Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ricky Gervais - fame

got tickets for this at hammersmith apollo,

anyone been? any good?

also any one know the best way to get to the apoolo from liverpool st/fenchuch st area?

cheers

Comments

• i'm going to it next wednesday, i went and saw politics live and it was brilliant.

not heard too many "excellent" reviews of this one yet!
  • A friend of mine went and reckons it was really good. Very close to the mark by all accounts.

I'm off to see Al Murray tonight in a warm up for his shows, can't wait.
  • Hammersmith and city line. All the way
  • [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]Hammersmith and city line. All the way

cheers stanmore
  • edited September 2007
    I've been, it was good yeah. He's very funny but also very scripted, there's no interaction with the audience really which is something I enjoy about Live comedy. The improvisation stuff (even if there's plants the interaction is good). The Apollo itself was very hot and I was very tired and found myself getting quite restless in there towards the last 20 minutes. Was it worth the ticket price? Probably not, a very enjoyable evening, but I think i'll stick to the Comedy Store and Up The Creek for Live comedy in the future. Plus his mate Robin something or other who warmed up was awful!
  • went last night, thought it was excellent very close to the mark a few times but had me pissing myself all the way through.

also see what you mean about the support guy robin, was ok but found myself getting bored with him.
  • my turn tonight - my critique may or may not be up here tomorrow.
  • Oh how i laughed.

Pretty much agree with everything r&c has said, some things were very close to the mark.

If i started a thread on Ricky's first 15 minutes i reckon it would:

1.) Sunk by the magic AFKA sinking stick
    or
    b.) cause an uproar from the PC crew. ;-)

All being said he was hilarious - i loved the Dawn French bashing especially.
  • All being said he was hilarious - i loved the Dawn French bashing especially.[/quote]

ha ha if she was up there it would spell roy
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]b.) cause an uproar from the PC crew. ;-)

Mac users can be quite touchy too.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]b.) cause an uproar from the PC crew. ;-)

Mac users can be quite touchy too.

no we cant you melt ;-)