Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

supermarket.

Wondered on here what supermarket people use?.Aldi becoming bigger in the market.

Comments

• I use ASDA and their Click & Collect service, takes 30mins to go get it and put it away
  • Lucky you Ricky.
  • Used to go to Tesco in Woolwich but it now appears to be a clothing store/ethnic food wholesaler based on my last visit, so now we go Sainsbuys in Charlton.
  • If only. Waitrose or Sainsburys.
  • I think where you shop says a lot about your social class. My nearest supermarket is a Waitrose which is clean and good, but ridiculously expensive. You really notice the difference when you visit a Lidl or an Asda, especially at the till.
  • Costco for non-perishables and Waitrose or M&S for everything else
  • Morrisons , Erith is a freak show but I still like going in there.

don't like Asda and hate their adverts.

prepared to change to Sainsbury's if Sebastian buys us.

• Sponsored links:

• I'm fickle -- Waitrose, Morrison's, Sainsbury, Aldi, M&S.

And I'm gullible -- always fall for money off vouchers received through the post.
  • Macronate said:

prepared to change to Sainsbury's if Sebastian buys us.

If only.

We're more likely to end up with....

• Morrisons, one of the scruffy freaks I suspect others look down on!

Topped up with a bit of Poundland.
  • Sainsburys, M&S,Waitrose and local shops
  • What's a supermarket?
    Tescos online.
  • Costco and lidl
  • I bizarrely enjoy going supermarket shopping, other than Charlton it's the only hobby I have!

Alas, I hear you.
  • edited November 2015
    Sainsburys. The Asda in Charlton is the arsehole of London.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc999 said:

I went to Aldi last Friday to purchase some 'Award' winning champagne. While I was in there I decided to purchase a few items to try them out.

Anyway, my findings are as follows:

Food/Drink Purchased
    Champagne = OK - good value for £10
    Salmon Fillets = Very Good
    Sausages = Again, very good and a lot cheaper and better tasting than the big supermarkets
    Pastries = OK

Shop
    Aldi's sell some really random items. For example, next to the dairy counter they had some mobile welding units for sale..??

Customers
    Wow - some really interesting people in there.............(least of all, me)

Conclusion
    Good value but do not stock enough items for a full weekly shop (Unless you need that last minute mobile welding unit that is)

Gotta say, Aldi's top end range sausages (£1.75 for 6) are really very very good, especially for the price. Some of the other things are good too.
  • Huskaris said:

Sainsburys. The Asda in Charlton is the arsehole of London.

*pretends that I don't work there*
  • I bizarrely enjoy going supermarket shopping, other than Charlton it's the only hobby I have!

I think you need to add a sad button next to the like button
  • Asda - but it really is lousy at times
  • M & S, Coop and for a big shop Sainsburys on line. Love Carrefour when we are in France....especially the award winning wines and local produce sections.
  • Mostly Sainsburys, but had a foray into Aldi's to buy a sledge hammer for a garden project - only to later find my club hammer did the job. If ever the saying ‘you don’t need a sledge hammer to crack a nut applied to anyone … Still, at £12.99 not too much damage done.
  • Sainsburys for the main shop and then Tesco, Waitrose, M&S or Lidl for a top up.