Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A day at the races

Just wondering
weather any of you guys have gone kempton (flat) is it any good/wortwhile.

I do watch it on the box and have a few flutters, I have given a few dodgy tip on ere
and have decided to go and watch it live. So thoughts please is it worthwhile?

Comments

• It's a good day out, take your beer money and decide how much you will bet on each race. The sum of those two, should be written off, if you come back with any extra, then you have a result. If you don't, you still will have a great day and you knew how much you were going to spend during the day.

Perhaps, it could be a day out for CLIT?
  • CAFCAdam if you fancy a nice trip to the races I can recommend the summer evening meetings at Lingfield not expensive to get in and always some entertainment afterwards some of it good. Nice little course and a good atmosphere especially on the ladies nights when you get some very tasty totty turning up.
  • A Night at the Opera?
  • Kempton used to be good when it was a turf track but am not convinced by all weather racing, which is primarily what it is used for these days. Folkestone is always a good place to go, straight down the M20 and back in SE London within 45 minutes.
  • Folkestone's a fairly shite racecourse though.
  • Sandown is good, 25 minutes by train from Waterloo, good quality racing and facilities.
  • Newmarket is a good day out in the summer.
  • Glorious Goodwood
  • Windsor night meetings in the summer, boat down the river and back
  • Folkestone's a fairly shite racecourse though.
    Depends what you are after. The standard of racing might not be the best (more League One than Premiership in football terms) but the convenience of getting to and from the place is a big plus for me. There is no pretence or snobbery there either, which you get at some of the supposed more glamour courses.

• Sponsored links:

• Saturday nights at Lingfield is a great night out.If you like to watch national hunt racing Fontwell is a lovely racecourse and you can see everything from the stands.
  • Can't beat a day at the races. Off to Aintree for the National for the first time next month and will also be doing Betfred Gold Cup day at Sandown plus the Derby and hopefully the Tuesday of Royal Ascot
  • Grand National and The Derby are great days but always steer well clear of Royal Ascot!
  • Agree with the other comments on Lingfield. The missus took me there for my birthday, carvery lunch overlooking the winning line was very good value and well looked after.

Nice little course and facilities.
  • Going to Lingfield on Friday for a day on the smash.