Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Don’t shoot messenger but the “British” consortium is Mike Ashley supposedly. Just hasn’t sold the Geordies yet.

You're so close to getting a flag.
  • JamesSeed said:

Battersea.

‘BBC Addicks’ anyone?

‘Battersea, Balham and Clapham Addicks’ of course.
    I think we could get a good guest for our launch ;-)
    So that's actually "South Chelsea, South Cla'ham and Cla'ham Addicks".
    I think I'm the only Addick in the the whole of the BBC (SCSCC) area. The meetings should be fun :-(
  • edited May 2018

Glicksteen,Fry,Barrow Boys,RD-------our history is full of top notch "owners"----whom ever comes next ,bring it on ----seen it,herd it ,lived it.

And the needle returns to the start of the song mate
    <blockquote

@Airman Brown
    I have said many times I believe Murray is the main blocking mechanism on any takeover because he will want it right for him first and cafc second so I agree with your last part

I think that very early on there was contact with those that have loans and I believe thier e posts and tweets are very good barometers of where we are in the process not taking away anything from the great info put up by @JamesSeed this weekend

@Davidsmith has been absolutely spot on with his info so far imo

Mine is a word of caution that’s all there have been so many false dawns so many hopes raised only to be dashed

Our job as fans is to enjoy the football first and foremost and be more concerned about those kicking a ball , however recent history at cafc has never just allowed that over the last 30 odd years , so maybe just maybe we should excerise our own DD and not be as willing to accept anyone but Roland just because of the shit we have had to endure

Let’s hope I am wrong in being cautious and all things Aussie are the bollox

But I get the feeling this will be another chapter of uncertainty
  • Well said Davo55
  • edited May 2018

JamesSeed said:

Battersea.

‘BBC Addicks’ anyone?

‘Battersea, Balham and Clapham Addicks’ of course.
    I think we could get a good guest for our launch ;-)
    So that's actually "South Chelsea, South Cla'ham and Cla'ham Addicks".
    No need to change the name of Balham - Gateway to the South!

We enter Balham through the verdant grasslands of Battersea Park, and at once we are aware that here is a land of happy, contented people who go about their daily tasks in truly democratic spirit.

This is busy High Street, focal point of the town's activities. Note the quaint old stores, whose frontage is covered with hand-painted inscriptions, every one a rare example of native Balham art.

and so on .....

(you need to be of a certain age to get this!)
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc-west said:

JamesSeed said:

Great news James and a great relief . I , we, were all very anxious about how you were going to manage the cleanup. A dishwasher is a fantastic labour saving device and it’s a credit to you that you've had the foresight to have had one installed. Speaks volumes about the likely success of future dinner parties. I for one am ending my boycott - I’m free next saturday night .

I have friends who have two dishwashers. Highly recommended apparently.

8pm, Aussie consortium willing.
    I'm having dramas with a customer at the moment because I cannot fit a washing machine and normal sized dishwasher on any side of their kitchen, so they've decided to keep the washing machine and have 2 slimline dishwashers on 2 sides of the kitchen. It's only a holiday home ffs.

Is owning 2 dishwashers the lates status symbol?
    I've read that people have 2 so that they don't unload the d/w - they remove clean stuff as needed - use it and put in the other d/w then when full it goes on and they repeat the cycle. Saves cupboard space and time. I don't even have 1...
    Pure laziness then basically.
    which is the definition of a dishwasher, isn't it ?
    Don't have one
    Sorry to hear your wife's left you.
    When it comes to dishwashing in our house, that would make zero difference.
  • Don’t shoot messenger but the “British” consortium is Mike Ashley supposedly. Just hasn’t sold the Geordies yet.

You're so close to getting a flag.
    As said don’t shoot the messenger.
  • JamesSeed said:

When I mentioned that the transfer window was open, they said they knew, but that they're in this for the long haul. They've of course been trying to get this across the line as early as possible. Bear in mind that they also weren't put off when we failed to gain promotion, for the same reason.

Their comments about the transfer window and missing out on promotion are of course perfectly reasonable statements to make publicly in a negotiation situation. However, privately I hope they are very disappointed about both and tbe financial effect of another season in L1, and if team rebuilding is not successful this summer, probably more than one season with the inevitable negative knock-on effects.
  • Hex said:

JamesSeed said:

When I mentioned that the transfer window was open, they said they knew, but that they're in this for the long haul. They've of course been trying to get this across the line as early as possible. Bear in mind that they also weren't put off when we failed to gain promotion, for the same reason.

