Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rochdale

Remember them from the FA Cup tie a few years ago, very loyal, noisy fans, friendly lot as well, not a bad word to say about them

and 34 years in the bottom division...

Up the Dale today, another smaller club on the march hopefully, after the likes of Hull, Hereford and Doncaster

Comments

• nice club but have stockport in my bet,had donny and hull,reckon a draw in 90 mins to fuck me up.
  • looks a poor crowd compared to most.
  • Have seen both teams this season, Brentford vs stockport & Dagenham vs Rochdale, both very good sides should be a good game.
    I Think Rochdale might sneak it.
  • stockport just scored a cracking 3rd
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]Have seen both teams this season, Brentford vs stockport & Dagenham vs Rochdale, both very good sides should be a good game.
    I Think Rochdale might sneak it.[/quote]

3-1 now, they look like more than sneaking it.
  • game on 3-2 now another cracking goal
  • Well done Stockport and bad luck Rochdale, Empires have risen and fallen since they were last in the third tier, looks like it being at least another year though.
  • 115 quid on 7.50 i cant stop winning! shitting myself when it went 3-2
  • Rochdale are aparently the most unsucessful side in the football league. 96 years of their 101 year history in tier 4. Only one promoted to tier 3 for 5 years.

I would have like to see them win if only for their long suffering fans.
  • And we played them in that 5 year period. I seem to remember the attendance at their place being 896 or something like that. It sticks out because it's the only time I can remember when we played a league game with a 3 figure attendance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Feel sorry for the Rochdale fans.

We should think of them when moaning about our lot.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Feel sorry for the Rochdale fans.

We should think of them when moaning about our lot.

Exactly - they looked devastated at full time as well. Hopefully they'll finish the job next season.
  • I felt for them too. 34 years in the same division, must be soul destoying.
  • Yet all i heard on the radio last night were Rochdale fans saying what a great day they had had, and how their team had given it a good go.

proper fans.
  • Best game of the weekend
  • was a good game couple of very good goals as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Yet all i heard on the radio last night were Rochdale fans saying what a great day they had had, and how their team had given it a good go.

proper fans.

what makes them proper fans? the fact that they support a lower league/shit team?
  • Rochdale fans are glory boys.
    No relegations in 34 years.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    what makes them proper fans? the fact that they support a lower league/shit team?

the fact that they support the least successful side in English professional football, yet never seem to moan about it. They failed at Wembley yesterday yet all they wanted to do on the radio was say how how proud they were of the club, team, players, manager etc
  • True AFKA or they were stunned to see this electricity stuff they have herd about or carts that seem to move themselves without the aid of horses.

Northern Monkeys i tell yur.
  • Sponsored links:

• course they're going to say they had a great day out - it was something out of the ordinary for them and were going to enjoy it always - regardless of result. I read their website on a few occasions... i've heard them moan plenty.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]course they're going to say they had a great day out - it was something out of the ordinary for them and were going to enjoy it always - regardless of result. I read their website on a few occasions... i've heard them moan plenty.

Did you get out the wrong side this morning?????
  • shut up!

no but you are all proper fans arent you? i wouldnt describe myself as one as i can often be found back in the pub long before the final whistle!
  • edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]shut up!

no but you are all proper fans arent you? i wouldnt describe myself as one as i can often be found back in the pub long before the final whistle!

Whats proper?

I think supporting through thick and thin and thats why it applies to Rochdale fans. They're thick and success is thin!
  • whats "proper" then. Someone who wears a bobble hat and uses a clappy thing and thinks that the clubs gona win EVERY game no matter who they play?

I support the club, 4 decades, moan a good deal, sometimes boo at the final whistle, sometimes, leave early.Probably done a few "unproper" things while folowing the club. Dont think im "proper" f**king wouldnt wanna be either !
  • edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]shut up!

I meant to say that some of us are armchairs