Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scott Parker 'Big interview' in the Sun today

Double page spread and guess how many mentions Charlton get?

We mean nuffin to nobody I tell ya.

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Mentioned Spurs, West Ham and even the McDonald's keepy uppy skit FFS!

How's that for you.
  • Still pleases me that he won f**k all after he left us.

Me too
  • Oh, and he's a greedy c***

So, R ot W works for Lidl. Tesco come sniffing and offer to double your wage. R ot W accepts that offer and moves on to bigger things. What a greedy c***!! Me, I call it human nature and common sense!
    Except he was on about 20k a year

Unlike a Lidl worker

Me too
    Me three
  • Sponsored links:

So, R ot W works for Lidl. Tesco come sniffing and offer to double your wage. R ot W accepts that offer and moves on to bigger things. What a greedy c***!! Me, I call it human nature and common sense!
    Except he was on about 20k a year

Unlike a Lidl worker
    F****** Whoosh!!!!!!!!! It's relative!!!

Don't think it was really about winning anything.
    It was about money. Pretty much the same as any footballer the world over.
    He's had a good career out of it.
    Yes,he F**** us over somewhat but still one of the best I've seen in the shirt.

Me too
    Me three
    Me four.

First on my list for the mess we know find ourselves in. (And there are a fair few names on my list now).

Me too
    Me three
    Me four.

First on my list for the mess we know find ourselves in. (And there are a fair few names on my list now).
    I've got a wall going spare you can put them up against.

I call it a greedy c***.
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
    All I do know is that it ripped the heart out of the greatest Charlton side I had ever witnessed >1982
    I might be in the minority but I actually think the Murphy, Smertin & Kishishev midfield was better.
  • Sponsored links:

• DiscoCAFC said:

HandG said:

We're not doing this again are we?

We had failed in the latter part of earlier seasons when Parker had been there hadn't we? So why would that season had been any different? Also, we finished 7th? Did people really expect we'd finish in the top four? Really?

And how can the sale of one player 13 years ago be held in any way at all responsible for where we are now? Regardless of all the Roland shenanigans which I would say has been a much bigger reason(!) let's not forget we got £10m which was left to Alan Curbishley to spend so we weren't exactly left up shit creek were we?

Also Parker did an interview before a recent Fulham v Charlton game saying how much he still loved the club so don't really see the point of this thread.

I agree with your 2nd and 3rd paragraph but not the 1st.

Parker left us when we were in 4th position, the team were in top form and Parker was pretty much our best player on the field and he dismantled the team. If Parker stayed I'm sure we'd finish top 6 and Parker would have a chance to play in Europe rather than warming the bench with Lampard and Makelele ahead of him.
    If he stayed, he could have replaced Roy Keane at Man Utd.
    We'd probably would've got more than £10m as well!
  • Can you blame him? Amount of crap he got for making the move and progressing his career away from Charlton. He was too good for Charlton and had every right to go to Chelsea to try and realise his potential.

Just like any individual in any trade, if someone comes sniffing offering a lot more money for your wares you would take it. Get over it.

Been a while since I have had to write this. Speak for yourself.
  • Was gutted when he left, I grew up in that era, and was my idol. Loved the determination, commitment and drive had. Was heart broken when he left, but came to expect it, same as all the others.
  • The way he wrangled his way out the club was disgusting. His son was a baby at the time but boy what a terrible example to set to your son and boy what a terrible father Scott Parker is to his son.

Are you deranged?