Their comments about the transfer window and missing out on promotion are of course perfectly reasonable statements to make publicly in a negotiation situation. However, privately I hope they are very disappointed about both and tbe financial effect of another season in L1, and if team rebuilding is not successful this summer, probably more than one season with the inevitable negative knock-on effects.
    I suppose if we had got promoted this past season RD would have wanted a higher price for the sale. That's probably why the potential new owners aren't that disappointed.
    That would depend on how the price increase compared to the costs of a season (or more) in L1 plus the cost of building a L1 promotion team. I think I would take a definite over a maybe.
  • Stig said:

WOW !

What a day !

A beautiful wedding to savour AND exciting news of a beautiful divorce just around the corner !

This "member's" tingle is moving onwards & upwards !

I'm recommending a special tea towel award for Lord Seed at next season's POTY dinner....

Divorce Tea Towel
    Brilliant, Stig !

I'd certainly buy a few of those !
  • Glicksteen,Fry,Barrow Boys,RD-------our history is full of top notch "owners"----whom ever comes next ,bring it on ----seen it,herd it ,lived it.

The Aussies will be good, if for nothing else, for not being Roland. Having an owner who does not think winning is important is the lowest of the low. There is no worse owner in the world.

No need for DD, no need for caution, and it is not our call anyway. It is what it is and we will need to all pull together and make it work.

I, like so many, have had enough of negativity and I will be only looking for the positives. I will be taking everything at face value and believe everything they say until proved wrong. If Richard Murray is given a role I will support that. Bring it on. I can’t wait.
  • Redrobo said:

Glicksteen,Fry,Barrow Boys,RD-------our history is full of top notch "owners"----whom ever comes next ,bring it on ----seen it,herd it ,lived it.

The Aussies will be good, if for nothing else, for not being Roland. Having an owner who does not think winning is important is the lowest of the low. There is no worse owner in the world.

No need for DD, no need for caution, and it is not our call anyway. It is what it is and we will need to all pull together and make it work.

I, like so many, have had enough of negativity and I will be only looking for the positives. I will be taking everything at face value and believe everything they say until proved wrong. If Richard Murray is given a role I will support that. Bring it on. I can’t wait.
    That's like a double whoosh isn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Well, i know i speak for a heck of a lot of people, but the season ticket money i have is burning a hole in my pocket - and i would happily, with a huge smile, give it to the Aussies or for that matter anyone who wants to take us out of this Belgian hell.

This.
  • JamesSeed said:

Redrobo said:

You will have to explain to me why. Was North London joking?
  • Redrobo said:

JamesSeed said:

Redrobo said:

You will have to explain to me why. Was North London joking?
    I wasn't sure if I'm honest. The RM bit might be a clue. Or might not. Hopefully he'll let us know.
  • edited May 2018
    For me Bowyer plus Curbs as director of football would be marvellous.
    Would also like to think there would be a place for Varney and or Steve Sutherland with Suzi Sausage back at the secretarial helm as well....if she was interested that is.
    All a bit fanciful I know.....but one can only dream.
  • I wasn’t joking I honestly feel there is caution needed as it all sounds like a experiment we will see should they finally sign off

As for RM being involved I would genuinely hope not I am sick to death of him hanging around he needs to no longer be there

I did not think you were, but couldn’t understand the double whoosh.

I don’t think anyone could fail to understand why any of us would be suspicious and cautious after our recent experiences, and I think we are all hoping that the new owners can dispel these quickly so we don’t waste time and effort questioning everything as this would stop the club moving forward as quickly as it might.

As for RM, I have nothing against him personally and an awful lot to be grateful for. That said, if his presence causes negativity for some it would probably be best if he bows out gracefully.
  • For me Bowyer plus Curbs as director of football would be marvellous.
    Would also like to think there would be a place for Varney and or Steve Sutherland with Susie Sausage back at the secretarial helm as well....if she was interested that is.

would Bowyer want someone (even curbs) overseeing him? to my mind he's very much his own man and not sure how this would fit.
  • edited May 2018
    Do we know for certain if Murray is staying or going?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!