Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

linford christie

to be torch bearer in london 2012,ken never fails to provoke,a drug cheat!

Comments

• If he was white, would Ken have picked him?....I think not.
  • It should be Daley Thompson Britains greatest Olympian.
  • Agree with you there..
  • ZZ should do the O2 to North Kent section.
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]It should be Daley Thompson Britains greatest Olympian.

That honour belong's to Steve Redgrave.
  • Ken must sit around and think,"How can I wind people up today"

Disagree with you BFR although Sir Steve Regrave was a great athlete, Thompson's discipline was over 10 events in sports where there is greater compertion. Any sport you name Thompson would have sucseeded (even a boat), he was a natural athlete.

If Thompson's time had been 15 years later he would now be Sir Daley.
  • Daley Thompson is a londoner so why hasn't he been asked - I mean there is a raod named after him in Wandsworth . Christie has a fecking lifetime ban from atheltics ffs -regardless of his so called innocence.
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]If he was white, would Ken have picked him?....I think not.

Let's bring race into the issue and have another thread about it people's lazy prejudices. Not even clear if Christie has been invited but hey it's only cos he is Black. Never won any medals did he.

Name all the white London athletes who have been snubbed by Ken who you think should be doing it?

Who are the other athletes who will be carrying the torch?
  • Ken needs the Black vote and you know it......I'm questioning Ken's motives in this matter. He only does things for himself.

If you think I'm a racist fine but Mr Pie might disagree with you.
  • One 'athlete' confirmed so far is Trevor MacDonald. Did strike me as an odd choice that one.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't have a problem with Linford Christie being invited to participate. He may have given a positive test but it was one of the many positive given for Nandrolone the vast majority of which were overturned (eg. Mark richardson). I beleive that Christie's was also overturned by the UK authorities but not by the IAAF.

Subsequent studies have shown that it is possible that a combination of protein shakes and dehydration induced by large amounts of exercise could have led to the positive tests.
  • WSSWSS
    edited February 2008
    the fact that Christie cannot attend the Beijing Olympics or 2012 at ANY event or even go into the Olympic Village I wouldnt have him there if he is not meant to be associated with the Games.

Why not get the kids of Stratford to carry it for a bit as well as some recent well performing athletes.

Steve Backley could ice skate with it, Jonathan Edwards could hop skip and jump with it, Tanni Grey can wheel it along and Dame Kelly can just run off for a ridiculous length. Twice.
  • So Linford Christie is being picked to win the "Black Vote".

As if Black people in London are so easily swayed that this one person out of 80 running in this rather meaningless event will make them choose Ken over Boris.

I'd guess that they would be more interested in community charge, safety, transport, congestion charging, housing and all the other things that matter to Londoners. Or that they will, like the majority of Londoners not vote for anyone through apathy or dissalusionment with the process.

As it happens I don't think Christie should be chosen because, even though he denies it, he is banned and so should not be representing London.

And for the record I've never voted for Ken and never will.
  • This has more to do with a f**k up at City Hall, Canada Square and the BOA, then some getting out the vote BS.

The GLA didn't talk to LOCOG, and the BOA didn't talk to LOCOG or the GLA, and hence this has happened. Christie will have his invite pulled, and away we go.
  • And for the record I've never voted for Ken and never will.[/quote]

At least we agree on something........C'mon the Gers....;-)
  • laugh at RedKen(the bombers friend) Livingston but the laugh has always been on us the people of London that have to deal with his socialBollox.
    Why not Kelly Holmes ? ex soldier is why i bet. cant have anyone who has actually fought for the freedoms Ken pisses on.
    The Christie thing stinks of tokenism. This will be the most PC Olympics ever. 6 advisors on "ethnic divercity" at £100,000 a pop or the fact there is no flag or scene of London in the so called Olympic logo.
    It was my wedding day but i remember we watched Linford win that gold medal and cheared him all the way. He could and should have been a role model for yoof, sad that it all want wrong.

Henry you are like Red Ken tho using the term "racist" at the drop of the hat will eventually devalue its meaning. Of course Red Ken would and isnt a racist he just likes to insult a Jewish man with term like "nazi camp guard", and then defends fanatics who hate jews and gays (not for the muslim vote of course).
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Henry you are like Red Ken tho using the term "racist" at the drop of the hat will eventually devalue its meaning.

Don't really leave many options when people put things down like if he was white, black vote etc. And how is saying 'lets bring race into it' the same as using the term racist ?

Fcuking hate threads like this.
  • Kelly Holmes is part of the torch relay.
  • Sink it then boss " Luke use the force"
  • yep henry christie won a bundle of medals,only got caught late on sadly,daley thompson,steve ovett,seb coe now theres torch bearers to be proud of,personally daley was my all time favourite ,no to DRUG CHEATS!
  • Sponsored links:

• GH,

I quite agree about the over use of the term "racist" which is one reason I didn't use it. Interestingly you thought that I did and said that I did when clearly I didn't.

Maybe if you decide that I have said things that I haven't it makes it easier for you to go on believing what you do and dismiss any counter argument.

Kelly Holmes is part of the torch thing. Maybe it's to get the ex-army and lesbian vote. And she's an Arsenal fan so that's a few more votes for Ken. Or maybe she is a nationally known athlete.

Nolly, didn't I say I didn't think Christie should be doing it because he's banned?

Agree with Dan, hate these threads because I hate lazy prejudice and because you can't have a rational argument with someone who misquotes you.
  • henry it was not meant for to be a race thread,i would have ten daley thompsons if we had them,christie is the seedy part of athletics and ken should stop being such a divvy.
  • Are you saying Kelly Holmes drinks from the furry-cup?...
  • she does indeed.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]henry it was not meant for to be a race thread,i would have ten daley thompsons if we had them,christie is the seedy part of athletics and ken should stop being such a divvy.

I agree, but others made it so.
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]Are you saying Kelly Holmes drinks from the furry-cup?...

No, she's an out Lesbian. Some people are gay, get over it.
  • Whats wrong with you today?...I have no problem with people being gay...in fact one of my best friends is gay.
  • Amazing what lengths people will go to, to get noticed....tut tut
  • yeah your boyfriend gump!
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]yeah your boyfriend gump!

He's a pain in the ar**....;-)
  • oooooooooh er.