Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Never mind Powell - has 'Arry lost it?

Since the end of the trial and the coincidence of the England job falling vacant, Spurs have lost their last three league games and drawn nil-nil with Stevenage in the cup.

It's hard not to conclude that 'Arry and Spurs have been discombobulated (and I'd love to hear HR wrapping his cockney vowels around that word!) by events.

My guess is that it has had a two-fold effect.

1. The players are being thrown by the England talk and the likelihood that he has only ten games left as Tottenham manager.

2. 'Arry 'imself has been thrown not by the England talk but by winding-down after the stress of the trial. My experience over a pretty long life is that it is not too hard to maintain focus when you are under even the most incredible stress; but once that stress is resolved, for good or bad, that's when the internal chemistry tends to collapse.

I'm probably talking Saturday night bollocks as I try not to think about this afternoon's trainwreck at the Valley. But I'd be genuinely interested in the thoughts of others on this!

Comments

• He's over rated. WTF has he ever done? Glad he's been found out before he got the England job.
  • He's over rated. WTF has he ever done? Glad he's been found out before he got the England job.
    So say I.

• My Dad always calls him a "born loser". Not sure why.
  • To be fair he's managing Spurs.

Compared to Christian Gross, he's doing quite well...
  • No disgrace losing to Ars*nal, Utd or Everton. Ok we were poor against the Gooners but battered Utd and Everton but didnt get any luck, simple as that.

We'll be fine.

However, that relies on him playing Bale down the bloody left hand side and not in this free role system which he is employed in now which just doesnt bloody work. He's a winger and needs to be played as one.
  • Tottenham over-achieved for most of the season and the suggestion they were ever title contenders is laughable. The squad was paper-thin and once even one or two key players are out they look ordinary.

As far as Redknapp goes he has been over-rated as a manager for a while now. I don't refute he has done good things with spurs but look at their first team. with those players any manager worth their salt should be guiding them to top four and he should have been doing it for a while. you also have to question how many of those great players redknapp found or discovered.

modric was there before he came, so was dawson, walker, assou-ekotto, bale, lennon. van der vaart harry himself said "the chairman's done a deal" and can be solely attributed to Levy. that leaves you with parker, ade, gallas and friedel. good signings for sure but not much of a stretch to expect something from them.

then you have to look at his record against big teams to. too often against top midfields spurs get overrun and redknapp has no idea how to stop it. arsenal the other week, real madrid at bernabeu, city earlier in seasoon etc etc.
  • edited March 2012
    Hang on a sec before we all rubbish Mr Twitchy , wasn't Spurs bottom of the league when he took over?

Not saying he should / shouldn't be England manager, but he's done alright at Spurs?
  • You can always trust Everton to pull off a result against one of the top clubs. Also Spurs.
  • edited March 2012
    Hang on a sec before we all rubbish Mr Twitchy , wasn't Spurs bottom of the league when he took over?

Not saying he should / shouldn't be England manager, but he's done alright at Spurs?
    Yes after only 8 games with a quality squad. People act like he took relegation fodder like a blackburn or wolves now to the champs league, it's just not true.
  • The bloke is a joke and it looks like his chickens are coming home to roost.
    2 nil up against Arsenal. Their biggest rivals. Most Spuds want nothing else form a season than just doing well against the Gooners. They lost 5-2! That is bad. Man Utd, according to Harry they battered Utd and should have won the game. They didn't. Win it that is, they lost 3-1. Today they lost to Everton and what does he say in a very strange interview on MOTD? We battered them and deserved to win. Then gives the big "what do you reckon?" to the interviewer. Bullying when you've been beaten, nice. They lost, again. 3 games in a row. But don't forget, Spurs are a really good Cup side.
    The man is a fraud, on and off the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Court Trial and a heart operation may mean he is not firing on all cylinders but if he can get them in the top 4 he will have had an excellent season. Top 5 and/ or an FA Cup win a good season.

It's all still there for him.
  • Over the last 5 years Spurs' net transfer spend is the 4th highest in the league, therefore they are currently slightly above where they should be in terms of spending (although Arsenal do look like they will catch them for 3rd). I've always said Harry has done a good job so far there, nothing more nothing less. Spurs fans and the tabloids want to dress it up like he is some sort of messiah, yes he took over when Spurs were towards the bottom of the table but everyone knew that was a false position anyway.
  • It's spurs would be hilarious if arsenal/Chelsea overtook em for 3rd

Who cares
  • 'arry has guaranteed Spurs 4th place. The last person to do that was a certain former Liverpool Manager. And they didn't get 4th either.

Shame.
  • harry=steve mclaren with freinds in the press
  • With a face like kebab