Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So who can cook?

MCSMCS
edited November 2006 in Other Football and Sports
Who is the budding Charlton life chef then, own up to your culinary skills.

Comments

• i'm not bad for a tax dodger (no hospitalisation as yet)
  • What TAKES Your Fancy,Here Is A Tip For A STARTER,
    The Gobi Dish
    You Will Need 1 Very Small Live Fish,Put The Small Fish In A Dish With Enough Water To Cover, Get A Second Dish With No Water, Put The Live Fish Into The Empty Bowl Leave For 5 Seconds And The Eat. Why Not Try On Xmas Day!
  • Me. I love my cooking. I like to think my sauces would give me a Michelin star on their own.

However, I can NEVER beat my wife's Sunday roasts - it's the fact she has the patience to do at least half a dozen different types of veggies with it that sends me.
  • Sounds Good, Do You Get To Go To The Pub For A Few Sherberts Before This Event Takes Place?
  • I do most of the cooking in our house now. I suffered for many years and then thought I'd have a go myself probably about 10 years ago.
    I'm the Sunday roast man for sure. My honey roasted parsnips are ace.
  • I was just thinking of re heating a egg fried rice from last nite!
  • Top Cook Myself,Also Tops In Other Departments.Grow Lots Of Veggies On A Small Plot,Taste Well Pucker, Will Be Digging Up Some Parsnips On Sunday.
  • [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Sounds Good, Do You Get To Go To The Pub For A Few Sherberts Before This Event Takes Place?

I love Sunday lunch at the pub. My local serves Harveys straight from the barrel so the chances of me cookiong after about a gallon are limited.

However, Sunday is meat raffle day, so the following Sunday (if I'm lucky) usually results in any winnings being over cooked to heaven.

I hate steak tartare.
  • Yep, I consider meself a bit of a Keith Floyd, wine included. I like cooking and having an Italian girlfriend has brought out some masterpieces in me. Moving across the Atlantic, my Jambalaya takes some beating though.
  • Jambalaya, nice work geez.

Cookin rocks, cant wait to get me flat and russle up some proper hearty meals again!
  • Sponsored links:

• last night i got some lean mince, onion, garlic egg white, mixed together divided into balls, griddled, toasted a pitta bread, melted some cheese and served with an oven baked potato and salad. lush.

normally, if i'd have had more time i'd have made chips/wedges myself.
  • Last night I cooked beefburgers and oven chips.

*1905 takes a bow*
  • i notice the plural on beefburgers !
  • AFKA - lol, you know me too well.

My gf has had to fly back to Norway until Sunday because her Pops has been taken ill. Burgers and chips last night, curry tonight I reckon, chinky tomorrow night, in Sheffield Saturday has got kehbab written all over it. Oh happy days!!

I can cook but to hell with it for a few days......................
  • I love cooking! I find it really relaxing... Keith Floyd styleee. Have recently got into making soups....Made Thai Tom Yum Soup at the weekend! Spicy and fresh.

Right I need to get some lunch now or I'll end up dribbling on my desk
  • I can do a roast and old fashioned meat / fish and 2 veg type plain grub.

What I would like to be able to do though is make a decent curry and learn how to make sauces.
  • I must admit my partner is a really good cook!She makes the most amazing roasts!She never ceases to amaze me with the wonderful meals she makes me.
  • Sparkes the butchers (Blackheath Standard) organic 3 bird roast sounds a bit special (in more ways than one).
  • [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]I must admit my partner is a really good cook!She makes the most amazing roasts!She never ceases to amaze me with the wonderful meals she makes me.

now that just sounds like i made you say that... !! you went overboard! tho i do cook a good roast.

robbo - that butchers on blackheath standard... two years ago ordered an organic turkey - 80 quid!! for the three of us... lovely but a waste of money!
  • "robbo - that butchers on blackheath standard... two years ago ordered an organic turkey - 80 quid!! for the three of us... lovely but a waste of money"

Her in drawers (I like that one!) came in last year with an organic bird which cost close to £60. I am not even that bothered about Turkey and she shells out 60 smackers on one!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Got quoted £100 for the 3 bird roast. I would imagine for that money they were all UK reared, and not some foreign import.
  • a three bird roast... any man's christmas day dream.
  • And miss my free pint around the Oak.
  • [cite]Posted By: 04 MCS[/cite]Who is the budding Charlton life chef then, own up to your culinary skills.

If I said I was a master chef would anyone believe me?

(No, not of pot noodles Daniel)
  • It's very simple for men like me of a certain age, if you live alone and can't afford to eat out you learn to cook - OK it's probably very basic but it's one hell of a lot cheaper than paying through the nose for shite takeaways. Then you meet some one, probably of the female variety who learned to cook from her mother and shazam!

Suddenly you're getting proper grub again and you find that you really don't need to bother.

After a few years you discover, that she's not such a good cook after all - boring is the word most often used, lets say, roast every Sunday, Monday, curry or hash prepared from Sunday's left overs, Spag Bog Tuesday etc etc. None of this actually takes into account that she also is working/bringing up a family and cooking starts to become a habit for her and having to come up with a nourishing meal every day at least once for you, the kids or both gets to be a real barsteward add in the fact you're never home when you say you're going to be and suddenly you're consigned to take aways or warm up.

So what do you do? You decide that you will show her how it's done. In your usual manner however you pick exactly the when and where, most likley it'll be the weekend, Saturday if there's no Footy and deffo Sunday (again if there's no footy) when you can spend all day and the week's shopping budget preparing Delia's finest straight out of a book.

After a while, you end up with a limited range of quite good stuff (which never looks quite like Delia's) and a cupboard full of White wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, Oyster sauce, a full range of dried herbs and spices, Dijon Mustard, Stale Pak Choi, more garlic than Van Helsing's library and all sorts of other crap that you've used once coz Delia said to, but will never use again as you weren't that keen and by this stage the novelty of cooking has worn off anyway.

End result is, you think you're a good cook brag to your mate's about how much you do around the house and eventually discover that she's fooked off with some bloke who has never cooked and loves frozen pizza and chips every Monday night, on the table at 7.00 pm coz he doesn't drink and has no mates.

Or is that just me ?
  • lol... i wondered where you were going with that one but you finished off magnificently.
  • LOL, you are consistently making me laugh lately.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]lol... i wondered where you were going with that one but you finished off magnificently.

Thanks B that's the first time a woman has ever said that to me!!!

Smudge I try son, I try.