Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Glasgow

Went there last weekend with WellingAddick to see Celtic v St Mirren. (sorry dft).

What a nice place. Not what I expected at all. Scottish people very friendly, thought we'd at least get a few who weren't so welcoming to our English accents but none. Read an article that said Glasgow was the top place for fashion in the UK and didn't believe it, but the amount of good shops there is unbelievable. Very clean place, too. No cigarette butts on the floor as there's bins every 10 metres with ash trays on top, which are always stuffed full with fag ends. Drinking in the classier places the beer is still cheaper then london prices as well.

Strangest thing about the Celtic game was finding out that they don't do beer. I assume this is a rule for Scottish football. Strange that. We were sat up the front and it started to snow, being the intelligent man I am, I was wearing my converse with holes in. Couldn't feel my feet. Don't think I've ever been so cold.

All in all a good weekend. Would recommend to anyone who hasn't been. £50 return flight. Not sure how much the travelodge was because WA footed the bill. Good times.

Anyone else been?

Comments

• Been to Ibrox on several occasions...Next time you go to see Celtic wear something with a St George's cross or UJ on it and see if you get out of there without getting a smack...
  • [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]Been to Ibrox on several occasions...Next time you go to see Celtic wear something with a St George's cross or UJ on it and see if you get out of there without getting a smack...

BORING
  • I'm up there now!

My work head office is based up here so i'm up allot.

you're right, it is a nice place, good bars and good shops.

It feels warmer up here than it did in london yesterday too!
  • it is a nice city just too many jocks there though lol
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]it is a nice city just too many jocks there though lol

Been a few times. Good city and very compact. Is the Ubiquitous Chip still open?

£50 is good value. May do another weekend there or go up to see Celtic in the last 16 of the Champions League.
  • It's mental how hard it is to understand a thick scottish accent as well. Celtic Park is impressive. Weren't much of an atmosphere for the St Mirren game but being a Charlton fan who am I to judge.

WA wants to go back for his 21st. Didn't really see any clubs we felt like venturing in to though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]it is a nice city just too many jocks there though lol

Been a few times. Good city and very compact. Is the Ubiquitous Chip still open?

£50 is good value. May do another weekend there or go up to see Celtic in the last 16 of the Champions League.

I might pop up and see Rangers in the last 16.....oops...hang-on...
  • [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]it is a nice city just too many jocks there though lol

I might pop up and see Rangers in the last 16.....oops...hang-on...

LOL
  • I took Les up there a couple of years ago to see celtic v hearts, managed to get the tickets the night before for free of a season ticket holder friend. loved it, atmosphere wasn't as good as i thought it would be, celtic went 1 nil down early on so that might have had something to do with it. it was 1-1 final score though.

loved glasgow itself, got on the bus tour thing, and had anight out at the barrowlands too.
  • Sponsored links:

• They was probably more friendly because of WA's Irish roots! LOL
  • Been up there hundreds of times, mainly to see Celtic and of course, the mighty Albion Rovers.

A night-out in the West End is cracking. As are the women.. . .

Best Weekend away in UK easily.

People are fantastic too.
  • Yeah there was loads of stunnin birds down there. Quite a few asian girls with Scottish accents too who were hot stuff.

To clarify on WA's irish roots... All the time we were on the plane he was like "yeah it's alright we'll just find an irish pub". And when we got there he kept saying "we need to find an irish pub". And then when we found one he was on the phone to his dad like "yeah it's well good we found a nice irish pub". Then I asked him why he liked Celtic and hated Rangers and he said it was because Celtic had irish links.

So after all that I just looked him in the eye and said "but prize... you're not even irish are you?" and he didn't really react so I said it again. "Prize... You're not irish". And he started to look sad so I said it again. "sorry mate, you're not irish though are you?" and he burst into tears
  • WellingAddick doesn't even exsist does he?
  • poxy celtic, the queens 11 please.
  • I've never been to Scotland, I'll see if my travel agent recommends it...

MCS?
  • well sco, your better orf in glasgee than paree or egypt i'll tell thee that! But if you wanna break, go to Bognor!
  • CharltonLife weekend in Glasgow, anyone? I'll happily help organise...seeing as I live here! Lovely to hear such positive reports...

Henry, yes, UB Chip is still open and still an institution.

And by the way, SE10, aren't we meant to be meeting for a coffee one of these times you're up here? :-)
  • I'll invite the guys from Charltonloyal...should be fun..