Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) Credit/Debit Cards

came across this and thought it worth passing on:

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/lLAFhTjsQHw&sns=em

Comments

• This is going to revolutionise the Retail industry soon!

Imagine going shopping, and using a 'bag for life' collecting your goods, and then being able to walk to the till and then just paying without having to scan each item.
  • What happens when your RFID don't work at the till and you need to feed your family but got no cash?beware of the cashless society agenda...
  • my son has his card cloned recently, Bank did not want to know until he eventually proved it had been cloned.

He was lucky as the guy was caught on cctv, others may not be so!
  • plumpo said:

What happens when your RFID don't work at the till and you need to feed your family but got no cash?beware of the cashless society agenda...

erm, the same that would happen if you had got all your items scanned manually at the check out and didn't have a card/cheque book with you? not really RFID relevant?
  • I think plumpo is right to be wary of the cashless society. Anyone remember the good old days when you got paid in cash. Then, one by one, just about every employer on the planet (except the tax fraudsters) started introducing payment by bacs only. At first there were sweeteners to encourage people, then it was just made a rule; you want to be paid, you have to have a bank account. Now the banks want to charge us for the privilege of using our money. I don't like it and I don't trust 'em. It's just another way of the privileged few milking dry the masses.
  • Freedom for Tooting!
  • Stig said:

I think plumpo is right to be wary of the cashless society. Anyone remember the good old days when you got paid in cash. Then, one by one, just about every employer on the planet (except the tax fraudsters) started introducing payment by bacs only. At first there were sweeteners to encourage people, then it was just made a rule; you want to be paid, you have to have a bank account. Now the banks want to charge us for the privilege of using our money. I don't like it and I don't trust 'em. It's just another way of the privileged few milking dry the masses.

Spot on. Only getting worse as well. Disenfranchising massive swathes of society. You can see the same bullshit being pulled on the poor with pay meters for gas, electric and water. Highest tariffs for those least able to pay or complain about it.
  • There are still plenty of bank accounts where you don't pay any charges unless you overdraw.
  • There are fundamental issues with a cashless society... You have no alternative, if for whatever reason (political dissident for example) they just turn your chip off ... Boom your screwed...
  • Unfortunately most of the population believe rfids and all the ramifications that come with it are great thanks to the mainstream media.sleepwalking into oblivion methinks.the agenda is in place and will be followed,leading to imo,a microchipped population