Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paolo Di Canio's salary at Swindon Town

Reported on Sunday Supplement that he was on 450K PA at Swindon - in LEAGUE ONE!!!

Apparently he left because he wanted a pay rise!!!

Not sure if the story is true, but it seems too outlandish to have come from nowhere and they also confirmed Parky on 50K PA at Bradford.

Unbelievable if Swindon paying that, no wonder they went bust!

Comments

• Heard that Parky has a 1k bonus for every extra point they get over a certain amount, 50 something.
  • cafctom said:

Heard that Parky has a 1k bonus for every extra point they get over a certain amount, 50 something.

Yes, I think that's right - they currently have 44pts so he's not earnt anything yet!

They look like ending up with about 60pts so he'll end up with 10K in bonuses.
  • cafctom said:

Heard that Parky has a 1k bonus for every extra point they get over a certain amount, 50 something.

Yes, I think that's right - they currently have 44pts so he's not earnt anything yet!

Still earning 60k ain't to be sniffed at , I'm sure most on here would love that.
  • buckshee said:

cafctom said:

Still earning 60k ain't to be sniffed at , I'm sure most on here would love that.
    I wouldn't get out of bed for less than 150K......:)

No, you're right, they wouldn't, but then again if they were they probably wouldn't get sacked on the spot for losing a home game to Walsall or whomever.
  • And they wouldn't get the contract paid up in full if they did ormy

Most who get sacked do so with no recompense for doing a shit job
  • And they wouldn't get the contract paid up in full if they did ormy

Most who get sacked do so with no recompense for doing a shit job

Sadly that did not include Alan 'Have You Seen My New Loanee" Pardew who walked away with 1 million quid after taking us from the Premiership to - effectively - League One.

Thanks so much Al!
  • Exacting point I have a bad head so didn't put In there that most in normal non football jobs get sacked without recompense for being shite

Where as football mgrs get paid in full for poor performance
  • what is the wage for a League 1 manager then ?
  • And what is CP on, anyone know? I think the Parky type arrangement seems sensible, with basic salary linked to "reasonable expectations" and then bonuses for performance over and above that. I guess the issue is that when a club really wants a certain manager that would be difficult to negotiate.
  • edited February 2013

what is the wage for a League 1 manager then ?

Well Di Canio's works out at £8650/week. Most I think would be on less than a third of that, whilst a fair few Championship managers couldn't match it (including Chris Powell I'd imagine).

• Sponsored links:

• what is the wage for a League 1 manager then ?

Hard to say, but smaller clubs like Tranmere would struggle to pay more than about 60k odd, don't forget there are PLENTY of out of work managers who would take the job.

Obviously the likes of Wednesday and the Blades would pay a lot more, well over 100k.

Back in 1995 John Sitton was on 14k per year as Orient boss! Mind you, he did lose about 36k in the swear jar.

• Reported on Sunday Supplement that he was on 450K PA at Swindon - in LEAGUE ONE!!!

Not sure if the story is true, but it seems too outlandish to have come from nowhere and they also confirmed Parky on 50K PA at Bradford.

I thought he left because of a row over new signings?

However if he was on that salary, no wonder he could afford to offer to pay a couple of loanees out of his own pocket.
  • Reported on Sunday Supplement that he was on 450K PA at Swindon - in LEAGUE ONE!!!

However if he was on that salary, no wonder he could afford to offer to pay a couple of loanees out of his own pocket.
    The journos said he wanted a pay rise, seems unlikely but that's what they said.
  • easy way to get out the Job he does not want --bet he and the backroom staff have another agenda...the Pay rise a good get out..

Birmingham will be looking for a new manager soon so will Sheff Wed and maybe Wolves --he is a maid in waiting .....he is another Mourinniho its all about him
  • I like him, wouldn't mind him as our manager one day if things went pear shaped with Powell.

However he'd definitely have to change his approach. Telling league one and two players they're sh*t, need to do this and that, and publicly slagging them off is one thing, but not sure he'd get away with it so much in the championship or if he took over West ham.
  • I heard that Owen Coyle turned down the Blackpool job because he was only offered £4000 a week.
  • I heard that Owen Coyle turned down the Blackpool job because he was only offered £4000 a week.

Wouldn't surprise me. Think they offered Robbie Fowler something like £95 per week last Summer.
  • I am not going to disclose where I got this from but SCP was on £200k when he first joined us which was to be upped to £250k if he got us promoted. This was obviously a couple of years ago so may have since changed.

I personally think it is hard to criticise players/managers for what they are paid because obviously there is a market place at work and every man in any industry will fight for every penny he could get somewhere else. That said I dont deny that it seems a little wrong when people like Pardew make so much out of failure.

If the Swindown board were willing to pay 450k then I imagine they are probably paying their players substantial amounts too which ties in with all the stories about the mess that the club is in.
  • edited February 2013
    cafctom said:

I heard that Owen Coyle turned down the Blackpool job because he was only offered £4000 a week.

Wouldn't surprise me. Think they offered Robbie Fowler something like £95 per week last Summer.
    Think they pay all the players that type of wage during the close season.
  • edited February 2013
  • Sponsored links:

Yeah, all of a sudden that doesn't see like such an amazingly charitable move haha
  • I saw Parky's contract when he was at Charlton - not the first one but the new one they gave him.
  • I heard Parky was on £250k a yaer with us. So paying off the last half season that was left on his contract would have cost just under £125k.