Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rixton deal announced

It's "not sports related" before you have a whinge ; - )

Rixton have been announced as the headline act for Charlton Athletic Community Trust’s annual charity concert on Thursday, July 9th
Jake Martens reports

Rixton - the Manchester-based foursome whose debut single “Me and My Broken Heart” went platinum in the U.S. and hit #1 on the UK Singles chart in 2014 have been announced as the headline act for Charlton Athletic Community Trust’s annual charity concert on Thursday, July 9th.

With their debut album ‘Let the Road’ recently released, Rixton have been making headlines around the world after recently opening for Ariana Grande on her European tour, and are soon to head out as a supporting act for Ed Sheeran on his North American tour.

Playing at the IndigO2 at the O2 Arena, all of the money raised from the evening will help to support the Trust’s activities with young people.

Andrews Air Conditioning, the Trust’s rear shirt sponsors, has once again committed their support to the event, becoming the official sponsors of the concert for the second year running. Andrews will announce a number of competitions in the near future, enabling fans to win exclusive tickets to the event.

Supporting Rixton on the night will be local artist Autumn Sharif, who was given her break through opportunity to open for Lawson at last years concert. Since then, the rising star has taken big strides in the industry and is thrilled to take the stage again.

“I’m so happy and excited to be opening for Rixton at the IndigO2”, she said.

“They're a massive band and knowing that I'll be sharing the stage with them is a huge honour. I also love their music and I can't wait to watch them perform.”

CACT Youth Service Ambassador and Capital Breakfast show host, Dave Berry, will host the night and is excited about what Rixton will bring to the event, saying: “Rixton have a huge fan base all over the world and know how to put on a show, I'm so pleased they will be headlining this years gig”.

The evening will also give an opportunity for two young performers from the Greenwich Youth Service to join the acts, giving a one-off opportunity to open for Rixton and Autumn, performing in front of a sell out audience. More information on audition dates to become an opening act on will be released shortly.

Tickets are now on sale from just £15 and are expected to sell out fast. Get in quick to be part of another memorable night for the Trust.

To buy tickets go to: www.axs.com/uk/events/279513/rixton-tickets or call 0844 824 4824

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-trust-concert-rixton-2485237.aspx#UvH0tbpA2FtPBjHP.99

Comments