer.jpg

*righthandbackward curtseys*

can i just add i don't make a 'habit' of dressing up as a woman....honest guv!!
  • I was on Going Live (with Gordon the Gopher and Sarah Green.)

My Golf Club got asked to send some kids in cos Nick Faldo was a guest.

Woke up that morning with the biggest spot Ive ever had on my chin and was forced to be in the crowd when Bros played Drop the Boy (never did live that down).

Spent most the time eyeing up Kylie and this redheaded researcher!!!
  • used to be on the opening sequences for bbc news.