Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Campaign against hoopy socks

AKA the "I've got too much time on my hands and it too horrible out to walk the dog" thread. But a pet hate of mine. Hooped socks. Hate the things. Make the players look so clumsy. Watching Chelsea v Stoke. Stoke kit looks so much better with the plain red socks than their usual hoops. Chelsea look ridiculous - can't even get two pairs to match. Sone look like one hoop some look half and half white/blue. Hated our socks last year with the big white bit on the top. Ban em I say!!!!!!

There. I've got it off my chest. Cup of tea and a lie down. It's the excitement if the cup draw to come.

Comments

• And hoopey football tops!
  • At least snoods are a thing of the past - that was the worst football fashion ever.
  • weirdly I loved our kit a few seasons ago with hooped red and white socks, with Bent tearing the Prem a new one, brings back happy memories
  • Really used to like playing in 'hooped' socks kit
  • I like them if they are proper hoops, like the ones that Sam mentions, the half arsed ones Chelsea have on are a bit crap.
  • I like them if they are proper hoops, like the ones that Sam mentions, the half arsed ones Chelsea have on are a bit crap.

Have you forgotten u r meant to be at the airport mate :)
  • Proper old school kit, love 'em.
  • Did our socks in the 47 cup final have hoops?
  • BIG_ROB said:

And hoopey football tops!

Yes: I have "flagged" you:
    QPR have always, in my life time, had hoops.
    You bloody french, think you can tell us London-ers what to wear.....

• Hooped socks look like rugby league in the Eddie Waring era. Nostalgic, but not good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rather have a campaign against coloured boots!

• Like hooped sock for us.
    BIG_ROB said:

And hoopey football tops!

No particular problem with hooped tops, just dislike green and grey ones.

• Hooped socks = Good times

• Hooped shirts = good times
  • I've always liked our hoops. It seems to me we started on the downward slope when we changed and look where we are now. Bring 'em back, I say!!
  • Hoopoe = good times
  • i like them myself!
  • Hooped socks look like rugby league in the Eddie Waring era. Nostalgic, but not good.

I agree I hated the old hooped socks that I think we started to wear straight after WW2 .As a kid I was delighted when we changed to a red sock with a white top this was around 1957-8 .At the time a lot of clubs were starting to wear smart continental kits with V necks & white socks etc . My favorite Charlton sock is red with 2 or 3 white narrow rings on the turnover.
  • edited January 2014
    I wonder why you don't get hooped shorts. I think hooped shirts and socks should be confined to rugby.
  • edited January 2014
    Scotland had an international kit in the eighties with White shorts with a big blue hoop right round them. Looked hilarious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scotland had an international kit in the eighties with White shorts with a big blue hoop right round them. Looked hilarious.

You're quite right. I'd forgotten about those.
  • Scotland had an international kit in the eighties with White shorts with a big blue hoop right round them. Looked hilarious.

They wore those in the 1986 World Cup in Mexico, looked ridiculous, especially on moustachioed tough guys like Souness.
  • Was anybody brave enough to wear this kit.
  • I like these...
    lll.png 970.3K