Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Gillingham - Match Thread

Afternoon everyone and a happy new year to you all with the first match thread of 2018.

Wherever you are loggIng on from throughout the world, it's a damp and drizzly lunchtime here in SE London. Currently on the 161, and the last leg of our SE London bus tour to ensure my boys get their public transport fix to offset being dragged to football.

Need a win today. Team as follows:

Comments

• Dont agree with KAG being dropped

@RedHenry said that him and Aribo were being rested yet felt Karlan did more against Wigan on Friday night than Magennis has done for a while.

Guess the other reason could be that Gillingham will sit back which means that KAG wont have the same chances to get behind their Defence

@RedHenry said that him and Aribo were being rested yet felt Karlan did more against Wigan on Friday night than Magennis has done for a while.

Guess the other reason could be that Gillingham will sit back which means that KAG wont have the same chances to get behind their Defence

Exactly that I expect. When playing up front KAG really needs that space in behind, and I expect Gills to sit deep. But if the game opens up and/or we're chasing the game he's a good option.
  • Easy home win .
  • Shame that Wagstaff isnt playing for Gillingham today - He's really struggled with injury since leaving the Valley
  • Thought caskey was out for a while with an injury?
  • edited January 2018
    Would like to see Bauer on early-ish doors depending on his current fitness...60 minute mark or so at the latest.
    Strongest bench for a while.
    Really need the three points or we will drift away from the leading pack.
  • ozaddick said:

Thought caskey was out for a while with an injury?

There was a rumour it was for the season yet News Shopper confirmed it was likely to be just for two weeks
  • I thought KR said Lennon was knackered and wouldn’t play? Oh well, perhaps he can do the ex player scoring routine on Gillingham today.
  • Sarr playing left back?
  • Sponsored links:

• Strong Charlton side. 3 points is a must. Come on you addicks.
  • CH4RLTON said:

Sarr playing left back?

Dasilva is playing... Marshall and Holmes will be wingers
  • No Ventokole on the bench?

Playing devils advocate: at 20 KAG hasn't played too many matches of 90 minutes at this level and by all accounts worked his wotsits off at Wigan.

Gillingham don't have a lot of pace at the back so I've been told so KAG may be more effective today as an impact sub with his pace assuming Karl brings him on early enough of course.
  • Think the logic is bring KAG on for the last 20 when Gills are knackered and his pace will be a factor. That’s assuming it’s all gone to plan before then.
  • I don't mind Robinson but that team selection is exactly why you can't really listen to what he says. He made out like Lennon was shot to pieces but now he's starting. Oh well, big game today and need a win to get back in the mix. I'm going 3-1 us
  • considering at least one signing was done and had signed why isn't he at least on the bench? DOUCHER?
  • edited January 2018

I don't mind Robinson but that team selection is exactly why you can't really listen to what he says. He made out like Lennon was shot to pieces but now he's starting. Oh well, big game today and need a win to get back in the mix. I'm going 3-1 us

I would say when it comes to injures and team selections, don't trust what Robinson says. He clearly tries to play things close to the chest/misdirect/lie. Do I think that's necessary? Meh. But I get it. Gillingham will have spent a couple days preparing to face Aribo in midfield, and JFC is a whole other proposition. And also, to be fair to Lennon, he has had three days to recover, it's not like we played yesterday.

That said I'd much, much, much rather have Bauer. But I understand not wanting to rush him back. I think Konsa offers far more at RB than Dijksteel, especially going forward. And even though I think Konsa offers more at CB than Lennon, having that attacking outlet on the right could be very useful at home. Add to that the fact that Dijksteel's positioning has looked very shaky at RB, which could lead to problems on the counter. I should add I really rate Dijksteel and that he's not a RB by trade, hence the positioning problem.
  • In case anyone misses it Katrien new CEO of Sheffield Weds.
  • Sponsored links:

She is a massive fibber...

There my tip for relegation next season km as CEO and avb as manager what could go wrong.
  • edited January 2018
    https://www.facebook.com/OfficialCAFC/videos/1559810957419737/

A really lovely Facebook Live match preview with Olly, Greg, and Terry. Jacko wanders over at one point to see what's going on :).

We're really lucky in that we have some really talented media people who speak very intelligently about the club and football. By all accounts lovely people as well.
  • SDAddick said:

I don't mind Robinson but that team selection is exactly why you can't really listen to what he says. He made out like Lennon was shot to pieces but now he's starting. Oh well, big game today and need a win to get back in the mix. I'm going 3-1 us

I would say when it comes to injures and team selections, don't trust what Robinson says. He clearly tries to play things close to the chest/misdirect/lie. Do I think that's necessary? Meh. But I get it. Gillingham will have spent a couple days preparing to face Aribo in midfield, and JFC is a whole other proposition. And also, to be fair to Lennon, he has had three days to recover, it's not like we played yesterday.

That said I'd much, much, much rather have Bauer. But I understand not wanting to rush him back. I think Konsa offers far more at RB than Dijksteel, especially going forward. And even though I think Konsa offers more at CB than Lennon, having that attacking outlet on the right could be very useful at home. Add to that the fact that Dijksteel's positioning has looked very shaky at RB, which could lead to problems on the counter. I should add I really rate Dijksteel and that he's not a RB by trade, hence the positioning problem.
    I agree it's tactical etc, it's just when he said it in that moment he was emotional and I believed what he said. Not that it's actually effected anything but it just makes you wonder how much of it is nonsense.
  • Here come the two sides....COYA!!! #cafc
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!