Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Woodside Celtic....Hiilsy's/GHE

How you boys been doing this season, not sure if you were aware but my old side folded up on Sunday, was always gonna happen when our ground was sold and we had to move from our spiritual home of 16 years....

Sad day, but wasn't much point in carrying on as we'd gone from having 2 full teams last season, down to 1 at the start of the season and then barely being able to get 7/8 players each week to turn out. They had been playing down at FKG in Lee Green, quite a nice little club actually......and the barmaids certainly make it worth a visit on a sunday lunchtime !!

Comments

• The mighty Albany Rangers are top of the league, having not dropped a point yet, and Red ArmySE7 is doing a much better job wearing luminous boots up front than Izale McCleod !!
  • Eltham, my lot have a friendly this sunday at Beaverwood, and my centre half is on holiday.

Fancy a game ?
  • All this Rangers/Celtic talk will get you banned...;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]How you boys been doing this season, not sure if you were aware but my old side folded up on Sunday, was always gonna happen when our ground was sold and we had to move from our spiritual home of 16 years....

Sad day, but wasn't much point in carrying on as we'd gone from having 2 full teams last season, down to 1 at the start of the season and then barely being able to get 7/8 players each week to turn out. They had been playing down at FKG in Lee Green, quite a nice little club actually......and the barmaids certainly make it worth a visit on a sunday lunchtime !!

It's a tough league...Played 4 drawn 1 lost 3.

Poly still have the "A" side going don't they? can't you get in with them and have a game.

We have won a cup game though.

[cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Eltham, my lot have a friendly this sunday at Beaverwood, and my centre half is on holiday.

Fancy a game ?

AFKA, look back through the threads that I posted. Eltham is on my books already!! No poaching
  • yeah it's a pretty decent league, we won it a few times but there are some good sides.

who you played so far ?

Yeah I could easily get a game with them but the 'A' side folded last sunday, just can't get the players now, creatures of habit all of them and since we lost our old ground at the end of last season most of them have drifted off....I've been down and watched them a couple of times but haven't played all season, most of the time on a sunday I spend with my daughter now.
  • can't believe that!! Poly have been going for years....any of their lot you know who still fancy playing? I could do with 3/4 more faces.
  • I know mate, I've been playing for them since I was 16/17, we used to be called Eltham Boys and then Fox Alliance before being sponsored/taking over by the Poly.

Most people lost interest when we lost our ground and it's a shame cause it was a great club (mostly made by having an excellent ground/bar to use !!!).

Haven't seen alot of them for a while and not sure what any of them are doing, I know there's still a few that wanna play so I'll see if I can find anything out.

I'll still keep an eye out for that league seeing as I've been playing against most of them for the past decade !!, will try and pop along to one of your games.
  • [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]I know mate, I've been playing for them since I was 16/17, we used to be called Eltham Boys and then Fox Alliance before being sponsored/taking over by the Poly.

Most people lost interest when we lost our ground and it's a shame cause it was a great club (mostly made by having an excellent ground/bar to use !!!).

Haven't seen alot of them for a while and not sure what any of them are doing, I know there's still a few that wanna play so I'll see if I can find anything out.

I'll still keep an eye out for that league seeing as I've been playing against most of them for the past decade !!, will try and pop along to one of your games.

and bring your boots mate !!!!!!!!!