Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

In today's Sun...

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
Kelvin really lays into Tangoman....

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]Kelvin really lays into Tangoman....

Don't be a tease. Tell us what he said and don't say "I can't be arsed"
  • Basically blamed Jordan for inciting the incident at Sydenham..
  • cheers. Not sure if I would blame Jordan entirely but he certainly didn't help things.
  • It reads as though Palace have some kind of super firm and we're the mugs....;-)
  • its a pretty shocking article.

Big focus on an 11yr old kid having his nose broken, which i don't think is true. It ends with:

'So i hope you are proud of yourself this morning, Mr Jordan. A child with a broken nose, terrified families on an innocent day out - and all because you couldn't keep you big gob shut.

Also describes him as an orange-u-tan
  • Sounds like Kelvin wants to draw the flak onto him, and have a public ruck with Jordan
  • edited September 2007
    this is gonna run and run. Jordan's bound to sue... McKenzie of course is spot on no chairman in football should be allowed to get away with some of the shit Jordan has been spouting.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]its a pretty shocking article.

Big focus on an 11yr old kid having his nose broken, which i don't think is true. It ends with:

'So i hope you are proud of yourself this morning, Mr Jordan. A child with a broken nose, terrified families on an innocent day out - and all because you couldn't keep you big gob shut.

Also describes him as an orange-u-tan

I'm pretty sure someone did get their nose broken though I'm not so sure it was the 11 year old.

Shocking in what way?
  • Amateurish, sensationalist etc, and possibly inaccurate. I'll type it up
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Also describes him as an orange-u-tan

ha ha ha
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Amateurish, sensationalist etc, and possibly inaccurate. I'll type it up[/quote]

Who cares?...its anti-Jordan, so will do for me.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Amateurish, sensationalist etc, and possibly inaccurate. I'll type it up

C'mon this is Kelvin we're talking about
  • edited September 2007
    Page 11 of Today's Sun:

Thanks to the Chief Executive of Charlton, Peter Varney, I have learned of a shocking ambush of law-abiding fans by a gang of thugs from Crystal Palace.

The Charlton fans – mainly families – we’re making their way to the ground by train from London Bridge to Norwood Junction when the train stopped at Sydenham.

About 25 louts boarded the train and began attacking Charlton fans immediately.
    One 11-year old supporter had his nose broken, another boy was punched in the face, while other families were kicked and bottles were thrown at anyone wearing a red shirt.

Fortunately there is clear CCTV footage, and with a bit of luck these cowards will face serious charges including causing an affray, GBH or ABH.

However, why did it happen at all ?

There has always been fierce rivalry between the two clubs – Charlton put them down from the Premiership a couple of years back – but there has never been this kind of violence.

The answer must lie in the orange-u-tan Simon Jordan, who is the current owner of Crystal Palace.

Jordan has been consistently attacking the Charlton fans, rederring to them as imbeciles and morons.

This, of course, leads to the violent element of a football club – and every club has one – believing they have been given the go-ahead from the boardroom to physically attack the rivals.

So i hope you are proud of yourself this morning, Mr Jordan. A child with a broken nose, terrified families on an innocent day out - and all because you couldn't keep you big gob shut.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Amateurish, sensationalist etc, and possibly inaccurate. I'll type it up

C'mon this is Kelvin we're talking about

And the Sun.
  • oh kelvin - you will get in trouble
  • I think Kelvin might be trying to raise his profile a bit here!

(And much as I love anti-Jordan rhetoric, he's sounding a bit stupid in the process).
  • got a lot of respect for the job Reg does, but i think he's made a couple of errors in relation to this. Firstly, the statement that there would 'no doubt be vitreol coming from Jordan in the run up to the game' etc. When it didn't happen, we looked a bit silly.

And secondly, allowing his name to be put against this. Let a ex-Millwall journo have a spat with Jordan by all means, but make sure your name stays out of it.

As an aside, i'm 99% convinced Mr McKenzie and his good lady were in the seats directly behind me that game.
  • yes he will.

anyway im sure this incident is mainly to blame.

croydon trouble
  • to be honest i hope the mugs that did this on the train get caught asap,maybe this will speed things up!the guilty ones who read todays paper i bet are cacking it! good the scum
  • Sponsored links:

• How much did Reg know about Kelvin writing this piece? probably very little
  • Nothing to do with us being generally better than them and berating them for getting relegated at our gaff i suppose Kelvin?
  • pinched this off a Palace site. Made me laugh

'
    That angers me so much. Apparently next week mckenzie is writing his view of the day out. heres a sneak peak.

"Charlton fans were on their way to the ground after serving in a soup kitchen all morning and helping the underprivilidged. The peace loving Charlton fans - who had all given their seats up to women, children and the elderly got the train singing happy songs such as "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands" and "Combiah"

When the train stopped the Charlton fans let some Crystal Palace fans onboard whilst wishing them a great game of football and commenting on a very friendly rivalry. Then these horrid palace fans started throwing bottles and punches at anyone in the immediate vacinity. A baby who was in a pram was wheeled along the train before being drop kicked by the Brutish Palace fans. When the Charlton fans intervened offering them the hand of friendship, the thuggish fans from Selhurst directed their anger towards a 94 year old woman, casually kicking in her Zimmerframe and stealing her purse.

Whilst all this was going on, the polite and gentile Charlton fans prayed to the lord above that he wouldn't come down too hard on the Crystal Palace fans as they were just mis-understood and just needed the hand of friendship.

Once this was over the Charlton fans got off the train, brushed themselves down and walked to the ground, each and everyone of them doing various good deeds along the way such as helping the elderly accross the road, donating money to the vagrants milling the streets of Norwood and even pulling a family out of a housefire.

In the ground, whilst directing no anger or malice to the Crystal Palace fans or Simon Jordan, the Charlton fans gracefully celebrated their win, before walking back to the station shaking the hands and wishing a good season to the dejected home fans.

Safely and securely back on the train the Charlton fans would be home in time for an early night, for they had more fund raising and charity work to do in the morning.
  • yes funny i must admit,however they can jazz it up any way they want!Fact is they are cowards!
  • Amusing I agree, but isnt this just them again trying to lay the blame for their behaviour at our door by implying that there were two sides to the story
  • B,

The link you put on above really had nothing to do with football.

A few lads from SE7 went to a nightclub and at the end of the night were set upon and what happened was self-defence!!
    I don't think you can blame this incerdent.

At the end of the day and what pi$$es me off is there were maybe 10-15 Charlton on the train before the one that got attacked and belive me you not have been seeing the reports that are being writen now!!

Cowards
  • edited September 2007
    not all charlton fans are angels, far from it, same with palace, the majority are normal football fans.
    attacking normal fans, and some of their own on a train for no reason, isn't clever.
  • edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]B,

The link you put on above really had nothing to do with football.

A few lads from SE7 went to a nightclub and at the end of the night were set upon and what happened was self-defence!!
    I don't think you can blame this incerdent.

At the end of the day and what pi$$es me off is there were maybe 10-15 Charlton on the train before the one that got attacked and belive me you not have been seeing the reports that are being writen now!!

Cowards

course it does. some people will lash out at anyone when their mate has been badly hurt and they want to seek revenge, albeit on kids!

I heard the guy who was in the coma was arrested when he came round as allegedly the whole thing had been prearranged between the two sets.
  • Sooz

I agree my point is if they had been 15mins earlier they would not have been punching an 11 year old boy and attacking old men!

People can call people what they like but if it had been our train they attacked and we gave just as good as they gave would that make the group I was with hooligans?
  • not at all fella