Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Press Release - "Feels Like Team Spirit" Leukaemia Fund Raiser and World Record Attempt

Press Release

‘Feels Like Team Spirit’ for Petts Wood Football Club

March 1st 2012; Petts Wood Football Club’s announces the launch of its “Feels Like Team Spirit” campaign, in support of one of its young players, who has been diagnosed with a rare form of Leukaemia.

The under 15’s player became unwell during a training session and will now endure a gruelling course of treatment for 3 years, some of which is likely to take place in Germany.

His sudden illness has prompted an immediate and poignant reaction from his team mates, manager and the club, who have feel compelled to help in raising funds for his on-going treatment, as well as expressing whole hearted support for Harry and his family as he recovers.

In a public display of support, on Saturday 19th May, Petts Wood Football Club will attempt to break the Guinness World Record for ‘Most Players in a 5 a side Match’, comprising over 700 players over a marathon 26 hours at PWFC’s home ground in Barnet Wood Road, Bromley, Kent.

Feels Like Team Spirit will involve generations of football players, amateurs and professionals, as well as local businesses and organisations, all coming together for a vital cause. It is an example of what ‘grass roots’ football can achieve and will celebrate what the sport is about – the team.

Andy Grave Chairman of Petts Wood Football club comments:
“All of us a PWFC were devastated to learn about this young lad’s illness and the club felt it was very important to show our support and love for him and his family. This is what football at any level does best - it unites and that is what the “Feels Like Team Spirit” campaign is about, as well as raising vital funds for medical treatment”.

In order to make this event as successful as possible we are asking our local businesses and community partners to find their Team Spirit and get involved in any way they can. There are a number of sponsorship opportunities which can be discussed, including sponsorship of football shirts, advertising around the pitch perimeter and programmes.

For further information or if you can offer support through sponsorship or donations please contact Anna Richmond – anna@informare.co.uk

Comments

• I was involved with Petts Wood for many years in the 90's. I can donate printing sevices - programmes etc.
  • Sorry, didn';t spot the last line. Will drop Anna a line.
  • Cheers, I'm sure she will appreciate that. Mention that your a Charlton fan and saw it on Charlton Life via Ben Hayes.
  • Looks like the Charlton Athletic Community Trust will be getting behind this but all other offers of help still very much appreciated.
  • I never did get a reply......
  • I'll inbox you Masicat