Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peep Show Season 9

I am a massive fan of the show and was eagerly anticipating this season. For me it got off to a bit of a shaky start and was almost being a bit too stupid for the sake of it but the last 3 episodes have really pulled it back for me.

Tonight was the final episode ever and I think they ended it really well, it was definitely the best of the series for me and thought the ending with those two in the flat was pretty much perfect. Super-Hans was brilliant as ever and the sort of mutual recognition Mark and Jez showed for each others friendship was enough to send me to bed happy.

Sad it is over but thought it went out on a definite high. A truly classic series of British comedy IMO.

What were everyone else's thoughts on this series?

Comments

• Same as you thought it got better as it went along. Classic show that I will not mind seeing over again and again. 'Sexy dresden' was my favourite line from this series.
  • I thought it was brilliant from start to finish.
  • edited December 2015
    Completely agree, fitting end to 9 series of comedy genius
  • Personally thought the final episode was rather weak but the rest of the season was fantastic. I think last week's being my favourite, "shut up mark, no one uses maths anymore, we all walk around with little calculators in our pockets just like our maths teachers said we wouldn't" - utterly genius writing. Would've been nice for it all to have finally come off for both of them in the end but in classic peep show style it fell apart and they both just have each other... And documentaries.
  • Should've just left it at the Wedding Day episode.
  • Should've just left it at the Wedding Day episode.

The first wedding with Mark and Sophie?
  • Anyone else think the whole series was absolutely dire ?
  • J BLOCK said:

wmcf123 said:

Anyone else think the whole series was absolutely dire ?

No, I thought it was one of the best
    Interesting to read other views . Beyond a few moments from Superhans, I thought the whole thing was ridiculous. It's always been crass but somehow there was nothing believable about any of it
  • edited December 2015
    wmcf123 said:

J BLOCK said:

wmcf123 said:

Interesting to read other views . Beyond a few moments from Superhans, I thought the whole thing was ridiculous. It's always been crass but somehow there was nothing believable about any of it
    I agree there were a few moments in the second and third episode of this series that I didn't enjoy. The whole wedding episode and the episode with the dinner party I didn't enjoy.

However other then that I loved it and thought it got progressively better. I don't really care for other reviews but all the ones I've come across on Twitter have been positive

I would love a super hans spin off!
    The Road to Macedonia
  • Sponsored links:

• Brilliant programme and gutted it's done
  • wmcf123 said:

J BLOCK said:

wmcf123 said:

I agree there were a few moments in the second and third episode of this series that I didn't enjoy. The whole wedding episode and the episode with the dinner party I didn't enjoy.

However other then that I loved it and thought it got progressively better. I don't really care for other reviews but all the ones I've come across on Twitter have been positive

I would love a super hans spin off!
    The Road to Macedonia
    Just started it from the beginning again and agree that S1 isn't the best but there are some good scenes.
  • Just got around to watching this, pretty much agree with the OP. First few episodes pretty weak and OTT then it became more like the old peep show. Episode at the kids play centre was my favourite.
  • Personally didn't think it quite hit its peak, but was still a very enjoyable series and better than 99% of shows out there. Started watching them back from the start and they are still just fantastic. A contender for my favourite ever show.
  • ummm here is the American pilot for their version of this show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yredc3ayOE
  • Oakster said:

ummm here is the American pilot for their version of this show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yredc3ayOE

Well they got the cringyworthy bit right at least... still probably better than this though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSCaEijMx3U
  • Watched it all again from the start a few weeks back.
    Just brilliant, just a pity the final episode was dog shit.