Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southend Airport - How Fine Can I Cut It?

On a Saturday in August

Got a flight to Ibiza that heads out at 17:15.
I finish work in Benfleet at 17:30.

If I can convince my boss to actually give me the time off for the holiday then I should be able to get a way a bit early, but he wont let me take the piss.
Just wondering if anyone knows what time I should look to arrive at the airport for.

The plan is to take all my stuff to work with me and hitch a lift straight to the airport. Should take 40-60 mins to get there.
Might not take luggage if that will slow me down at the airport, I could lump it in with everyone elses I guess.

Wondering if I could get away with arriving at the airport at say half 4? Leaving work at half 3? Or is that too close!

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Only ever had pleasure flights from Southend, but that sounds mentally tight. I wouldn't risk it.
  • There's only one thing you can do.

Kill your boss
  • Went from southend the other week, prob need to be there at least an hour to hour half before the flight. Can que a bit at customs
  • Two days before , do a pony in his tea, on the sly of course.he'll be off sick come the Saturday, you sneak off early . Everyone's a winner
  • DanDavis said:

Why go Ibiza when you have Southend on your doorstep?!

Order a WKD in the Wetherspoons...close your eyes....you could easily be at Mambo's.

Can you believe I have been 3 times and not done Mambo, or Space!
    I keep meaning to but I get sidetracked, done almost everything else mind!

I like the murder suggestion above, will definitely consider

• That is WAY too tight, especially for peak holiday season.

You want to be there at least 90 mins before flight as a single delay in your journey will mean missing the flight.

The only airport I would risk arriving late too would be City Airport as its never mega busy.
  • Went to Southend three weeks ago, superb airport, basically a version of City Airport but going to holiday destinations. If I can only gonna fly from there.
  • MattD said:

DanDavis said:

Why go Ibiza when you have Southend on your doorstep?!

Order a WKD in the Wetherspoons...close your eyes....you could easily be at Mambo's.

Can you believe I have been 3 times and not done Mambo, or Space!
    I keep meaning to but I get sidetracked, done almost everything else mind!

I like the murder suggestion above, will definitely consider

Space is great. Have you been Sankeys since its been,there?
  • Sponsored links:

• I assume you are flying Easy-Jet. If you only have hand baggage (ONE cabin bag up to the maximum size of 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels). I would allow a minimum of 90 mins.
  • Check-in online to speed things up.
    Could you not have booked the arvo off when you booked the holiday?
  • edited June 2015
    Throw a sicky.
  • Never flown from Southend but I doubt it's busier than the main London airports. Generally, I always travel with hand luggage only and I always arrive 40-60 mins before flight. If bringing luggage then I'd say maybe 90 mins.
  • As others have said, if you only have hand luggage, you can cut it fairly fine. However, you need make sure that immigration is not a problem. On my one visit to Southend Airport, I sailed through immigration in seconds. However, I would recommend that you take a look at Southend Airport's departures webpage to see how many flights leave at that time of day on that day of the week so that you estimate the likely delay.
  • edited June 2015

Check-in online to speed things up.
    Could you not have booked the arvo off when you booked the holiday?

I havnt got none of the holiday off yet, still trying to persuade him to give it to me. Short staff if I go.

Cheers all might leave a little earlier if I get it!
  • What if he don't let you have the time off
  • What if he don't let you have the time off

Let's not think about that! He's rejected it twice already, got a few cards to play yet..
  • MattD said:

What if he don't let you have the time off

Let's not think about that! He's rejected it twice already, got a few cards to play yet..
    Blackmail. Take a photo of him under the toilet door.