Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parking near the valley

Alright everyone; usually I jump on the train but does anyone know best places to park free near the ground on Tuesday evening for mk dons game?? What are restrictions like on a Tuesday eve? Any recommendations? Thanks

Comments

• Mate pay a fiver and park the car in an attended car park.....Ive been broken in to numerous times and it isn't worth it to save a fiver.
  • Kinveachy Gardens.
  • Kinveachy Gardens.

Nooooo! There's always one space there. One last space. And I don't want anyone else getting it.
  • On the main road near the Rose of Denmark. Been parking there for years for an evening game, never a problem.
  • Sundorne Road opposite the Liberal club - nor any of the roads off it. Parking restrictions in place but OK after 6.30pm
  • Just past The Oak, opposite the shop. After 6.30pm.
  • Streets close to the ground have signs showing that parking restrictions apply after 6.30pm on match days. There are usually free spaces in streets to the west of Charlton Church Lane.
  • TEL said:

Mate pay a fiver and park the car in an attended car park.....Ive been broken in to numerous times and it isn't worth it to save a fiver.

Are there still attended car parks? I used to park in a factory's car park in Victoria Way but that closed. Has it opened again ?

• TEL said:

Mate pay a fiver and park the car in an attended car park.....Ive been broken in to numerous times and it isn't worth it to save a fiver.

Are there still attended car parks? I used to park in a factory's car park in Victoria Way but that closed. Has it opened again ?

• Really annoying Charlton Park has started closing before dusk this season so have been unable to park
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2017
    Weyman Road off of Shooters Hill Road. Walk to the ground via Charlton Village and stop in the Bugle or Swan for a beer on the way down to the ground.
  • park near Blackheath rugby ground (rectory field) 10-15 minute walk to ground but its free.
  • Is the old Sainsbury's car park still controlled on a match day?
  • Coxmount Road if you can get in is about as near as you can get outside of the parking restrictions. If not then Thorntree Road is only about a 5 mins walk from the ground.
  • Brian said:

TEL said:

Im rather hoping so as that was where I was going to park my motorhome...last game I went to was Burnely as I live abroad.
  • I'm amazed that its getting harder & harder to park in the road around the ground seeing as the attendances are dropping like a stone. It alos doesn't help that some of the loacls like to put out dustbins & cones in front of their properties , even though its a marked bay where anyone is allowed to park. If I ever get a parking ticket I'll submit a couple of photos showing this saying that I'm being denied a legitimate parking space.

And before anyone starts up saying about the rights of residents etc etc I would point out that I live on a main road with residents parking outside where non-residents are allowed to park free for up to 2 hours & so I know what its like to come home & not being able to park outside my house - but I bought the house knowing that so the residents have no cause to moan.

Exactly... Always do your research on the whole area before you move into a property.

Or did they not realise a Football Ground for a League team (that has always had over 5,000 crowds) was on their doorstep!!
  • edited March 2017
    I was always of the understanding that for an evening game you can park anywhere that is a designated parking space in any surrounding road (and not subject to normal matchday no parking cones) after 4.30pm as you are allowed to park in the space for 2 hours. After 6.30 the restrictions don't apply so you shouldn't get a ticket.
  • Free parking in the following roads, all within walking distance.

Bramshot Ave
    Tallis Grove
    Bramhope lane
    Highcombe
    Wyndcliff
    Sherington RdHopedale

• So looks like parkings going to be a premium tomorrow. Any ideas on parking somewhere within walking range?
  • Sponsored links:

• Slight tangent, but saw someone scrape alongside a parked car on Canberra Road earlier this season. Some awful driving along there.

Yes, i took the number plate down and wrote a note on the car that was hit. 
  • Slight tangent, but saw someone scrape alongside a parked car on Canberra Road earlier this season. Some awful driving along there.

Yes, i took the number plate down and wrote a note on the car that was hit. 
    Making me doubt my sanity of parking there now!
  • I always park on Malborough lane, usually park up around 2:15/2:30 and by then there's next to no spaces... I'll definitely be getting there a bit earlier tomorrow.
  • Seen to many smashed windows to even consider parking in the roads around Charlton again
  • Seen to many smashed windows to even consider parking in the roads around Charlton again
    ?
  • Can you still pay £5/10 to park near the fire station on Woolwich rd?
    My dad or myself have been parking at The Valley every game since 1972.
    I've never seen a smashed window in 47 years.
    Where are you referring to ?
    Thorntree Road down the side of Maryon Wilson Park was one area where you would always see cars broken into. Gave up parking there years ago after my car had the side window smashed. 

As haven't been down there for years not sure you can still park there on a match day. 

• edited September 2019
    Seen to many smashed windows to even consider parking in the roads around Charlton again
    Thorntree Road down the side of Maryon Wilson Park was one area where you would always see cars broken into. Gave up parking there years ago after my car had the side window smashed. 

As haven't been down there for years not sure you can still park there on a match day. 

Been parking there for since the Prem years & never had a problem or seen any damage. Only real problem is lack of spaces as houses often have multiple cars and/or put out bins/planks of wood/traffic cones to stop you parking. I suppose if you move said "obstructions" and parked up anyway then you could be liable to a keyed door panel or broken wing mirror upon your return....so that's why we dont. As per other thread started by AFKA it is getting harder to park around the ground now though & we are being resorted to park in the Park nr the cemetery. 
    This . Never ever had problems parking around the streets in Charlton