Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Capello - Respect, WAGS etc

I've only heard some of the reports of the regime that he is introducing:

1. Calling players surnames only
2. No WAGS around
3. No Playstations etc

To name but a few.

It appears that he's going to pick players who are on form and make players earn the right to play.

When I heard this I just thought "Hoo-f*cking ray!!! It's about bloody time this was sorted. OK we can argue about the individual do's and don't but the last few years, under Sven, and then that c*nt Mclaren have just been a joke. All that Stevie G, and Becks and Lamps b*llocks made me puke. If Cappello succeeds in instilling into the players the importance of playing for England and the winning mentality then these guys are going to become legends. Their celebrity status will then be earned on the international stage, not stolen from their club personna.

Comments

• Whatever. Leopards and spots come to mind.

S.
  • I have to say/admit that i wasnt best pleased at first about cappello. But i like these 'rules', its amazing that all this time thats what i hated the most about england and the superstar players! I hope this works out and the respect goes back into working for the england shirt! I especially like the gettin called by the surname only! Its how i was addressed at school!
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]I have to say/admit that i wasnt best pleased at first about cappello. But i like these 'rules', its amazing that all this time thats what i hated the most about england and the superstar players! I hope this works out and the respect goes back into working for the england shirt! I especially like the gettin called by the surname only! Its how i was addressed at school!
    I make you right, theres not a soul on here that wouldn`t pay to play for England, they get payed its a insult to the flag, do it for nothing, as getting addressed by your surname at school I was addressed as "Oi You boy" ;)
  • Time to judge the Manager is at the end of his first qualifying campaign & not a moment before!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Time to judge the Manager is at the end of his first qualifying campaign & not a moment before!

Amen