Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eduardo da Silva

What a terrible injury.

Reminded me of the David Busst incident a few years ago.

You don't want to see these things happen, I hope he recovers and gets to play again but I fear the worst.

Comments

• Agreed, feel terrible for him but Arsenal's behaviour yesterday with Gallas' petulance to Wenger's idiotic post-match comments made them look an embarassment. Regardless of that, hope he recovers and plays at this level again.
  • Wenger has retracted the 'never play again' comment. It was said in the heat of the post match interview.
  • Wenger-- great manager . Huge twa*.

Wow he sure saw everything yesterday didnt he ?

Saw the game on TV was glad they didnt re show the incident , then its all over the papers oooooooooo thats gotta hurt. That could be all over for him.
  • edited February 2008
    they re showed it on MOTD and it made me feel sick - i think he fooked i really do
  • funny how wenger didn't see f**k all when eboue went thru john terry earlier on in the season
  • christ Ive just checked that on you tube and man.......... that is very very bad... like his foot came off......

and he was doing really well.....

shocking..
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]funny how wenger didn't see f**k all when eboue went thru john terry earlier on in the season

yep - if the takle had been made by an Arsenal player he would not have seen it FACT. He is a prat and as for Gallas, surely they need to strip him of the armband. Hate Arsenal with a passion but hope Eduardo recovers, never like to see that sort of injury.
  • [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite] Hate Arsenal with a passion but hope Eduardo recovers, never like to see that sort of injury.
    With you on this one Eltham, I'm no gooner but this injury was terrible. I wish Eduardo a full recovery

I also hope Taylor can get over this too. I guess it'll play on his mind whenever he goes in for a tackle. I don't think it was a malicious challenge.
  • spurs fans at wembley yesterday were singing to the tune of monster by the automatic

whats that hanging out of his sock

was it his ankle was it his ankle

how sick is that
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]spurs fans at wembley yesterday were singing to the tune of monster by the automatic

whats that hanging out of his sock

was it his ankle was it his ankle

how sick is that
    Yeah, nearly as sick as "The Wheels on the Bus"
  • Sponsored links:

• They have some fairly disgusting fans to be honest... look at the choice lyrics to the Adebayor song they sing, how they haven't been pulled for that i don't know, it's hardly in the affectionate Zheng DVD humour category
  • I cant comment there sorry wss i do sing it
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I cant comment there sorry wss i do sing it
    lol, was not a dig mate. Think its a personal preference thing
  • yeah i know something in me has always been a tad odd that i get humour from sick things
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite][quote
    Yeah, nearly as sick as "The Wheels on the Bus"

My thoughts exactly WSS

SSN have been running the Busst one- horrible horrible injury- hopefully Eduardo's doesn't have the same long term effects- any one who thinks otherwise aint a football fan..
  • Broken legs are a fact of life in football. Yes it was a terrible injury but I didn't think that Taylor meant it. The problem these days is that with TV cameras and press photographers taking shots from every angle, you get to see the full horrors.

It appears that the news is promising tonight as they are talking about him playing again next season. Years gone by, that kind of injury may well be a career ending one. Modern techniques have improved things vastly.
  • cor make a man feel bad stanmore i said sorry
  • thats taylor is getting death threats now apparently, from croatia dicks!! i reckon it stems from what wenger said, which in my opinion if anyone else said it (apart from sralex of course!) then they would of been banned for ever!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]thats taylor is getting death threats now apparently, from croatia dicks!! i reckon it stems from what wenger said, which in my opinion if anyone else said it (apart from sralex of course!) then they would of been banned for ever![/quote]

Agreed, totally unacceptable for Wenger to come out with this sort of stuff AGAIN.

If Taylor had, for example, headbutted him or punched him with an absolute clear intent to cause injury then Wenger might have been justified in his comments. However, that sort of tackle can go wrong by just mistiming it and there is no way you can KNOW that the bloke making the tackle has malicious intent (unless it was being made by Kevin Muscat).

Very, very poor from Wenger who would go apeshit if another manager said that about one of his players.
  • when robin the (no i better not type that) when Robin Van Persie tried to do us a favour by braking JFH leg last year did wenger say he should be banned No but because this year it is illegal to show studs he changes his tune the bloke is a knunt
  • Sponsored links:

• The thing is that I really don't think Wenger is a c--t at all, he is one of the most sensible and intelligent people in the game. The problem seems to be that when the red mist descends he becomes incredibly myopic with regard to his own team and that's when the problems start.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]The thing is that I really don't think Wenger is a c--t at all, he is one of the most sensible and intelligent people in the game. The problem seems to be that when the red mist descends he becomes incredibly myopic with regard to his own team and that's when the problems start.

He has elevated myopia to a higher plain.

Personally I have massive respect for the bloke but he needs somebody to act as his spokesman after matches like the Great Hairdryer himself. When Wenger cools down he is pretty philosophical and sensible.
  • yeah i agree re what u 2 have said re arsene top manager and very clever, its just a shame that he can carry on in such ways sometimes
  • Agreed, totally unacceptable for Wenger to come out with this sort of stuff AGAIN.

To be fair he did withdraw the comments the next day.