Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thai restaurant- Recomendation...

...needed for the Sidcup area....

Cheers in advance..

Comments

• edited October 2006
    ratchada

hmm....don't know any in sidcup, but in lee (by the 2 tigers head pubs) there is ratchada, which is lush
  • Thai Orchid in Dartford

or Jim Thompsons in Chislehurst , both very good
  • Jim Thompsons??????
  • Jim Thompsons is no more, it's now a Zizzi's.

Was always somehwere i fancied going but never got round to it.
  • Jim Thompson was a legendary silk merchant who traded silk between Thailand and Britain.

http://www.jimthompsonhouse.com/
  • looks like there isnt one in sidcup then.

i like the one in blackheath down the little side turning by barclays and my mate was praising the big one in welling the other day but ive not been in there.
  • [cite] Mortain:[/cite]Jim Thompsons is no more, it's now a Zizzi's.

Was always somehwere i fancied going but never got round to it.

Well there you go, it USED to be good
  • The one the other side of the Greenwich foot tunnel is supposed to be very good, Elephant Royal I think it is called. Very nice views of the river and Greenwich.
  • laicram in blackheath village is very good.
  • Elephant Royal is superb - went there for a leaving "do" a while back.
  • Sponsored links:

• you can't go wrong at ratchada - we went for a meal there when my wife was v. pregnant, the lovely Thai lady running it came up to us at the end all soppy about the impending birth

she told us in Thailand there was a way of telling what sex the baby was going to be & asked if we knew which we didn't

she proceeded to run her hands over my wife's bump, whilst muttering in Thai & told us without hesistation - you are going to have a boy

six weeks later we had a girl

her cooking was better than her fortune telling fortunately
  • There's one in Brockley/New Cross, on the other side of Telegraph Hill, near the park... forget the name... near the school where Spotty went... Haberdashers... Not the Sidcup area, but really nice food and atmosphere. Hidden gem. It's on the side of a good pub there... Ahhhhhhh. Forget the name???
  • Don't suppose anyones knows the number for the Thai restaurant in Chislehurst, it's the one in the High Street but not TY. I think it's just called Thai in Chislehurst, it's not listed anywhere. Cheers.
  • The Courtyard Thai Restaurant
    Old Hill,
    Chislehurst, BR7 5LZ

020 84677431
  • Mae Ping in Beckenham is superb. Highly reccomended.
  • lang sen bexleyheath gets my vote

Lang Sen
  • Cheers Falconwood but I don't think it's that one either the one I'm after is actually in Chislehurst High Street, it's driving me mad. Think I might have to drive up there later.

Thanks for your suggestions lads.
  • Kum Luang in Creek Road Greenwich used to be excellent but not been there for a while.
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]The Courtyard Thai Restaurant
    Old Hill,
    Chislehurst, BR7 5LZ

020 84677431

Yes falconwood I agree, this is the best one....built into the courtyard at the rear of The Imperial Arms pub....it's one of those you'd never know it was there unless you know it's there kind of a place.Tucked away out of sight.
    Very small but absolutely dogs bollox food and served by friendly and pleasant female staff.
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Kum Luang in Creek Road Greenwich used to be excellent but not been there for a while.

I love Kum Luang, went the other week and while every other place seemed empty it was absolutely rammo. Lovely food.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is this one in chis oppo chois? Used to be one there called Jim Thompsons but been gone years.