Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Saturday service on trains yet peak prices

Not a usual commuter but thought I'd train it for the footie as well - saturday service on my line yet still charging peak prices. Got to illegal that surely.

Comments

• and to think I pay £1,100 for it.
  • That sounds like a bargain, £2600 going up to £2900 in January.

Shouldnt live in the sticks I suppose.
  • i was quite relaxed over the weekend, till at 11 pm last night it was suggested to me that it could be saturday service this week. I'm absolutely fuming about it. i've made a note (i know, i'm a geek) of every train i've got to and from work on this months travel card, and i can honestly say, not 1 train has completed the journey on time in either direction. they've taken away the 5% discount when 100% of my trains are not on time. its a joke, and to put the train prices up yearly and give us a saturday service on 3 normal working days is a f**king joke.
  • Capitalism dont you just love it.
  • South Eastern trains apparently hit their punctuality target in October, so no more discounts this year. Funnily enough from then they were absolute shit!
  • They used to give an excuse at Cannon St in the mornings when the train pulled in 10 minutes late....they don't bother anymore....
  • [cite]Posted By: Oracle[/cite]They used to give an excuse at Cannon St in the mornings when the train pulled in 10 minutes late....they don't bother anymore....

Well, that's what happens when you privatise the buggers. The discount might come back soon, their figures were so poor in November.

Used the lack of discount this month to get myself a travelcard on Oyster instead. I feel like a proper grown-up commuter now instead of fiddling with crappy broken paper tickets. Beep!
  • oh, and spoddy point - there's actually a better service in the evenings to Charlton on a "Saturday service" then there is on a normal weekday. FACT!
  • really? i can only get a train at 22 and 52 past each hour from charing x

thats worse than normal!