Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your Sunday League Teams

I reckon quite a few of us played Sunday League in and around Greenwich and Bexley as kids. Who did everyone play for?

Any other ex Bostall Rangers players out there?

Apologies if this has been covered before etc.........

Comments

• been a thread on this before I'm sure

I played for:

Charlton Rangers for a couple of seassons

Team called Fox Alliance (out of the old Fox Under the Hill pub - Shooters Hill), which then became Polyweights FC (played at the Thames Poly off Westhorne ave Eltham), we have a great side through the 90's and I played there for about 15 years in total. Eltham and District and Woolwich and District leagues - have got stacks of cheap marble / plastic tat in the loft to prove it!

Now playing Vets for Belvedere FC and loving it - currently recovering from Hernia surgery 2 weeks ago, fit for next season though.

have made many cameo appearances for various sides along the way too...
  • I played for a team called FC Taurus who played their home games on those pitches near the sun in the sands roundabout. We trained every thursday night up at Charlton park. I only had two seasons there from the age of 17-19 as I tore my anterior cruciate knee ligament and haven't been able to play since :(
  • North Heath and Reynolds, plus one appearance for Plume of Feathers. All in the Kent Suburban League.
  • Inter Fico for a nano second as a kid in a side that included John Bumstead/

Unilever/Aries in the South London Alliance on a Saturday and played and managed Abbey Wood in the Kent Suburban League on a Sunday for more than 15 years.
  • I played for a Sunday team called Tracona, we won the Eltham and District Sunday League and on a Saturday for about 5 years I played for Plumstead Casuals, a very well known Club run by the Cork brothers. Great times
  • Lydd Grasshoppers and New Romney Fc, not at the same time.
  • edited May 2015
    Junior Reds up until 16 then gave up. The only team any Charlton fan should have played for.

Also won the London cup with Tallis and played against a lad called Leo Chambers who now plays for West Ham. Seemed decent but we turned them over.
  • Cubs, Villacourt, Welling Athletic, Teviot Rangers, Hamlet, Clapham Wanderers, Hamlet again, Carver Chieftains, Hamlet again.
  • Cray Harriers, Miller's Arms (both Kent Suburban), Meopham (Saturday league) and the mighty CIFC!
  • Sponsored links:

• When I lived in London I played for London boys and Eltham park.then played kent youth league for sheppey United and sat on the bench for the 1st team in an fa cup qualifying round.then moved to Sittingbourne fc then drifted off into Sunday league football after being told I was to short for a goal keeper.the season just gone is the 1st season that iv not played since I was 10 year's old and I'm 35 on Wednesday I'm thinking of getting into vets football but can't find a team near Sittingbourne
  • Great Penge Athletic, but home games were played in Wandsworth, so a bit out of the way, though I do remember beating a team from Kidbrooke.
  • Long lane for 10 years
    Hayden for a couple
    Phoenix for a year (that's where I broke my leg)

I played for Lydd Grasshoppers and Romney Cougars!

Played for Grasshoppers about 1975/76 and New Romney FC between 1973/1975.
  • Ravensbury and Royal Park (Sidcup)
  • Elmstead FC
    Baldon Sports
    Farnborough OB

Good 15 years in me yet.
  • Did you drink in the Baldon and what yr BR7
  • Belmont United
    Bedens Boys
    Phoenix
    Bostall Forest
    Amber Star

A fair few years before me... I played for Romney Cougars from about 1999-2002 and Grasshoppers from about 2002-2004.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bostall Rangers
    Birch wood
    Bexley Eagles
    Centaurs

Then
    Black lion and rainham 84
    In medway
  • Heston Utd
    Old Bull Hotel up on shooters hill

They both disintegrated six months after I joined. Good fun though.

A fair few years before me... I played for Romney Cougars from about 1999-2002 and Grasshoppers from about 2002-2004.
    Used to play on the Ripe in my day, the pitch was always ruined on Lydd Club day.

• I didn't play but I took photos of a few Sunday League teams:

Newbridge
    Bostall Old Boys
    Hatcham Park Rovers

Covered the WESFA cup finals two years running. Now just stick to North Kent Sunday League now mainly Nurstead and AFC Rosherville.

(Really just a shameless plug for next season haha)
  • Did you drink in the Baldon and what yr BR7

We played at the coop club and had a beer in Eltham town club

Used to play on the Ripe in my day, the pitch was always ruined on Lydd Club day.

Well that didn't change, I played on the Ripe too... Ruined every season by Lydd Club Day!
  • Red Barrel FC

Club song was as follows, tune courtesy of Watney's Red Barrel Commercials (worst beer ever brewed) :

What's the team that plays the best?
    It's Sidcup star Red Barrel
    What's the team that's always pissed?

Watch Red Barrel wherever they are
    At home, away or any bar
    They're always pissed wherever they are
    That's Sidcup star Red Barrel
  • Tramp said:

Red Barrel FC

Club song was as follows, tune courtesy of Watney's Red Barrel Commercials (worst beer ever brewed) :

What's the team that plays the best?
    What's the team that's always pissed?

Watch Red Barrel wherever they are
    At home, away or any bar
    They're always pissed wherever they are
    That's Sidcup star Red Barrel

Did they used to play at King Georges? If so, I seem to remember watching them as a kid though I have to say one or two of the players did fill their shirts - and a bit more!
  • RACS
    Eltham Royals (?) (played at white house ground New Eltham)
    Valley Party FC
  • I reckon quite a few of us played Sunday League in and around Greenwich and Bexley as kids. Who did everyone play for?

Any other ex Bostall Rangers players out there?

Apologies if this has been covered before etc.........

I played for Bostall Rangers. They were my first team 1996-1998. Also played for Lewisham Youth, Catford Town and Woolwich Youth.