Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Clancies Pub

Has been closed for a few weeks now, was our pre match drinks venue. Any word why it closed or if it is to re-open?

Comments

• Changed total after the old guvenor John left - new mob did not seem bothered about anything. Was closed before Bournemouth game, cant see it reopening. Yet another pub goes......
  • Is that the one that used to be The Million Hare, and before that the Lord Howick?
    Haven't been in there since 1973. (Not really doing my bit to keep it going, am I?) :-)
  • one by the roundabout towards Woolwich?
  • Yep thats the one. Dog of a pub.
  • Never been in there, but the guy who sits next to me at Charlton used to swear by if for cheap food before a game. If no one else does, he'll miss it.
  • Got upto some right old shananigans in there over the years
  • Shame, not a pub you would go to out of choice, but really convenient for a pre match drink, good beer and cheap!
  • Always wanted to go in there, but then always forget about it come match day. Shame it's gone.
  • Used to live around the corner. Was always one of those boozers where everyone would turn around whenever anyone walked in the place - always seemed a bit dodge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Also the Albion is now an African restaurant and the Castle in Woolwich is a carabian restaurant / bar!!!!!!!!
  • Also the Albion is now an African restaurant and the Castle in Woolwich is a carabian restaurant / bar!!!!!!!!

You been in Terry? Any good?
    ;-)
  • LOL Only found out when I went on Lee Rigby's march last Friday! Won't be any pubs left soon!!!
  • Just heard that the Fanny on the Hill has just closed as well
  • edited May 2015
    valleyfan said:

Just heard that the Fanny on the Hill has just closed as well

Dried up?

As in, out of beer?
    Perverts the lot of you......
  • edited May 2015
    I went in the Who'd a Thought It the other night for the first since 1996 (the snowed off Brentford (FA cup game).
    It hasn't changed, at all.
  • Curb_It said:

I went in the Who'd a Thought It the other night for the first since 1996 (the snowed off Brentford (FA cup game).

Who'd a Thunk It?

; )
  • edited May 2015
    con club ---awaiting re-development
    doom and gloom---African church
    Victoria---about to fall down
    White Horse---hanging on
    Clancies---shut
    Albion---African restaurant
    Greyhound---jesus what a mess
    Mitre---African church

few years back could do a good pub crawl from Woolwich to The valley
  • Waterman's Arms - long gone
  • The Valley- now flats
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:

The Valley- now flats

Be careful what you wish for ;0)

• Time served appreniceship in the Howick.
    Remember the upstairs bar for a late one, then stroll back to petrol garages (opposite doom and gloom) for a microwaved chicken hero.
  • con club ---awaiting re-development
    White Horse---hanging on
    Clancies---shut
    Mitre---African church

I was told that The Victoria was on fire the other night...did it finally fall over?
    Curb_It said:

B - I used to run the football team out of there around then...not sure the fact that it hasn't changed is a good thing!!! :wink:
  • Off_it said:

Waterman's Arms - long gone

Cracking boozer that was.
  • Didn't you guys here about the Vista ?
  • TelMc32 said:

con club ---awaiting re-development
    White Horse---hanging on
    Clancies---shut
    Mitre---African church

I was told that The Victoria was on fire the other night...did it finally fall over?
    Curb_It said:

B - I used to run the football team out of there around then...not sure the fact that it hasn't changed is a good thing!!! :wink:
    Old snake hips still doing his thing.
  • Spent the first 14 years of my life living opposite The Vic (648 Woolwich Road). Our house was knocked down to build a basketball court for the drug dealers to serve up in.
  • brogib said:

Spent the first 14 years of my life living opposite The Vic (648 Woolwich Road). Our house was knocked down to build a basketball court for the drug dealers to serve up in.

You cant stand in the way of big business.
  • It's such a shame the number of pubs closing down, especially in all the less-well-off former 'white' working class areas.

Yes, it's more expensive than drinking at home and in a lot if areas the ethnic dynamic has changed but even so, with the number of closures, as someone said, they'll be no pubs left.

All across the nation a culture change has taken place where we don't want to socially interact with others. 'The Pub is the past' - the people have voted.

To be fair, Clancys was a bit of a hole and had seen better days but it seems the whole country don't want to pop out to their local for a pint anymore to their local and would rather be sitting in watching TV or playing on their XBox.
  • brogib said:

Spent the first 14 years of my life living opposite The Vic (648 Woolwich Road). Our house was knocked down to build a basketball court for the drug dealers to serve up in.

Here in Belfast the graffiti on the walls says 'Heroin dealers will be shot'.
    Which sounds fair to me.