Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Old Charlton related photos

edited March 2018 in General Charlton
I couldn't find another general Charlton photo thread.

I have loads more to post up at some time in the future. I hope that you find some of them interesting. @Henry Irving , you can copy any, just let me know which ones.

Edit @LargeAddick you might find these of interest.

You might note the recently deceased Craig Norris on the left.

Looks like a cardigan in this one. Dishing out leaflets on Red, White and Black day.

Blackheath after Wembley.

Carlo handing out trophies at the Bexley and District Junior league at their finals in Mottingham.

Scott Minto at the same event.

Dublin Pre-season friendly

Ticket office for match tickets in Dublin.

Guiness factory tour in Dublin.

Gee gees during a non match day.

At Wembley 1998

Comments

• edited March 2018
    Some good ol photos there mate
  • Good pics. I was on that Dublin tour. Me and my mate took two confused local girls to the St Patricks game that we'd met in Temple Bar the night before. One of them my mate had pinched off Steve Jones. I guess he got his revenge on Charlton fans years later.
  • Love them, even the one of me!

Keep them coming, the Museum really want more fans photos and items.
  • The irony of that first photo. Massive Kick Racism out of Football banner held up by a load of middle aged white guys with a token black dude on the end.
  • The irony of that first photo. Massive Kick Racism out of Football banner held up by a load of middle aged white guys with a token black dude on the end.

Token black dude?
  • First photo shows the East Stand in the background before the TV gantry was installed.
  • Love these!
  • There's only one Leaburn.
    Get him back in the side - he is much better now (? aged 50+) than Magennis will ever be.
  • Who's the tall Charlton fan? Recognise him from the train back from beating Ipswich 5-1, chatted to me and my dad. Nobody could believe the Carlo hattrick!
  • McBobbin said:

Who's the tall Charlton fan? Recognise him from the train back from beating Ipswich 5-1, chatted to me and my dad. Nobody could believe the Carlo hattrick!

And does he still go as I haven't seen him for years, nor his equally tall brother ?
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:

Who's the tall Charlton fan? Recognise him from the train back from beating Ipswich 5-1, chatted to me and my dad. Nobody could believe the Carlo hattrick!

Someone suggested Graham Waller. I can't remember.
  • McBobbin said:

And does he still go as I haven't seen him for years, nor his equally tall brother ?
    Yes he DOES still go....well to away games at least 1

Have met him several times on various stations up north as we waited for our train back to London. And have seen him at Canterbury watching our team.

I'm sure his name is Graham but I can't remember his surname. Think he was involved with Medway Addicks back in the day.

Oh and he must go to home games as I saw him in Crossbars earlier this year with his...wait for it...Grandson ! Doesn't look old enough & hasn't really changed since those pics were taken!
  • A few faces from the "Blackheath after the Play-off final" including Large, his wife, his little brother (@jimmymelrose) and even their mum. Sadly I wasn't there as I don't go back with them, although (of course) I was at the game.
  • Forgot about “the worlds tallest man” used to have boring nicknames for certain fans who we recognised from travelling to away games, around the country, back in the day .
  • McBobbin said:

Am sure ive seen him in the rose before the home games
  • The tall guy is indeed Graham Waller aka lofty (i know really original). Can still be seen at some home and away games.
  • McBobbin said:

Yes he DOES still go....well to away games at least 1

Have met him several times on various stations up north as we waited for our train back to London. And have seen him at Canterbury watching our team.

I'm sure his name is Graham but I can't remember his surname. Think he was involved with Medway Addicks back in the day.

Oh and he must go to home games as I saw him in Crossbars earlier this year with his...wait for it...Grandson ! Doesn't look old enough & hasn't really changed since those pics were taken!
    Thinking about it, it's probably me not doing as many aways :smile:

This is probably one of my oldest photos. I wandered down to Sparrows lane and Andy Nelson let me take photos. Not so sure that he was too happy with this one as he was having what seemed an intense chat here.

Anyone able to identify the player?

This is probably one of my oldest photos. I wandered down to Sparrows lane and Andy Nelson let me take photos. Not so sure that he was too happy with this one as he was having what seemed an intense chat here.

Flanagan?

Flanagan?
    Must be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jeff wood
  • Jeff wood

You sir have a cigar.
  • The tall guy is indeed Graham Waller aka lofty (i know really original). Can still be seen at some home and away games.

From the moon...
    Look at you making height jokes.
  • Often my grandad would come down to the club shop during the week and Andy Nelson would serve him.
  • jeff wood