Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Holidays

Morning fellow addicks, as it is that time of year i thought i would start this thread so anyone going away could use it for help/must sees/trouble shooting etc.

so if you are off on holiday post where you are off to and any queries about the place and hopefully our well traveled fellow lifers can help.

to kick the thread off, i am off to malta in the morning.

Has anyone been to saint julians reciently? Any bars/restaurants worth a visit?
also, any idea how expencive it is over there?

Comments

• We are heading there too next week....
  • Off to Corralejo, Fuerteventura in two weeks, I cant wait. My first holiday abroad with my kids for over 13 years (except for GreenieJnr he's working).
  • Just back from 2 weeks in Madagascar. A rewarding place for nature lovers but incredibly poor and at times very difficult and frustrating (eg the airline playing up so a 23 hour bus trip on God awful roads). The scenery is lovely and mountainous but also depressing as it’s all farmland – the country’s lost 90% of its forest.

I saw 13 species of lemur so I came home happy. I also had 24 hours in Nairobi so went into the nearby national park and saw rhinos, giraffes, baboons, zebras, etc.

My next trip is the Ulster GP bike racing in August – the fastest road race in the world (133mph per lap on public roads).
  • Out in Ovacik Turkey at the moment. Sitting at the pool 98 degrees cold lager in hand. Best
    Smug Face on.
  • edited June 2015
    Out in Ovacik Turkey at the moment. Sitting at the pool 98 degrees cold lager in hand. Best
    Smug Face on.

Crap Wi-Fi hence double post.
  • RedPanda said:

Just back from 2 weeks in Madagascar. A rewarding place for nature lovers but incredibly poor and at times very difficult and frustrating (eg the airline playing up so a 23 hour bus trip on God awful roads). The scenery is lovely and mountainous but also depressing as it’s all farmland – the country’s lost 90% of its forest.

I saw 13 species of lemur so I came home happy. I also had 24 hours in Nairobi so went into the nearby national park and saw rhinos, giraffes, baboons, zebras, etc.

My next trip is the Ulster GP bike racing in August – the fastest road race in the world (133mph per lap on public roads).

Must be an amazing place
  • Went to Gdansk a couple of months back for a 40th and have another 40th in the next couple of months. That will either be Ostrava or Montenegro (can't spell the name of the capital). Family holiday is Florida in early November.

What day are you travelling?

Also what hotel are you staying at?
  • edited June 2015
    Taking our 2 year old daughter to First Choice Holiday Village in The Algarve in September. Heard good things, and i believe they are popular with young families, so i would imagine a few on here have been before.
  • First time since 2003 that I'm not going abroad

Currently waiting to see if there are any spaces available at a lovely looking campsite in the Arundel area so can take the missus away for the August Bank Holiday Weekend
  • Sponsored links:

• I've booked up 6 trips to hotels and locations in very dangerous parts of the world .. CAFC away games in the English north and midlands ((:>) .. will try and get away somewhere warm for a week in July .. circumstances permitting
  • Greenie said:

Off to Corralejo, Fuerteventura in two weeks, I cant wait. My first holiday abroad with my kids for over 13 years (except for GreenieJnr he's working).

You'll love it there, fantastic choice
  • Aviemore Highland Resort in august. The 6th time in two years. Love it.
  • Fortnight in Sardinia in July for me. Have to go during school holidays unfortunately (bloody kids!!)
  • Fortnight in Sardinia in July for me. Have to go during school holidays unfortunately (bloody kids!!)

We are off to a wedding so our eldest has got herself am exra 7 days off school this year!
  • Three weeks in Camberwell again. Unlike last year I shall pick up the season opener,
  • Carter said:

Greenie said:

Off to Corralejo, Fuerteventura in two weeks, I cant wait. My first holiday abroad with my kids for over 13 years (except for GreenieJnr he's working).

You'll love it there, fantastic choice
    Cheers Carter, I have heard its a winner, and we booked out of season, all my kids have left school, so the prices were blinding. Less than 2k for the 3 bed house, next to pool, 10 mins from the main part of town, inc flights for 5 adults for two weeks. ;o)
  • I went to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic last month and although the weather was good the experience wasn't.
    Full of big groups of septic's getting pissed and being their loud selves. The pool was like a war zone in the afternoon when the entertainment team took over. The whole culture revolves around getting a buck for very little and I mean everywhere.
    I thought it would be a nice quiet resort as it was adults only. Wrong!

ps never seen such scam trip advisor. They ask you if you enjoyed you stay, if you said yes it was great, they plugged TA, sometimes apparently joining you up there and then!

Next Thursday (2nd) - Westin Dragonara.
  • Sponsored links:

• St Trudin but before that a villa in the hills outside Rome for two weeks
  • Just got back from Tsilivi in Zante, absolutely love that Island and a great little resort

Got married there last year and went to another wedding there this year of someone who was at mine (wife's cousin) and loved it so much
  • I have been to 81 different countries/islands and happy to share experiences. Wifey and I are off to Bahamas next month. Any views, suggestion etc (we have booked for experiences with Sea lions, dolphins and Stingray (the latter two we have done before in other parts of the world). Thanks in advance.
  • Just got back from 3 days in the Serengeti in Tanzania on safari and a week in Zanzibar on the beach.

Absolutely amazing trip and I would recommend safari to anyone!
  • Oh and on Saturday I get the Eurostar to Paris for a one night stay, followed by a trip on The Orient Express from Paris to Venice, leaving on Sunday evening, going down through the Swiss alps and arriving in Venice on our Pearl wedding on Monday evening.
    Four nights in a hotel on The Lido and fly back on Friday evening.
    Not cheap, but thought I deserved it for 30 years of suffering..... :blush:

Im back before you get there so if i find any gems I'll let you know.

we are staying at the hilton so wont be able to let you know anything about the hotel (although their restaurant, the terrace, is the top rated restaurant in saint julians on trip advisor)
  • Stone said:

Oh and on Saturday I get the Eurostar to Paris for a one night stay, followed by a trip on The Orient Express from Paris to Venice, leaving on Sunday evening, going down through the Swiss alps and arriving in Venice on our Pearl wedding on Monday evening.
    Four nights in a hotel on The Lido and fly back on Friday evening.
    Not cheap, but thought I deserved it for 30 years of suffering..... :blush:

Happy anniversary and have a great time mate.

i was 1 when you got married.......
  • Just got back from 3 days in the Serengeti in Tanzania on safari and a week in Zanzibar on the beach.

Absolutely amazing trip and I would recommend safari to anyone!

Tanzania is a great country, went when I was younger and me and my girlfriend are planning to go back in a few years time, the ngorongoro crater was especially good, as were the views from the top of Mount Meru.

We're going to Lanzarote in September, first time going to The Canaries, been to Greek Isles, Malta, Balearics and Corsica before, and hopefully doing Sardinia or Cyprus next year

Stayed in that hotel a few years ago it was absolutely fantastic, have fun
  • Singapore to visit a lot of old friends and then on to Bali for a couple of weeks