Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Amir Khan on sky box office

don't get me wrong I love watching him fight but sky want 15 quid next week to watch him and he hasn't even fought for a world title yet , mind you Audley Harrison is on the undercard

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_3988207,00.html

Comments

• Interesting that he is being used to sell it for pay per view, but that Alex Arthur v Nicky Cook is then mentioned as the headline fight.
    As for Harrison, his opponent is to be confirmed, so unlikely to be top drawer!

Have seen nearly all of Khan's previous fights on ITV, but doubt very much that I'd shell out £15 this time.

Sadly, it seems that Sky and Setanta have now got the rights to all boxing pretty much sewn up.
  • Wheres Nolly????????
  • was thinking the same myself nla!! wheres nolly!
  • Another sport that has sold out its fans for the lure of filthy sky lucre. Four years ago the peoples champion, now just another one out to fleece the fans.
  • Good to see Fraudly back on the card, who's he fighting, Ronnie Corbett?

That'll go the distance then
  • real shame as I thought that Khan was gonna sign with setanta and at least theirs is still just subscription based so no need for the extra 15 quid.

Anyone else see Ordinary Harrisons last "comeback" fight on the Calzaghe undercard in the states ? Truly dreadful
  • I'd rather watch paint dry, than any British boxer. The last 20 years in the sport has been characteriased by a shower of good fighters being gradually ruined by knocking over a series of mugs, egged on by ITV and Sky for a public that seems to understand nothing about the sport and happily throws cash at bouts that simply would not be tolerated in the US. I used to fight and loved the sport more than any other. It's tragic to look at how it's turned out now. Khan is worse now than when he beat Kinderlin as an amateur, purely because you'll never learn anything if you don't stretch yourself - and in the amateurs he was fighting better guys than he is now. He'll go the way of Naz.

Calzaghe is the worst of it in my opinion. Watching him fight Lacey I was stunned to see how good he was. As a sportsman I don't know how he squares it with himself, because he could actually be the best British fighter of all time but instead his legacy will be a 1000 fight unbeaten record, largely against roadsweepers.

I'm all about Muay Thai at the moment. I simply cannot understand how those lads can stand up to it.

[\rant]
  • Frank Maloneys one of my customers, will keep you all in the know on any gossip he tells me.
  • Muay Thai boxers start at the age of about 4. They are as tough as teak.

Watch the real stuff when they can use the elbows and knees, but not if you dont like blood/ snot and gore.

like the ABAs and the smaller weight boxers. Up to about Middle Weights , these super heavys bore the crap oota me no mater where they come from.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Frank Maloneys one of my customers, will keep you all in the know on any gossip he tells me.

Seen him a few times at David llyod in Sidcup......makes AFKA look like a giant....;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]I'd rather watch paint dry, than any British boxer. The last 20 years in the sport has been characteriased by a shower of good fighters being gradually ruined by knocking over a series of mugs, egged on by ITV and Sky for a public that seems to understand nothing about the sport and happily throws cash at bouts that simply would not be tolerated in the US. I used to fight and loved the sport more than any other. It's tragic to look at how it's turned out now. Khan is worse now than when he beat Kinderlin as an amateur, purely because you'll never learn anything if you don't stretch yourself - and in the amateurs he was fighting better guys than he is now. He'll go the way of Naz.

Calzaghe is the worst of it in my opinion. Watching him fight Lacey I was stunned to see how good he was. As a sportsman I don't know how he squares it with himself, because he could actually be the best British fighter of all time but instead his legacy will be a 1000 fight unbeaten record, largely against roadsweepers.

I'm all about Muay Thai at the moment. I simply cannot understand how those lads can stand up to it.

[\rant]

You're very anti-British arnt you?..
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Muay Thai boxers start at the age of about 4. They are as tough as teak.

Watch the real stuff when they can use the elbows and knees, but not if you dont like blood/ snot and gore.

like the ABAs and the smaller weight boxers. Up to about Middle Weights , these super heavys bore the crap oota me no mater where they come from.

Tony Jaa in Ong Bak is awesome....
  • [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Frank Maloneys one of my customers, will keep you all in the know on any gossip he tells me.

Seen him a few times at David llyod in Sidcup......makes AFKA look like a giant....;-)

Yep, and as a tight as a gnats chuff, always wants discounts, suppose thats how he keeps his money, one of his guys told me the other week that he was arguing the day before with a DHL driver over a 47p charge for over half an hour.
  • I think he supports the UKIP....maybe not financially....lol
  • He's in David Llyod as we speak... sitting with a nice blond bird....