Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

edited September 2022 in Not Sports Related
Right, so i am currently doing shift work, and when i come home i like to unwind by watching an episode of something to chill out before going to bed. Watched Game of Thrones and Homeland recently - anyone got some other good recent series to watch? I'm willing to try most things unless it is along the lines of glee...
Advice most appreciated

Comments

• The Borgias
  • Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad - Two superb US tv shows.
  • The Walking dead
  • Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad Breaking Bad
  • Edge of Darkness is only a 6 part mini series but is one of the best british dramas, well worth a watch
  • Very late on catching on to it, but was given the recommendation of Dexter. Just finished watching season 4 and absolutely loving it..............................................
  • ER
    Have you forgotten what you was going to say? ;-)
  • The Tudors - another brilliant Show
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2012
    ER
    Have you forgotten what you was going to say? ;-)
    very good. cheap laughs ; )
  • i've recently downloaded those two shows to watch over the summer (break from uni), along with breaking bad. havent watched game of thrones or homeland yet, but honestly breaking bad is quality, im absolutely addickted to it
  • Just started watching The Sopranos. I'm up to series 3 already.
    It's the best TV I've ever seen IMO.
  • Second vote for Edge of Darkness.
  • Get OZ. My favourite thing after The Sopranos.

Made by the same people.
  • Breaking Bad may just topple the Wire and teh Sopranos to become my favourite ever show.
  • Braking bad is awesome.... and the one with the eliza wood or whatever his name is and the dog who he does bongs with..
  • Friday Night Lights and Secret History of Our Streets (does that count?)
  • No you loser.
  • How many series of Breaking Bad ? I remember watching it on FX some time ago it suddenly stopped with no sequal to my knowledge?
  • Sponsored links:

• How many series of Breaking Bad ? I remember watching it on FX some time ago it suddenly stopped with no sequal to my knowledge?

Season 5 is being aired at the moment. I'm at the start of season 3 and i'm loving it.

Season 5 is being aired at the moment. I'm at the start of season 3 and i'm loving it.
    Which channel ?
  • Breaking Bad is superb although a little underwhelmed by season 3.
    Oz I could not finish, absolutely brutal show.
    No mention of Dexter? Shame on you all,

Which channel ?
    5USA i think but i'm not totally sure . I have downloaded the seasons.
  • The Killing, Series I and II (the original Danish versions), not the US remake. Absolutely superb. Though like The Wire, you'll end up wanting to watch 2 or 3 at once, so with the shift work not sure how your sleep patterns will be affected!
  • only annoying thing about breaking bad (and yeah i know its stupid) all the characters have ridiculous names
  • edited June 2012
    Elite Tv channel 914 everyday after 10pm has a great series daily and it definitely helps me to relax before I go bed.
  • Breaking Bad is great.

The Wire

Prison Break up to season 3

Ive only recently got into Dexter.. upto season 3 and its great !. OZ was epic, first saw it when Chanel 4 used to show it late at night.. but imo is well worth a download.
    Got upto episode 5, season 3 of breaking bad and lost interest... will hopefully get back on that at some point

Ive only recently got into Dexter.. upto season 3 and its great !. OZ was epic, first saw it when Chanel 4 used to show it late at night.. but imo is well worth a download.
    Got upto episode 5, season 3 of breaking bad and lost interest... will hopefully get back on that at some point
    Dexter season 4 is one of the greatest I've ever seen, absolutely superb.

I'm exactly the same with Breaking Bad, saw the first 2 a few years ago then when I got Netflix I started watching them over again with the good lady, about half way through season 3 now but it is a struggle.