Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Christmas Lights

I went past a house the other night in Eltham on the way back from the gym!I couldn't believe the amount of Christmas lights on this house and it was only the 21st of Nov!i just think people should wait until early December!PS Xmas lights being switched on in Eltham High Street tonight!i cant wait!

Comments

• it had a snowman and a father christmas with a sleigh i think, all adorning the front of the house. like something out of home alone ... madness. would hate to see his electricity bill come january.
  • There is a house in Broad walk (not The Welcome inn end, the other end) and i have never seen anything like it! So many it must of taken all weekend to get em workin!
  • The ones in Sittingbourne went up a couple of weeks ago.... Madness.
  • These houses were a novelty at first, but now they are just Chav.

If anyone in our street does it I will be putting my saw through a few cables.
  • I think Christmas should be banned...think of all the non-Christians it offends.... ;-)
  • There's a house in Hayes Lane, Bromley that has a grotto and lights every year. People take their kids to see it and it causes traffic jams. At least they have a charity collection box.
  • edited November 2006
    "At least they have a charity collection box. "

I hope their chosen charity is something environmental!
  • There's two houses in Maidstone Road near Ruxley who seem to have a yearly competition......it like something out of National Lampoons X-mas Vacation...
  • The whole of Green Lane (Chislehurst side of 5 ways) always have cartloads of chav lights.......

Unsurprisingly the same houses had Millwall flags out when they got the cup final!!
  • [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]The whole of Green Lane (Chislehurst side of 5 ways) always have cartloads of chav lights.......

Unsurprisingly the same houses had Millwall flags out when they got the cup final!!
    Yep i saw them flags to
  • Sponsored links:

• All seems a waste of time switching off my TV/DVD/Video/PC standby plugs to save the world when there are so many Santa's grottos about. Please remember....... the World is not just for Christmas......or something like that?
  • The Eastcombe Avenue House which is covered in lights are building up to something special this year I reckon. The most amazing thing about this place is the rear of the house (viewed fromA2) is as covered in lights as the front! Only a prtial switch on so far this year but you can see the work put in...
  • edited November 2006
    there is a place in lee just off manor lane-dallinger road i think,this house takes some beating.again they do it for charity and invite you to walk through the front garden and to gawk through their front room which is also done out to the max,i don't think they use this room through christmas so you won't be able to catch them picking their noses.

i didn't realise the eastcombe house did the back too!
  • Henry, Will Be 3 Doors Up From The Congestion in Hayes Lane Over Christmas,Well Over The Top, Even Makes The News, Big Competition. Best Bit Is The Classic U.S. Car In The Drive,Pure Fantasy Great For The kids, Walk Down On Christmas Day And IT'S Sardines!
  • So who's taken the opportunity to put up their lights today given the "better" weather this afternoon?