Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2016

Some might think it early to start this thread but, with winter training in full flow, there's no time like the present to look forward to next season.

I'd like to kick off on a positive note with a player who I'm hoping will be given the opportunity to secure a first team place - Sean Dickson:

kentcricket.co.uk/news/sean-dickson-named-national-second-xi-player-of-the-year

Comments

• Some might think it early to start this thread but, with winter training in full flow, there's no time like the present to look forward to next season.

I'd like to kick off on a positive note with a player who I'm hoping will be given the opportunity to secure a first team place - Sean Dickson:

kentcricket.co.uk/news/sean-dickson-named-national-second-xi-player-of-the-year

Yes! :smiley:
    It is the second successive year a Kent player has won the award with former academy scholar Chris Piesley winning the prize in 2014 after a prolific year for Kent and MCC Young Cricketers.
    What happened to him, he's 23 now yet didn't seem to feature much (or at all) last season?
  • Looking forward to seeing how dickson gets on next season. Could really be a find
  • APRIL

Tue 5 11am Loughborough MCCU The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence UNI

Sun 10 11am Worcestershire New Road, Worcester CC2

Sun 24 11am Leicestershire Grace Road, Leicester CC2

MAY

Sun 1 11am Glamorgan The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence CC2

Sun 8 11am Gloucestershire The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence CC2

Sun 15 11am Northamptonshire County Ground, Northampton CC2

Fri 20 7pm Somerset The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence T20 (F)

Sun 22 11am Derbyshire The 3aaa Ground, Derby CC2

Sun 29 11am Leicestershire The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence CC2

JUNE

Thu 2 TBC Hampshire Ageas Bowl, Southampton T20 (F)

Fri 3 5.30pm Gloucestershire The County Ground, Beckenham T20

Sun 5 10.30am Surrey The County Ground, Beckenham ODC

Wed 8 TBC Hampshire The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence T20 (F)

Fri 10 TBC Sussex Hove T20 (F)

Sun 12 10.30am Glamorgan The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence ODC

Tue 14 10.30am Somerset The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence ODC

Wed 15 2pm Essex Eagles Chelmsford ODC

Fri 17 1 day Glamorgan SWALEC Stadium T20 (F)

Sun 19 11am Glamorgan SWALEC Stadium CC2

Fri 24 7pm Middlesex The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence T20 (F)

Sun 26 11am Derbyshire The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence CC2

Thur 30 TBC Sussex Sharks The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence T20 (F)

JULY

Fri 1 TBC Essex Chelmsford T20 (F)

Sun 3 11am Essex Chelmsford CC2

Thur 7 TBC Somerset Taunton T20

Fri 8 TBC Gloucestershire Bristol T20 (F)

Fri 15 5.30pm Surrey The Nevill Ground, Tunbridge Wells T20

Sun 17 11am Sussex The Nevill Ground, Tunbridge Wells CC2

Fri 22 7pm Essex The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence T20 (F)

Sun 24 10.30am Middlesex Lord’s ODC

Sun 24 10.30am Eng Lions v Pakistan A The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence TOM1

Mon 25 10.30am Eng Lions v Sri Lanka A The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence TOM1

Tue 26 2pm Hampshire Ageas Bowl, Southampton ODC (F)

Fri 29 TBC Surrey Kia Oval T20

Sun 31 10.30am Gloucestershire The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence ODC (CCW)

AUGUST

Tue 2 2pm Sussex Sharks Hove ODC

Wed 3 11am Worcestershire The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence CC2 (CCW)

8-11 TBC T20 Blast Quarter Finals

Tue 16 TBC England U19 v Sri Lanka U19 The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence U19 ODI

17-18 TBC RLODC Quarter Finals

Sat 20 T20 Finals Day, Edgbaston

Tue 23 11am Gloucestershire Bristol CC2

28-29 TBC RLODC Semi Finals

Wed 31 11am Sussex Hove CC2

SEPTEMBER

Tue 6 10.30am Northamptonshire The County Ground, Beckenham CC2

Sat 17 TBC ODC Final, Lord’s

Tue 20 10.30am Essex The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence CC2

CC2: County Championship Div 2

RLODC: Royal London One-Day Cup

T20: NatWest T20 Blast

TOM: Tourist Overseas Match (one day)

U19 ODI: England U19s One-Day International

CCW: Canterbury Cricket Week

(F): Floodlit

Match tickets will not be available until spring 2016 so the only way to guarantee your seat is to buy a 2016 Membership fromwww.kentcricketshop.co.uk

All three fixtures will be included in Championship Plus, All Rounder and Spitfire Memberships, available at discounted Early Bird prices until 31 December 2015.
  • Just thought I'd get my first contribution on here nice and early!

