Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
At this rate they could be above us by the time we play them...

Comments

• they are as far from coventry in 16th as they are to us... they're on a good run but they won't keep it up, meanwhile we've got to turn leicester, colchester and blackpool into big points earners
  • Let's just focus on our own games - and leave Palace to worry about catching us.
  • Bring em on, will make it all the more enjoyable spanking them if they come with a bit of expectation
  • I wouldn't lose sleep about them just yet. As AFKA said, they came to the Valley in 2005 with expectation and we sent them home crying and we are capable of doing the same again.
  • Playoff final 2008 - Charlton Athletic v Crystal Palace

Could it happen??
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Let's just focus on our own games - and leave Palace to worry about catching us.[/quote]

Good call
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Let's just focus on our own games - and leave Palace to worry about catching us.

We are not worried about catching Charlton.
  • edited December 2007
    Oh Really?

I think SOS speak with forked tounge :)
  • [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]Oh Really?

I think SOS speak with forked tounge :)

I'd only need to worry about it, if I thought it was not going to happen. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Palace are on a great run, no doubt about it. But I can't recall them beating any of the top sides. Have they?
  • WSSWSS
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Palace are on a great run, no doubt about it. But I can't recall them beating any of the top sides. Have they?

Scunthorpe United CCC (A) 0 - 0
    Cardiff City CCC (A) 1 - 1
    Queens Park Rangers CCC (H) 1 - 1
    Colchester United CCC (A) 2 - 1
    Preston North End CCC (H) 2 - 1
    West Bromwich Albion CCC (H) 1 - 1
    Queens Park Rangers CCC (A) 2 - 1
    Barnsley CCC (A) 0 - 0
    Sheffield Wednesday CCC (H) 2 - 1
    Plymouth Argyle CCC (H) 2 - 1
    Coventry City CCC (A) 2 - 0

Give them credit. 23 out of 33 points there.

Our results against the same teams (not taking into H or A factors and the fact we have only played QPR once we have) 13 points out of 30.
  • i have got a really funny feeling were gonna get them in the playoffs, would be a fuckin nightmare to be truly honest if it did happen!
  • gawd, can you imagine oohaah's 'they've sold more tickets than us' threads !!! :-)
  • we would sell out no problem at a playoff final,palace never sold out in the semi final at villa when they played liverpool.
  • So thats it then.

We celebrate the 10 year anniversary of our greatest ever game by beating Palace in the same competition. ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]we would sell out no problem at a playoff final,palace never sold out in the semi final at villa when they played liverpool.

and we didn't sell out wembley v sunderland play off final
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]we would sell out no problem at a playoff final,palace never sold out in the semi final at villa when they played liverpool.

You sure??
  • yes we did!!!Sunderland just had a higher allocation than us!Even if we didnt, those empty seats didnt effect super clives game did it
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]we would sell out no problem at a playoff final,palace never sold out in the semi final at villa when they played liverpool.

Since then we have sold out on both wembley play-off final's and we also sold out for our play-off final at Cardiff, so I feel your point is no longer valid.

If we did meet in the play-offs be it semi-final or final, I'm certain both clubs would sell out.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

That's complete tosh!
  • we sold out at wembley and was i think the biggest playoff final crowd ever,i think both would sell out yes,but the problem would be we would drink in all the pubs round wembley where you lot would have to settle for taking mcdonalds or a wimpy house.
  • sorry not the mcdonalds near the ground more the ones near charing cross!
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]we sold out at wembley and was i think the biggest playoff final crowd ever,i think both would sell out yes,but the problem would be we would drink in all the pubs round wembley where you lot would have to settle for taking mcdonalds or a wimpy house.

I'm gutted at the thought of losing out on those great pubs round wembley........ you can have them. We would all be around victoria and baker street.
  • no sadly you wont be drinking in them try penge!
  • edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]we sold out at wembley and was i think the biggest playoff final crowd ever,i think both would sell out yes,but the problem would be we would drink in all the pubs round wembley where you lot would have to settle for taking mcdonalds or a wimpy house.

I'm gutted at the thought of losing out on those great pubs round wembley........ you can have them. We would all be around victoria and baker street.

I never realised there were many gay pubs in victoria and baker street - but then I guess you lot would know better than me Nige.
  • vauxhall will be pure palace
  • WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THOSE PALACE MUGS?
  • i really don't think we did sell out wembley because i'm certain the ground was not completely full at our end but maybe if i put my red and white tinted glasses on and look again it was full in our end ;-)