Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hartlepool United in Trouble

I'm sure some of you have heard Hartlepool are potentially going into administration.

Obviously it's sad to see any fans feel grieved when their club is in trouble but I thought it's worth starting a new thread considering their fans brought that extra nice memory to the day we lifted the League One trophy.

text

They have to raise £200,000 to survive this month and their is a crowdfunding to help them.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/savehartlepoolunitedfootballclub

Comments

• First of many in coming years, I'm afraid.
  • First of many in coming years, I'm afraid.

Unfortunately I agree, players wages is the main reason.
  • DiscoCAFC said:

First of many in coming years, I'm afraid.

Being relegated from the Football League doesn’t help either.

• It’s wrong that with all the untold millions sloshing around the game, a famous old club like this face closure over £200k.

yeah, but we all know its not just 200k, that's the first drip to keep it going in the short term.
    True
  • bobmunro said:

DiscoCAFC said:

First of many in coming years, I'm afraid.

Being relegated from the Football League doesn’t help either.

True but look how the likes of Portsmouth, Luton, Rangers and even Palarse had suffered. Not only FA but UEFA and Fifa really need to do something about this otherwise it's going to get out of hand.

Neymar's transfer fund to PSG sums it up for me...it's getting beyond a joke. I remember when Shearer moved to Newcastle for £15M and everyone was debating whether any player was worth that amount!
  • What happened to the SE9 Monkey Hangers? All went a bit quiet.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2872806#Comment_2872806
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps Beardsley could restore some karma by helping out an ex-club.
  • DiscoCAFC said:

I'm sure some of you have heard Hartlepool are potentially going into administration.

Obviously it's sad to see any fans feel grieved when their club is in trouble but I thought it's worth starting a new thread considering their fans brought that extra nice memory to the day we lifted the League One trophy.

text

They have to raise £200,000 to survive this month and their is a crowdfunding to help them.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/savehartlepoolunitedfootballclub

Perhaps one of the premierships players could donate one of their weeks wages.
    sorry just seen this

It’s wrong that with all the untold millions sloshing around the game, a famous old club like this face closure over £200k.

Famous........for having the most re-elections to the football league, alongside Halifax and Rochdale.

It’s wrong that with all the untold millions sloshing around the game, a famous old club like this face closure over £200k.

Famous........for having the most re-elections to the football league, alongside Halifax and Rochdale.
    What does being re-elected have to do with it?

• Looking at that crowdfunding page warms the heart. So many fans caring about a club they don't actually support.

#FootballFamily
  • A classic example of the point I tried to make on the thread regarding the Manchester City reserve buying Danny Green's house yesterday.
  • Shall we go and start a Charlton baseball, basketball, tiddly winks club?
    I’m done with football
  • Sponsored links:

• The Hartlepool United Supporters Trust have issued the following statement.
    https://www.hufcsupporterstrust.org.uk/news-article/trust-statement-11-january-2018/63
  • Sounds a right mess, hope it all works out for them. Just sold a player to Preston 'undisclosed' - RD's buying them!!
  • Perhaps Jeff Stelling can chuck in a few bob
  • The Premier League model is in danger of disappearing up it's own arsehole unless they bring in realistic FFP or pools or something new. Park the bus, pass it sideways, back, sideways, repeat is not going to make it the most exciting league in the world, especially if we struggle in Champions League and internationally. If I wanted to make money, I'd buy Championship TV rights. Much better product. Then kick Prem out of Europa league and balance may turn.
  • I believe they should do what the NFL does and equally distribute all TV money. That would make a massive difference to clubs outside the top 6. If on top of that they simply set a rule that wages cannot exceed 66% of all turnover, and then include all transfer fees as turnover in the year of the transfer, it would change a lot of things for the better. In my opinion.
  • I believe they should do what the NFL does and equally distribute all TV money. That would make a massive difference to clubs outside the top 6. If on top of that they simply set a rule that wages cannot exceed 66% of all turnover, and then include all transfer fees as turnover in the year of the transfer, it would change a lot of things for the better. In my opinion.

TV money in the Premier League is already equally distributed amongst all the clubs. It's actually the top clubs that have a gripe against this believing they should get a bigger slice! The Football League/Championship TV deals are peanuts in comparison. They're different organisations so there's no way the EPL will send money down the chain.