I know we are in a higher division than you this year but I hope some of the rivalry can continue in the T20 and one day stuff! I hope we are in the same group as you as obviously you won't be getting out the group!! :p

Hope we can enjoy some good friendly banter on here as well! (Cue the first person to tell me to f off onto my own thread!) #uptherey
  • Difficult instruction was it... :-)
  • Having played for Kent for the last two seasons, we have found out today that Seb has made the Winter U13 training squad of 19 which will once again be reduced to a playing squad of 14 come April.

That's the good news. The bad news is that training is 7-9 every Tuesday night in Canterbury, not the greatest of venues when you live this end of the county!
  • Well done young Seb - again !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Good Luck Seb.
  • Well done Seb!
  • Seb has played the last two seasons against the Essex lad who has made the papers for beating Cook's school record and he hit 51 off 32 and 40 off 28 in those matches.

As Nasser, his coach at New Hall, says he is one big unit for his age - he hardly touched one block and it raced to the boundary!

Article about him here:

dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-3356634/Alastair-Cook-England-s-time-Test-run-scorer-13-year-old-breaking-Essex-batsman-s-records.html
  • Well done Seb.
    Sometimes there are sacrifices you have to make.
  • Kent have signed wicket keeper/batsman Adam Rouse on a two year deal. Something had to be done with no back up to Billings especially with the England player possibly leaving at the end of next season.
  • Kent have signed wicket keeper/batsman Adam Rouse on a two year deal. Something had to be done with no back up to Billings especially with the England player possibly leaving at the end of next season.

Either way, we need cover for Billings this season, especially if he stays in the England T20 squad
  • First time seeing the new facilities at Beckenham later today as I have my first pre-season nets of the season.

Looking forward to seeing what they've done.
  • First time seeing the new facilities at Beckenham later today as I have my first pre-season nets of the season.

The hall mirrors that of Canterbury both in size and the bounce i.e. you don't get the tennis ball bounce so often witnessed in school halls/gyms.

Viewing is side on (unlike Canterbury) though and whilst that doesn't affect those partaking it is definitely an issue if you want to see someone batting or keeping in the far two nets as they are obstructed by the think "curtain".

And there aren't any machines for drinks or snacks so make sure you take your own!
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/35418637

Good news, Billings has signed a contract extension

Good news indeed, he will be missing for the ODI and Int T20 comps but that won't get in the way of his Kent duties too much.

• Sponsored links:

The hall mirrors that of Canterbury both in size and the bounce i.e. you don't get the tennis ball bounce so often witnessed in school halls/gyms.

Viewing is side on (unlike Canterbury) though and whilst that doesn't affect those partaking it is definitely an issue if you want to see someone batting or keeping in the far two nets as they are obstructed by the think "curtain".

And there aren't any machines for drinks or snacks so make sure you take your own!
    Cheers.

Looks like I'll have to repeat "Get forward" in my head as I do every time I haven't faced a ball in a few months then!

Oh, and yes, I do always end up going backwards :-)
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/35418637

Good news, Billings has signed a contract extension

unusually doesn't say how long for, which I presumes means not very!

• Nets were good. I was shit.
  • Nets were good. I was shit.

Who you play for pal? Might try knock your head off if we're in the same league. ;-)
  • iamdan said:

Nets were good. I was shit.

Who you play for pal? Might try knock your head off if we're in the same league. ;-)
    Beckenham mate. You?
  • Bexley pal.
  • iamdan said:

iamdan said:

Bexley pal.

Depending which team you play for and assuming you go to nets, I trust that you won't be trying to knock my 12 year old's head off on Sunday. Mind you, as he's less than 5 feet in height any good length ball could have him ducking - but more likely pulling ;-)
  • iamdan said:

iamdan said:

Bexley pal.

Depending which team you play for and assuming you go to nets, I trust that you won't be trying to knock my 12 year old's head off on Sunday. Mind you, as he's less than 5 feet in height any good length ball could have him ducking - but more likely pulling ;-)
    Still taller than James Taylor though!
  • edited February 2016
    Rabada has signed a short term deal for 2016

http://www.espncricinfo.com/page2/content/story/973563.html