Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATEMENT: From CAFC and the Met Police

edited March 2016 in General Charlton
cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-mps-metropolitan-police-statement-3031742.aspx

Looks like an effort to nip pitch invasions in the bud.

Comments

• Q1 Who requested/initiated the meeting at NSY ?
  • Having properly read it and digested it, something interesting has crossed my mind:
    A reminder that the following is illegal and will be investigated: entering the field of play or adjacent areas (i.e. pitch invasion); the throwing of any objects in the ground; racist or homophobic chanting; carrying or using pyrotechnics inside or outside the ground.
    Could it be argued that chanting "You Belgian wankers" is racist? If so...
    The MPS have made recent arrests for offences at CAFC including pitch invasion and throwing a bottle at a protest outside the main entrance to the ground. There have been a number of arrests, charges and bans in recent weeks for offences by CAFC fans and there are a number of court cases coming up in particular in relation to the disorder at Crystal Palace.
    Tony the Testicle's grand plan to ban protesters could well work, albeit very tenuously?
  • LuckyReds said:

Having properly read it and digested it, something interesting has crossed my mind:

A reminder that the following is illegal and will be investigated: entering the field of play or adjacent areas (i.e. pitch invasion); the throwing of any objects in the ground; racist or homophobic chanting; carrying or using pyrotechnics inside or outside the ground.
    Could it be argued that chanting "You Belgian wankers" is racist? If so...
    The MPS have made recent arrests for offences at CAFC including pitch invasion and throwing a bottle at a protest outside the main entrance to the ground. There have been a number of arrests, charges and bans in recent weeks for offences by CAFC fans and there are a number of court cases coming up in particular in relation to the disorder at Crystal Palace.
    Tony the Testicle's grand plan to ban protesters could well work, albeit very tenuously?

If I sing Tony Keohane looks like a ballbag (not sure as to what tune it goes to yet..) I'm sure this swerves any racist brackets. Sorted.
  • oh boo hoo Roland.

be a good boy, sell up and they'll be no need for any of this.
  • Sponsored links:

• C4FC4L1f3 said:

That will teach them Roland!

Season tickets will fly off the shelf now!

Actually think the shelf will collapse because they're all still there.....
    A valid well considered point! I retract my statement! :dizzy:
  • But no, quite obviously the Club's statement this released after a little talk with someone with the MET. It's costing the Club a hell of a lot of money for it all, and a lot of effort to push through with all these stadium bans (although they essentially are burning the hands of their own fans over quite petty things). The more warnings and the more serious they sound the less people will do it, but it's all pointless now - people couldn't care less for a ban at the Valley; these will likely be lifted upon a new owner and that will be when they want to return to the Valley.

The Brighton game is going to be fun.. cough cough wink wink.
  • Ok, look, I threw a beachball.
  • Hiding behind the MPS, well it makes a change from hiding behind kids.

Glad it wasn't just me thinking that... it's almost as though they're afraid to make a statement on their own two feet out of fear of the backlash.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can we get this out to news outlets/media with a CARD statement!

Make the best out of a crap statement
  • I would like to publicly state that I didn't lay a finger on a beachball, balloon, whistle, bottle or anything, promise.
  • A reminder that the following is illegal and will be investigated: entering the field of play or adjacent areas (i.e. pitch invasion); the throwing of any objects in the ground {...}

So, if you're planning to be a ball-boy at the next home game; or a player, taking a throw-in; or support staff chucking a drinking water bottle to players {...}
  • Could it be argued that chanting "You Belgian wankers" is racist?

It's not racist. Borderline xenophobic, but definitely not racist.