Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Huge UK lottery win - if it was you, would you donate some to Charlton?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33120600

I certainly would donate to, say, the youth scheme.

Comments

• I hear we have a museum now and that they need some money
  • I hear we have a museum now and that they need some money

Done, a couple of bob to the museum then!
  • I wouldn't 'donate' to a private business, no. I might donate to certain specific schemes to increase our fan base and/or improve match day experience. At the moment, I wouldn't seek to buy the club but it would be a nice thought to be able to do so, if/when we have another financial crisis. Most of all though, I'd take the family of on a big world-wide beano so I might not be too fussed about football for a while.
  • Would probably donate in exchange for an executive box for life:)
  • I'd buy the franchise for the catering and sort that out.
  • No free donations .. a few million £s should buy me seat on the board and a say in transfer matters
  • edited June 2015
    Yeah,Youth Scheme would get some dough and with Baldybonce on the catering and i'd buy the programme sellers..if i can find any..some more table thingys.

I may donate some cash to my second club Merthyr Town.
  • No, I'd buy Greenwich FC and make it my mission to turn them into the biggest club in south London..........
  • No, I'd buy Greenwich FC and make it my mission to turn them into the biggest club in south London..........

lol .. you've only won a mere few tens of millions .. not billions ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

lol .. you've only won a mere few tens of millions .. not billions ((:>)
    Oak trees start off as tiny acorns Lincs :wink:
  • brogib said:

With £93 million, I'd probably subsidise away travel for a couple of seasons and buy everyone on here a good drink, except @cafcdave123 .

A shit drink is still a drink, i'll take it @brogib
  • I wouldn't go near football with anywhere near the majority of it, maybe a very small dabble into a non-league club for the sake of local kids and interest but definitely not a FL team.
  • edited June 2015
    I'd buy Palace, asset strip it, close it down and let Selhurst rot.

Edit - as long as I still had about 50m in the bank
  • PL54 said:

I'd buy Palace, asset strip it, close it down and let Selhurst rot.

Edit - as long as I still had about 50m in the bank

TBF until this latest lot of wankers I believe that was the standard business plan for all their owners...
  • Agreed, fuck em.

Most of the time Charlton Athletic have been a complete pain in the arse as far as I'm concerned!
  • I'd buy charlton and move it to Belgium save us all the heart ache.... I'm off to check my tickets, so start looking for your passports
  • there is already someone involved with the club who has more money than that so no
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd buy Millwall, and make them play in red.
  • I would use 750k of it to pay someone to take Callum Harriot
  • Not donate but invest if I could
  • You'd be crazy, football is a financial black hole.

Unless you invest and get to the premier league, but thats just like playing the lottery all over again...
  • I'd buy Millwall, and make them play in red.

i'd make them play in Botswana.
  • I would get an executive box on a ten year deal and probably donate to the youth team... but maybe not if we sell Gomez on the cheap. Oh and I would send Katrien flowers on a regular basis and agitate to get Curbs on the board.
  • Can't believe I am first to say congratulations, @The_President !
  • How do you make a small fortune?

Start with a big one and buy a football club........
  • Id carry on the same as I do now. Season ticket holder and valley gold member and the occasional visits to the Bromley branch.
    I might treat myself to a cab ride to and from the pub instead of the train.
    But that's it, my money would go to my family and a few close friends.