Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dowie sacked...

Iain Dowie has been sacked as manager of Coca-Cola Championship strugglers Coventry, the club announced today.
The Sky Blues lie 19th in the table, four points above the relegation zone, following the 1-0 defeat at Preston on Saturday - their fifth loss in six league games.
Assistant manager Tim Flowers and Bob Dowie, another member of the backroom staff, have also left the Ricoh Arena, with Frankie Bunn and John Harbin placed in charge of team affairs for tomorrow's league clash at home to Cardiff.
A statement on Coventry's official website said: "Iain Dowie, Tim Flowers and Bob Dowie have been relieved of their duties with immediate effect."

Comments

• Did they look him in the whites of his eyes though ?

Expect a 'head held high, fantastic players' speech from Dowie in about 4 hours.
  • Man ... that guy just picks up cheques ... screws clubs up and picks up cheques....

looks like the side of a bus an all...
  • If I was him I would look for a job up north. Somewhere like Southampton.
  • [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]If I was him I would look for a job up north. Somewhere like Southampton.

lol. brilliant
  • edited February 2008
    I wonder if Les Reed has been contacted yet?
  • Nope, they've put John Harbin in temporary charge... even worse!!
  • sorry you're not getting any reasoned opinion out of me at the moment...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha - what a way to start a monday!

unlucky Iain, onwards and upwards eh?
  • I've been sniggering like a demented Mutley since I heard this.

But please, please, please someone take the Irish job before he starts up a powerpoint presentation about it.
  • [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]I've been sniggering like a demented Mutley since I heard this.

But please, please, please someone take the Irish job before he starts up a powerpoint presentation about it.

"Inspiring the Irish"?
  • I like the bloke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Record was W20 D8 L21.

For a team going through administration etc, that doesn't look a sackable record to me.
  • it might not have been his record on the pitch that got him sacked...
  • Has Bob Dowie ever had a job interview in his life?!
  • Dowie was likeable but was totally wrong for us. I need a doctor to erase last season out of my head it hurt so much.
  • I wonder if there are problems with the M 69.
  • Now that his one good signing has gone, there is no need to think about him again
  • Perhaps his inability to grasp the difference between 2 miles north and 200 miles north has cost him again - apparently £700k is only slightly north of £200k.
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Man ... that guy just picks up cheques ... screws clubs up and picks up cheques....

looks like the side of a bus an all...
    Well, he's gotta pay-off Jordan after all....
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]looks like the side of a bus an all...
    maybe that's why we hired him as a coach, not a manager?
  • It's another chance for him to dust out his Powerpoint presentation. Maybe he'll set his sights a little lower? I was thinking of one called "Elevating Ebbsfleet"...
  • Sponsored links:

• And I was looking forward to the gloating at the last game if we are in with a shout of the top 2.

Never mind Iain, its cricket and bbq season soon :)
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]If I was him I would look for a job up north. Somewhere like Southampton.

lol. brilliant

BBC Gossip
    Southampton are ready to re-appoint former manager Iain Dowie after his sacking as Coventry boss. (Mirror)

You heard it here first folks.

Dear Mr Jordan
    You are welcome to my T Mobile phone recordings for the period in question subject to a deposit of £12.5m.
  • From today's Metro:

Dowie sacked for being 'out of date'

Coventry City chairman Ray Ranson has revealed he sacked Iain Dowie because of his lack of faith in the manager's old-fashioned methods. Dowie was axed with the Sky Blues just four points off the Championship relegation zone and Ranson said: "We did not share the same ideals and I felt that to move forward towards a more progressive and modern way of operating, I would need a different style of first-team management."
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]looks like the side of a bus an all...
    maybe that's why we hired him as a coach, not a manager?

haha...

Thats quite sharp Salad....