Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tyler and Neville

Think they work really well together.

Tyler has always been one of my favourites, but Neville has added a new dimension and taken the baton from Gray with his more recent experiences. I actually enjoy listening to them

Comments

• i like neville as a pundit.

before the game yesterday on monday night football he was talking about teams that need width. was interesting analysis.
  • I agree, think g nev is an outstanding pundit and very good commentator...

He can be quite witty at times too...

He clearly knows his stuff, played at the highest level for almost 20 years, won the premier league, FA cup and leave cup on numerous occasions, and won the champions league...also done all his coaching badges....

His analysis us superb, especially with regards to defending....the analysis of stoke vs man city was really interesting, don't think Hansen, shearer, gray, et al would hace noticed it
  • hated Neville the player but like his punditry and enthusiasm
  • Spot on ooooey.
  • Brilliant player, and a great pundit. The refresh Sky have got out of losing the Gray/Keys stuff has improve their presentation. Neville's advantage is he can talk about the game as someone who's just finished his career, unlike Gray who was living in the past
  • When he played right back during the Venables to Hoddle era, he was key to the most tactically sophisticated England team in my lifetime. Particularly in Hoddle's team, he shifted from right wing back, to full back and covering centre half fluidly in game. Admittedly it was a formation which was becoming passe, but it was key to us competing in midfield and not looking second best against the best in the world. During that era I can't remember us dropping deep and not being able to get out our own half, something that soon after happened for twelve plus long years.

Not surprised by his analysis, was crucial to and part of a tactically sophisticated but all too short period of English football.
  • How can someone that was such a cock as a player be so interesting to listen to as a pundit.

Think he's miles ahead of the shite Gray used to come out with.
  • hated Neville the player but like his punditry and enthusiasm
    My thoughts exactly. And already responsible for a couple of classic commentary moments - the "beautiful sight of Giggs opening his legs up" and the "David Luiz controlled by a 10-year old with a games console". :)

• Great player and great pundit. FO Wilkins !
  • best pundit on television, hands down.
  • Sponsored links:

• he's a great pundit, very knowledgable and actually quite witty, also forms a good double act with Ed Chamberlain who is very good.
  • How can someone that was such a cock as a player be so interesting to listen to as a pundit.

Think he's miles ahead of the shite Gray used to come out with.
    In his younger days I thought he was extremely annoying...but the more you watched him all he was guilty of was being 100% behind United, his teammates and winning, can't really knock that. Can't recall many instances of him cheating or hacking players down, he was solid, reliable & generally played the game the right way with tremendous passion for his club. Attributes that any fan would wish to see in their own players.

• Agree with all the praise he is getting. I actually turn on the programme before kick off now if I know he is doing some analysis. His work on Monday night football is superb and unlike MOTD he doesn't just use little graphics for the sake of using them. Having said that Jamie needs to be shipped off and quickly.
  • And so many of us laughed at his appointment, me included. A breath of fresh air.
  • And so many of us laughed at his appointment, me included. A breath of fresh air.
    Prior to this job every time I saw him he looked like he was struggling to string two sentences together so I was quite surprised to see an intelligent, articulate pundit emerge at Sky.

• keys and gray on talksport is awfull, they just kiss whoever there talking toos arse, for the whole interview, rare occasions its not that bad but they sound so dated now.
  • Didn't like him as a player, but then i don't support Man United.I think if he played for your club you would love his committment!
    I agree he makes a very good pundit, didn't want to like him but i do and Martin Tyler is the best in the business since the late great Brian Moore
  • edited March 2012
    Yeah I have to say I thought Neville would just bang on about Manchester United all the time, but he is an excellent speaker and is genuinely a pleasure to listen to and doesn't just use clichés either. His Brother Phil when I've heard him speak after games seems to have a good grounding too.

• think he would be extremely useful to the England set up at Euro 2012.

Sky dont have the games and there is no other football on, so why not try and use him as a coach/analyst?
  • The ONLY thing I think he needs to work on is sounding like a pundit. The very best pundits are conversational in their approach, but he's still doing that sum-up voice that players are trained to do when a camera is slammed in their faces. It's why I like Wilkins - he sounds like a guy who just wants to tell you something. Even if it is only 'my word'.

• Sponsored links:

• But does he say "UNBELIEEEEEVABLE Jeff!!!!!"
  • I really like Wilkins. Comes across as a true gentleman and often sees the good in players and praises them which I find quite refreshing.

Always liked Tyler, who is miles better than Peter Drury and Jon Champion on ITV (don't get me started on Drury, I'm still annoyed after the Northwich Victoria game)
  • Neville has been a breath of fresh air, Bright, witty and always interesting
  • Neville and Tyler make a good team, had no problem with Neville as a player and he is an excellent and intelligent pundit (unlike some on terrestrial TV).

Gary Neville's book is also a decent read if you like autobiographies.
  • Neville is the best pundit by a mile at the moment. Really up to date insights and a great sense of humour. Tyler has always been one of the best, he has an amazing overall knowledge of the game and obviously loves it
  • Lets be honest he was Englands most consistant player for years and that intelligence on the pitch is now showing itself in other ways. Fair play to Gary Neville he is the best pundit on TV at the moment by a country mile and makes the MOD lot look moribund and ancient
  • Lets be honest he was Englands most consistant player for years and that intelligence on the pitch is now showing itself in other ways. Fair play to Gary Neville he is the best pundit on TV at the moment by a country mile and makes the MOD lot look moribund and ancient

Great word Dave. Last person I heard use that was Alan Partridge!

• I like it a lot it's not American English
  • Gee! Ain't that the truth?

Can I get some more?