Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paris

Any good restaurant recommendations from the cognoscenti on here, please?

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Maxim's
  • What are you looking to do? The Tower is something to do but only if the weather is good. . The Louvre, Pompidou or Musee D'Orsay for a bit of culture. The centre is very walkable. There are some great markets, e.g. Porte de Clignancourt on Sunday morning.
  • Been a while since I was there, but always liked Montmartre. Aux trois petits cochons was excellent, but I dont know if it is still open.

I stayed at the Terrass Hotel and they have a wonderful rooftop terrace and restaurant. It has just been renovated, so not sure what it's like now, but the views across Paris are fantastic.
  • Le clos y. Excellent food there
  • Where's MCS when you need him?
  • Last time i was there me and the mrs had a reservation at la Fontaine de mars but when we got there they were rude and and cocked up our orders and when we sent it back they then just over cooked it even more (one of the reasons it was sent back in the first place) and came back slamming it down on the table.

i called the manager over and explained that we were leaving and wouldn't be paying for anything.

we popped in a restaurantjust down the road and it was excellent, if i can remember the name i will post it, possibly the best lamb chops i have ever eaten
  • There are some great and very reasonably priced places around Bastille. Seems to be quite a trendy area but I had a few good meals there. There was one place I had moules frittes. It was 11 euros and was all you can eat. Bargain.
  • edited June 2015
    Gusteaus

Try the ratatouie
  • edited June 2015
    Whether I've just been lucky but whenever I've been to Paris the food and service I've received has always been perfect. I suppose it helps that I can speak the lingo (not fluently but more than enough to get by) but been there several times and never had a problem, I love the place.
  • Sponsored links:

• A couple of restaurants near the George V Metro stop well worth visiting if you are in that part of Paris; L'Atelier des Comperes on Rue Galilee; Kambodgia on Rue Bassano
  • colthe3rd said:

There are some great and very reasonably priced places around Bastille. Seems to be quite a trendy area but I had a few good meals there. There was one place I had moules frittes. It was 11 euros and was all you can eat. Bargain.

Stayed in the Bastille neighbourhood in September and it was great. Some really good bars and restaurants, cheaper than the touristy areas and we were able to walk to everywhere worth seeing in the city but it also has good public transport options.
  • Thanks, everyone - will take a look at these.
  • Ate at some great places in Paris, but walked out from our hotel and mooched around 'till we saw something we liked the look of. Was on stage at Moulin Rouge, dancing, one of my claims to fame. Love Paris, indifferent about the rest of France
  • @Weegie Addick

My wife and I went to this place last August. Fantastic meal and a very interesting building - one of the oldest in Paris. Highly recommended.

Auberge Nicolas Flamel
    51, rue de montmorency Paris – 3e arrondissement.

auberge-nicolas-flamel.fr
  • The Latin Quarter, just to the south of Ile de La Cite, is still great for cheap menus and good food. One place me and my girlfriend went to had moules mariniere, French onion soup, steak, lamb chops, salmon, tarte au citron and a chocolate bomb thing all on a set menu for 12€, and the wine is almost always excellent, even the house carafes
  • Good time to go with exchange rates being so favourable.
  • Went in December. Spring, near the Louvre, was excellent but very pricey. Round the corner from there was a lovely bar / restaurant called Le Fumoir, which was also excellent.

Worth organising to go up the Montparnasse Tower to the "Ciel de Paris" bar / restaurant - wouldn't bother eating there but go up for sunset for a drink. Amazing view looking towards Eiffel Tower and Paris skyline.