Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jimmy Seed stand - new sign

Anyone know of any progress with this, or are the inert, interim SMT, still working on feasibility and planning, alongside the various official supporter groups?

Comments

• Fumbluff said:

Target20k are still deciding which font would bring back more supporters....

And on the right shade of red to use
  • Just another example of Daisy's all talk and no action policy
  • I'm sorry but shouldn't the maintenance bills be paid by the club??!?
  • There must be someone in the club who can organise a cherry picker, a couple of men with screwdrivers, some paint brushes and 2,5 litres of paint.
    Money can't be the problem, the club has been awash with it since yellow tooth arrived. Katy said the other day what football man Roland has done and how he has pumped millions into our club. Surely our history understanding SMT could find some spare change down the back of the sofa to get things moving on the signing.
  • bellz2002 said:

I'm sorry but shouldn't the maintenance bills be paid by the club??!?

I've got no problem with the club finding sponsorship for things like this. If it increases the budget and means things get done then all fine imho. Happened all the time under previous regimes when relationships with sponsors were far stronger.

I do have an issue with them claiming credit for something they haven't yet done and spinning it as a major advance and achievement of the regime and T20k.

It will be a good thing but it is a small thing and it's not even happened yet.

• edited October 2016

There must be someone in the club who can organise a cherry picker, a couple of men with screwdrivers, some paint brushes and 2,5 litres of paint.
    Money can't be the problem, the club has been awash with it since yellow tooth arrived. Katy said the other day what football man Roland has done and how he has pumped millions into our club. Surely our history understanding SMT could find some spare change down the back of the sofa to get things moving on the signing.

That was the original plan, but then the 2% had to spoil it by destroying the sofa and thus ruining it for everyone else!.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well I drove past the Valley the other morning and I think the new sign is tremendous. Congratulations are in order Latrien, no-one can accuse you of screwing this up, in big red bold letters... "graine de jimmy"...oh!
  • Shame they cant find a sponsor for the away stand at gillingham to stick a roof on it before our next visit
  • The sign will be revealed today.
    It will read 'The Albert Lindon Stand '.
  • Due to be done in October or November with the £6k costs being met by a sponsor (source: current member of T20k group)

I assume the sponsor will be known once we see their name either side of the words "Jimmy South Stand".

Let's hope its not FCUK.
  • rikofold said:

Fumbluff said:

As someone said on Twitter today, with just over 6k in the ground T20 have achieved their aim of 20,000 empty seats.
    Was it as low as that?

Anyone got any pictures?
  • Off_it said:

rikofold said:

Fumbluff said:

As someone said on Twitter today, with just over 6k in the ground T20 have achieved their aim of 20,000 empty seats.
    Was it as low as that?

Anyone got any pictures?
    Was there today definitely not more than 7k whatever the official figures show
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:

rikofold said:

Fumbluff said:

Was it as low as that?

Anyone got any pictures?
    BBC is saying 10,153
  • Off_it said:

rikofold said:

Fumbluff said:

Was it as low as that?

Anyone got any pictures?
    Agreed, I can't believe there was more than 7k
  • Off_it said:

rikofold said:

Fumbluff said:

Was it as low as that?

Anyone got any pictures?
    BBC is saying 10,153
    That includes season ticket holders trust me there wasn't that many there
  • The Valley looked very empty today.

Was sitting in the west lower and that wasn't very full but in the north upper and lower and east stand there was a lot of empty seats.

Fairly limited travelling support as well.

I'd say around 7k would be about right.
  • IdleHans said:

£6k? That sounds like a top 6 sign budget.

You will probably find that it conceals sound recording equipment and hidden cameras noting crowd actions (such as pig throwing, Korean flag waving and anti-Roland/KM standing up and singing etc). It may even be sponsored (probably by the KGB or North Korean secret police).
  • Due to be done in October or November with the £6k costs being met by a sponsor (source: current member of T20k group)

I assume the sponsor will be known once we see their name either side of the words "Jimmy South Stand".

6k for a sign?! I'll do it for 4k. :wink:

• I'm really not sure how the finances of football work.....
    .......but can Roland not find a bit of spare change for this?

• No spare change as yet, - that's in the next phase.

For now they're still working with the fans towards thinking about contemplating how they might, at some time in the future, before too long, invite some randomly selected representative groups of random people to consult about how they might, sort of start, in the not too distant future, looking at the options for a new Jimmy Seed Stand sign.

However, before they actually do all that they will be letting everyone know that's what they intend to do, which might take some time to complete yet.

Anyway, it is all seems very positive = an "easy win" for which we should all be very grateful.

As RS said, 'we need to be patient'. I'll report back here in 2020. By which point my eyesight won't be and I won't be able to read the bloody sign anyway.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!